Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

In light of the recent holocaust, I think what us Ags need...

635 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by HoyaSaxa
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...what we need to make this right in our heads, is a well put together Ol Rock story. If anyone can come up with a good one of how ol Rock would see the sips winning out, be so kind to share. Hopefully, sip fans tempted to reply with some pretentious BS will be too busy slobbin radio's knob.

At least now McGee can knock off the defending national champs next year...silver lining?
WillieMaysHayes
McGee won't win in Austin next year. Teams will be scheming better for the option, and his passing still has a long ways to go.

I think he will be a good player, and he certainly is tough as nails, but his hype is bigger than he deserves at this point in time.
aggiedent
AG
That wasn't hype son..............that was action.
Manchild50
AG
I agree WillieMaysHayes. Our football program has a long ways to go or we will be realistically looking at 6-8 wins.

[This message has been edited by Manchild50 (edited 1/5/2006 9:16p).]
AgRyan04
the word holocaust shouldn't be used when describing sports

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com
Harry Dunne
A holocaust is defined as a massive slaughter.

When capitalized, Holocaust refers specifically to the destruction of Jews and other Europeans by the Nazis and may also encompass the Nazi persecution of Jews that preceded the outbreak of the war. Because of this, figurative usages such as to describe our recent football fate may be viewed as overblown or in poor taste.

That said, just because a word is commonly associated with a tragic event does not mean that it should be eradicated from the English language. I often use the phrase, "I just took a holocaustal dump" and it use is usually met by laughter, unless the audience's sense of humor happens to be substantially more refined than mine.

That's just my opinion...and truly, I just couldn't pass up the chance to say holocaustal dump.
Ornithopter
AG
I'm with AgRyan04. I don't think that the deaths of millions should be trivialized. Just because something is funny doesn't make it right.
Muy
AG
quote:
Teams will be scheming better for the option, and his passing still has a long ways to go.

Are you effing kidding me? He plays in two games against two of the best defenses in the country, and all of a sudden he's not a passer?

Wake up son and put your bitter chip down, McGee is a phenominal passer and will make you eat your words.
Manchild50
AG
McGee will be a good passing QB, he just needs some time to get back in the saddle.
Ag12thman
AG
I think McGee and the rest of the Ags will knock off tu in Austin next year. Just my opinion. As long as Darnell can get us a half-way decent defense we should be fine for most of next season. I think our offense will be very tough to stop for any team that faces them.
notanaggiefan
quote:
I don't think that the deaths of millions should be trivialized

Those associated with this issue are trying to get this event referred to as the Shoah since the word "holocast" has meaning outside the tragedy and horror that took place at the hands of Hitler.
HoyaSaxa
Hey, where did my Aggie Football has been set back 300 years thread? I wasn't serious! I was kidding!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.