Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Keep flying under the radar

1,936 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 94chem
agspirit_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love this. We are hosting number 8 LSU on Saturday, slight favorites according to ESPN analytics and betting markets (we're giving 2.5 according to ESPN Bets), yet where is College Game day going? Indiana!! Where is SEC nation going? To the Missouri bama game!! Which is the only SEC game that didn't get a breakdown on Josh Pate's Sunday show? Us vs MSST!!

I love that there's not an ounce of rat poison from the national media. Keep talking about Georgia, t.u. Bama, UT! Meanwhile we're sitting on top of the SEC and about to play what I think will determine who actually wins the SEC this year!

The Ags have always done best when they are quietly winning. LFG
94chem
The less anybody talks about this team, the better. They could still finish 7-5. They are just flirting with a little success, and haven't done anything yet.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AgLA06
AG
Not very smart.

Perception and the accompanying rankings matter. All the same people that are saying this now will be crying when the final playoff pairings get released.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Being ranked in October is worthless.It's only a popularity contest. Just keep winning and make the playoffs. I hope the media continues to ignore us.
We can't take another four years of this-Tim Walz Caniddate for VP of the United States of America
83Aggie
AG
We always play much better when we are not on the radar. There are 12 spots this year. If we can't get one of those spots, then we simply don't deserve the ranking whatever it may be.

Beat LSU, and take care of business in Carolina. That may be our toughest remaining game.
NoahAg
TexAgs gets worked up by the weirdest things.
agspirit_09
AG
AgLA06 said:

Not very smart.

Perception and the accompanying rankings matter. All the same people that are saying this now will be crying when the final playoff pairings get released.

Wait, let me get this straight… you'd rather be the media darling with all the pressure on you to preform than fly under the radar for as long as possible? I'm not talking about a playoff spot, I'm talking about the teams performance
Ugly
AG
This is the point in the season when media would have been all over us in past years. I am almost convinced now that someone in our previous teams was leaking information to the media in exchange for positive stories, while someone on our current team is leaking information in exchanged for media silence.
greg.w.h
AG
Media exposure doesn't have that great or Texas and Notre Dame would each have a sackful of NCs…
Kraft Punk
Gameday & sec nation both already came here

We're the marquee Saturday night game

We're not flying under the radar at all

lol @ some of yall
Farmer_J

That's fine, but we've should've come up a few spots this week. That way, when we beat LSU next week there's not so much of a jump.

AgLA06
AG
agspirit_09 said:

AgLA06 said:

Not very smart.

Wait, let me get this straight… you'd rather be the media darling with all the pressure on you to preform than fly under the radar for as long as possible? I'm not talking about a playoff spot, I'm talking about the teams performance

Absolutely. I'd rather be ranked as high as possible to get the tu minimal ranking drop if we happen to lose.
cecil77
AG
AgLA06 said:

Not very smart.

Not at the end of the season. If you need "perception" then, you've failed.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Agree completely with OP.

Now...if we take care of business Saturday night...

We will no longer be "under the radar".

That's when we will have to be careful with a couple of tricky road trips coming up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These posts are always so weird. And slightly cringe.

But I just hope that the crowd is fired up, and the team comes out ready to put a smackdown on LSU and prove themselves to the entire nation.
aggiedaddie
winning matters and beating all the teams on your schedule, especially ranked ones. It's a good year to be quietly winning.
spacemanspiff
You like flying under the radar because its less painful when we lose to LSU and t.u.
AggieArchitect04
AG
AgLA06 said:

Not very smart.

Rankings are irrelevant if we win the conference.
Bobaloo
Doesn't bother me. In terms of importance for a conference race, this is our biggest game since 98 Nebraska or 2010 Nebraska. Huge game!
Maroon Flash
AG
Biggest game of the 21st century for us.
Maroon Flash
94chem
AgLA06 said:

Not very smart.

Beat LSU and we're in the top 12. Lose and we're not. No conspiracies. No perception. No whining. Just truth. Honestly, that post is hot garbage.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.