Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Braden Atkinson

4,039 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Mat Lanticus
Chris Knight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oregon State QB. How much you think it would take to get him here next year?
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tree fiddy
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go get him and his receiver as a package deal
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…
AozorAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$69.69
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.
Blonde Coffee Beans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoahAg said:

Tree fiddy

That's not even worth a chicken wrap on clearance
90ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any relation to Jason Atkinson.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
boyfriend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ElephantRider said:

Go get him and his receiver as a package deal


I like this idea but yeah the WR is probably the real difference maker.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/FbS/current/individual/455

Bobby Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need to go all-in on LaNorris Sellers once he enters the portal.
npc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobby Jimbo said:

We need to go all-in on LaNorris Sellers once he enters the portal.
I'm all for it, as long as Rich Rod becomes the OC.
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.
No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.
No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.


I don't worry about lagging behind horn in NIL. That applies to every team who has won a national title in NIL era. Which is all of them if you are counting.
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.
No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.


I don't worry about lagging behind horn in NIL. That applies to every team who has won a national title in NIL era. Which is all of them if you are counting.
You can show bravado all you want. I don't believe you.
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
90ags said:

Any relation to Jason Atkinson.

Jasons son was a lb that A&M considered about 10 years ago
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.
No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.


I don't worry about lagging behind horn in NIL. That applies to every team who has won a national title in NIL era. Which is all of them if you are counting.
You can show bravado all you want. I don't believe you.


It's not bravado. None of the money is coming from me (Unless you count a couple football tickets and a Dr.Pepper or two) and I'm not an insider, but I have seen zero evidence money is an issue here. We have a finding the right coach issue. Hopefully Elko solves that problem.
JournoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.

No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.


I don't worry about lagging behind horn in NIL. That applies to every team who has won a national title in NIL era. Which is all of them if you are counting.

You can show bravado all you want. I don't believe you.


It's not bravado. None of the money is coming from me (Unless you count a couple football tickets and a Dr.Pepper or two) and I'm not an insider, but I have seen zero evidence money is an issue here. We have a finding the right coach issue. Hopefully Elko solves that problem.

I suspect a lot of this disagreement depends on who you think we're falling behind. I think we're pretty clearly a top 10 team in terms of resources available to build the roster. The problem is that two of our three permanent opponents might be ahead of us anyway.
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JournoAG said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.

No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.


I don't worry about lagging behind horn in NIL. That applies to every team who has won a national title in NIL era. Which is all of them if you are counting.

You can show bravado all you want. I don't believe you.


It's not bravado. None of the money is coming from me (Unless you count a couple football tickets and a Dr.Pepper or two) and I'm not an insider, but I have seen zero evidence money is an issue here. We have a finding the right coach issue. Hopefully Elko solves that problem.

I suspect a lot of this disagreement depends on who you think we're falling behind. I think we're pretty clearly a top 10 team in terms of resources available to build the roster. The problem is that two of our three permanent opponents might be ahead of us anyway.


Exactly and my point is Curt Cignetti worried about his budget vs the horns or Ohio St. for that matter? I don't think so.
90ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup, but thinking other family members on the tree, cousins' kids, etc....one never knows
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
npc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rootube said:

JournoAG said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

rootube said:

greg.w.h said:

Our donors appear to be pulling back on donations directly to the school which could paralyze PCSA additional funding.

It has teeth on the misuse of "true, external NIL" which could also impact our third party NIL deals.

In all honesty, I'm not sure we have successfully received the intended value from those deals…


So you are saying this is the year rules will get in the way of donors spending money on A&M recruiting. I'm sure the other 150 years are an outlier.

No. I'm suggesting we have always lagged Texas on recruiting and some of it was induced beyond the allowed rules. But the PCSA is designed to return almost every thing to status quo ante and our donors were already falling behind even in the Wild West era.


I don't worry about lagging behind horn in NIL. That applies to every team who has won a national title in NIL era. Which is all of them if you are counting.

You can show bravado all you want. I don't believe you.


It's not bravado. None of the money is coming from me (Unless you count a couple football tickets and a Dr.Pepper or two) and I'm not an insider, but I have seen zero evidence money is an issue here. We have a finding the right coach issue. Hopefully Elko solves that problem.

I suspect a lot of this disagreement depends on who you think we're falling behind. I think we're pretty clearly a top 10 team in terms of resources available to build the roster. The problem is that two of our three permanent opponents might be ahead of us anyway.


Exactly and my point is Curt Cignetti worried about his budget vs the horns or Ohio St. for that matter? I don't think so.
I agree with both of you in this back and forth. A&M has the resources to be near the top of the heap, but I think the lack of on the field success continues to hold the effectiveness of that money back, particularly when behemoths like Bama, Texas, LSU, Georgia, and to a lesser extent OU and Florida are on the schedule every year.

Also, Indiana had a bunch of big money flow into the program with Cignetti, but they used it strategically on defense, a qb, and across the board depth, on top of Cignetti truly being a wizard.

The game has significantly changed now that college sports is outright professional. That said, a uniquely gifted coach can still raise a program from also ran to stakes winner; or in the case of Indiana, broke down and euthanized on the track, to Breeders Cup Classic champion. It isn't an either or.

I happen to be of the camp that the A&M's of the world should cycle through high ceiling, low floor coach options on "cheap" contracts. It's possibly a disastrous strategy for numerous seasons, may result in bottoming out, but it's shooting your mfer'ing shot. You break into the upper tier, and subsequently capture more sustaining momentum, by winning big and changing culture and perception. Despite the money and glam, no one paying attention considers A&M a big time player, until A&M does something with that money and glam.

Additionally, we're no longer of an era you need to promise momma your coach will be with their baby for four or five years. American capitalism and legalese has decided to make college sports professional in the same way just about any of us could leave our jobs (yes, with some pro forma caveats) for a better offer. It that world, chase the flavor of the month until that flavor shows staying power.

I was a fan of the Elko hire. I regret that support. He's a staid and steady hand, but until you have self sustaining momentum I don't think that's how the also rans become champions. You need a disrupter who can become a staid and steady hand
Mat Lanticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.