FS: ATEC Rookie Baseball Pitching Machine

1,876 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Texker
Texker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ATEC Rookie machine. Bought it new in 2000. However, it does not have 23 years of use, more like 12 and relatively light use at that as I only replaced the disk pads once. (Buyer will likely need to buy a new set at some point, $105 on ATEC site.)

Always stored in garage so it's in nice condition for the age. Hopefully that comes across in the pics. The housing on the speed dial is cracked from getting hit with a baseball, but it doesn't affect the performance.

Great machine for grounders and fly balls as well.

$750(edit 2/18)with local pick-up. Located in D/FW(Rockwall).

maddiedou
AG
Here is my question

How does something like this work and I do not mean the machine

I assume you have a net behind you to stop all the balls that have been missed but what about the balls that are actually hit

Seems like alot of netting

I am very interested but only as a play thing for parties that is why I am trying to figure it out
maddiedou
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yes most people that use these have an entire batting cage set up that is enclosed with netting. You can also find the netting for sale used from people after their kids are grown frequently.
Sea Speed
AG
I should set up a batting cage in my shop. Hmmmmm
maddiedou
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

Yes most people that use these have an entire batting cage set up that is enclosed with netting. You can also find the netting for sale used from people after their kids are grown frequently.

Thanks. I dont onownif that is worth setting up every party but I will look onto batting cages/netting
maddiedou
Texker
AG
Bump for reduction from $800 to $750.
VelvetHammer9498
AG
Is it able to be adjusted to pitch softballs?
Texker
AG
Unfortunately it does not. I only used leather baseballs, but you can use the yellow dimpled or foam baseballs.
Texker
AG
Bump for baseball season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.