FS: 2021 Viking 262BHS travel trailer - Denver

2,253 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stamper
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know most here are not in CO, but maybe worth a shot if someone wants to make a quick trip up here!

Barely used, excellent condition bunkhouse travel trailer. We used a total of 8 weekends (less than 2000 miles), and have decided we want something smaller. This bunkhouse has tons of cool features:
Lightweight at 6200lbs empty. I pull with my F150.
32' overall length
2 propane tanks and 2 batteries
Power tongue (smart jack with auto retract and height memory)
Two entries, one is solid step
Ridiculous amount of counter top space (like 6' total length, in addition to the double sink)
Full kitchen package - 7cu ft fridge/freezer, microwave, 3 burner stove and oven, double sink, and outdoor kitchenette (mini fridge, sink and propane grill that uses your tanks)
Tons of storage; under bunks, under front queen bed, front of coach pass through, 4 large cabs in bathroom, 3 cabs for pantry & 3 spaces under dinette
I installed a framed accordion style shower door, so no annoying curtain to deal with and no water on floor.
Bunks have their own wardrobe and drawers for kids' stuff.
Main bed has full walk around capability (front and both sides)
Very cold ducted A/C (15kbtu) and ducted heat with auto thermostat (it will actually turn off if desired temp is reached)
Huge dinette
2 person jackknife sofa which is great for smaller kids to sleep or take a nap.
Outdoor bluetooth speakers
TV in a spot that everyone can actually see while seated (tv mount included, but no TV)
Back up camera prep
Solar prep
USB ports near beds
16' power awning with LED lights

For those local let me know if you want to see it.

There are only 2 of these for sale in CO new. They retail at almost $40k and would likely sell in the low to mid $30s. Get 'just like' new and save roughly $10k.

Asking $27k, negotiable.

Here is a link to several pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f51ensf0ffozdu2/AAAmk385xyR1JsFlRuDdgrXka?dl=0

62strat
AG

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I see you got the Colorado edition. Comes already loaded with refer.
62strat
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I see you got the Colorado edition. Comes already loaded with refer.
lol. Come here to buy it and I can throw some of that in as well
PearlandAg09
AG
PM sent
62strat
AG
Sold.
stamper
AG
Now that you have sold - a little curious why you wanted to go smaller?
62strat
AG
stamper said:

Now that you have sold - a little curious why you wanted to go smaller?
a few reasons;

We got the trailer because we loved the kitchen space, overall storage and bunkhouse area, which were all pretty unique in this class of trailer. The RV lots in sept of 2020 were also completely empty. This trailer was delivered the day we saw it, and we bought it that day. So that had a lot to do with our hasty purchase.

After using it ~10 times, we started to realize how much more space we really had compared to our previously owned popup, and while that space may be required/desirable when our kids are teenagers+, we really didn't need it for the next ~5-7 years since they are still pretty small. The kids ended up liking sleeping on the dinette every night. So we had bunks that weren't really used, and then just realizing how much work to load/unload (even though we kept 80% of the stuff in there all the time), clean, etc it was with almost 30' of living space.

Then the cost;
8mpg (gas was $1 when we bought it, $3.50 now) Shaving off ~10' and ~2000lbs should shave off 15 to 20 cents per mile.
Storage in my region is ~$5/LF, so I'll save upwards of $50/mo since I can't store it at home.
Insurance and registration of course both go down. It all adds up to quite a bit. If we need the space, I'll pay it, but I don't want to pay it now while we don't seem to need it.

We got a really good deal on it new, and the market allowed us to sell at top dollar, so it was a no brainer for us to offload it and get something way smaller for the next 5-7 years, then possibly go bigger at that time.

I pad $23k + tax and another $1000 for hitch/cover, and I sold it plus those 2 items for $24k, so was only really out the sales tax (~$1800), which I'll take any day on a normally highly depreciating asset.

We are actually now considering going a year without camper and just do cabins and/or hotel trips in lieu of a camper trip and see how it compares. Even after I payoff a smaller 20' camper, it's still roughly $200/mo to store, insure and register it (registration does drop off quickly after 4-5 years however)

Sorry a bit longwinded. Selling was not near as hasty a decision as buying it! We went back and forth about a month before deciding to put it on the market.

Pearlandag was my buyer.. he gave me an offer, but our communication just dropped off and not really sure what happened. I eventually starting showing it again, and it went pretty fast.
Sorry Pearland! I'm hoping you had a change of heart and just didn't communicate that to me.
stamper
AG
thanks for the explanation. I just bought one about the size of yours and was getting a little worried. I'm planning to use it mainly at my hunting place and just pull occasionally for now so a bit of a different situation I guess.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.