Pig spit

1,683 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Dynamic Pinto Beans
Rattler12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For sale: combination grill and rotisserie. Great for pig roasts, goat roasts or Thanksgiving turkey birds. 4 foot diameter. On casters. Runs off of 120V. 5 speeds and a reverse in case you cook it too done and want to take some of the cook back out of the pig. Turns about 1.5 RPM on low. Windbreak is removable.........$1800.00

Pig not included

80sGeorge
AG
Reverse! Finally
GarlandAg2012
AG
I've always wanted to do a whole hog roast, this is damn tempting.

Can you tell me more about spit roasting a pig vs smoking in a cinderblock pig smoker?
ought1ag
AG
just dropped in to say bad ass!!
Rattler12
GarlandAg2012 said:

I've always wanted to do a whole hog roast, this is damn tempting.

Can you tell me more about spit roasting a pig vs smoking in a cinderblock pig smoker?
Not much to tell other than the bigger the pig the longer the cook. Also depending on how much smoke you want you can have a separate fire and just add hot coals as needed for less smoke or add wood as needed to the fire in the end cap for more smoke. There is a 3 ft diameter expanded metal insert that can be placed in the end cap to keep the fire off the bottom and allow for air circulation. It's powered by a 1/4 hp electric motor hooked up to a 5 spd lawn tractor drive unit with chain drive to the reduction gearing and up to the spit bar. It has a regular light switch and box to turn on and off so it can be stopped with the pig in any position. I suppose those quarter inch bars could be bent into a position that would spread the pig out flat. There are also two others bar skewers that can be used with turkeys, shoulder clods, big hams.

I run the spit bar along the inside of the pig and tie it to the backbone in several places with baling wire and then tie the legs to outer bars.

Bronco6Gen
What kind of undertaking are we talking about to move this thing?

And where are you located?
Rattler12
Bronco6Gen said:

What kind of undertaking are we talking about to move this thing?

And where are you located?
It would all fit in a PU bed and 2 people can load it. North of SA off 281 in Comal Co/Guadalupe River in the Spring Branch area.
Dynamic Pinto Beans
AG
This was the week to sell it. BTHO arky
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.