Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any team going undefeated in the SEC this year?

1,852 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Demo_Slug
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I say maybe Georgia.

We will see how Mississippi State keeps playing. I think the rest will get at least one or two losses or more.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
DTX_12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Georgia and tu easily could
He is Ass My Dude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gators look better than Manning and burnt.
Bobby Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Florida maybe?
83Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Georgia or UFL. Everyone else will have an L (s)
Bogey1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure if Arch and the texas offense is good enough, but their D definitely looks NC caliber.
GAP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas
BlueSmoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lol. Texas has their own problems. The OL is a mess, inconsistent run game, and downfield plays that take so long to develop the pocket collapses. They are also giving up a ton of penalties.

OSU wilted in the heat and TN had a freshman QB. Both GA and FL will feast.
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, but I know one that might go "all defeated" though.
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DTX_12 said:

Georgia and tu easily could


If they both do, sippy would have to play their "daddy" again?
AGDAD14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Bama has the best chance based on remaining schedule. Georgia has a better defense than tu and Fl. I believe tu and Fl could easily lose one along the way.

Bama (plays Ga)
Ga (plays at Bama and Fl)
tu (plays Fl)
Fl (plays Ga and at tu)
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DTX_12 said:

Georgia and tu easily could

Don't see tu going undefeated.

But they have been lucky that two teams collapsed on them
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
aginresearch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Alabama has the best chance of going undefeated because they play Georgia at home this Saturday. Their toughest remaining games are road games at Tennessee and LSU. I think Alabama will finish 11-1 (8-1 SEC) with a road loss at LSU, but I won't be surprised if they finish 12-0 (9-0 SEC).

Besides a road game at Alabama this Saturday, Georgia has tough games against Florida (neutral site) on 10/31 and Ole Miss (away) on 11/7. I think Georgia will finish 11-1 (8-1 SEC) with a road loss to Alabama.

Texas plays 3 consecutive SEC home games against Florida, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State, but they play 2 consecutive road games at Missouri and LSU. I think Texas will finish 10-2 (7-2 SEC) with road losses to Missouri and LSU.

So, the SEC Championship Game is likely to feature Alabama vs Georgia for the 2nd straight year and 6th time overall.
TAMU74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No.
No one will.
However, if I were to put money on any team doing that it would be Georgia.
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAMU74 said:

No.
No one will.
However, if I were to put money on any team doing that it would be Georgia.

I agree that it is unlikely that any SEC team will finish 12-0 (9-0 SEC), but I think Alabama has the best chance of going undefeated because they are playing Georgia at home this Saturday.
WhataMaroon88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty much only the Bama/Georgia winner has a shot.

On the flip side, OU will struggle to be bowl eligible and it might come down to our game with them on who can get to 6 wins. They would likely be even angrier than us at being 5-7 or worse.
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man I dunno . 5-7 here would be fugly.
A. G. Pennypacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Georgia gets past Alabama this weekend, I don't see them losing a regular season game.

tu's schedule the rest of the way is still pretty tough - after Oklahoma they play 5 games against teams that are currently ranked - Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, Missouri and LSU.
Demo_Slug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we go under defeated this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.