Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The sec hands down it's punishment for Texas

7,900 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Shoefly!
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
45-70Ag
AG
" Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects onto the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events for the remainder of the 2024-25 academic and athletic year;"
_mpaul
AG
45-70Ag said:

"Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects onto the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events for the remainder of the 2024-25 academic and athletic year;"
That's pretty good, I think, although hard to make sure tu follows through on that obligation. I want an affidavit from a sip representive.
In reply to
AG
They should be banned for a few years for throwing things onto the field IMO, but at least they're facing some sort of punishment. Identifying the individuals responsible shouldn't be too hard.
mortal
AG
Pretty sure any video evidence just "disappeared." And all of the sudden, all security personnel and ushers have brain fog.
The Hefty Lefty
AG
45-70Ag said:

"All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events

I hope that includes Matt Loeffler and his officiating crew.
45-70Ag
AG
And his sip son
TexasAggiesWin
S
Jethro from Elgin won't be attending any other sip athletic functions this school year anyway, so does this punishment really do anything?
Ginormus Ag
AG
This is less effective than a sternly written letter. I guarantee tu dgaf. They should fine tu $500k and ban them from the post season.
In reply to
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Jethro from Elgin won't be attending any other sip athletic functions this school year anyway, so does this punishment really do anything?

Most of them would have hopped off the bandwagon after the loss anyways.
rab79
AG
As minimal as they could make it.
spherical
AG
Daggum- and I was looking forward to a couple more days of the zoo complaining the SEC won't do anything because it's run by the texas AD now
highlonesomeaggie
AG
What was Tennessee's punishment for lobbing mustard bottles at Lane Kiffen?
spherical
AG
Identical.

Not sure how they follow through in the banning of the fans part… but the no alcohol sales if they don't meet satisfy that requirement are pretty good motivator? How much revenue would that cost them?
45-70Ag
AG
The same as what Texas got.
spherical
AG
rab79 said:

It's pre-written by laws… to do anything else they'd have to justify it was worse than what the by law calls out…
rab79
AG
spherical said:

rab79 said:

It's pre-written by laws… to do anything else they'd have to justify it was worse than what the by law calls out…

I see you didn't read the release, alcohol sales were on the table but were not pulled "at this time".
spherical
AG
rab79 said:

spherical said:

rab79 said:

I see you didn't read the release, alcohol sales were on the table but were not pulled "at this time".

Hah I was in the middle of editing when you responded. I read it as on the table only if the terms of the penalty aren't met.
HJack20
AG
"interrupting the competitive opportunity for both teams and endangering contest participants"

Seemed to boost Texas' competitive opportunity; the refs reversed the call lol
Ol Rock
AG
Looking forward to SEC Shorts tomorrow.
AtticusMatlock
Was that the student section? Should be pretty easy to cross reference ticket locations and identify individuals.
spherical
AG
I'd like to know if there is an escalation of the file like storming the field…
rab79
AG
I thought this was pretty clear.

The actions taken by the Conference are consistent with SEC Bylaws and Commissioner's Regulations related to the availability of alcoholic beverages at athletics events which states, "If cans or plastic bottles are used as projectiles or otherwise cause game management issues, the institution is subject to an immediate fine and suspension of the alcohol sales privilege."
spherical
AG
rab79 said:

I thought this was pretty clear.

The actions taken by the Conference are consistent with SEC Bylaws and Commissioner's Regulations related to the availability of alcoholic beverages at athletics events which states, "If cans or plastic bottles are used as projectiles or otherwise cause game management issues, the institution is subject to an immediate fine and suspension of the alcohol sales privilege."

You're right
Luke The Drifter
AG
Dang, bunch of Texas State students and grads might get banned from Longhorn games.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
TyperWoods
tu won't be able to identify anyone. But if they do, they won't be able to identify them when they come back to the games.

The fine is ok, but tu dgaf
Aggie_buster
AG
The Hefty Lefty said:

45-70Ag said:

"All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events

I hope that includes Matt Loeffler and his officiating crew.

This. Definitely banned from reffing anymore tu games.
Aggie Dad 26
They better not ban Conway Twitty t.u guy
Not Coach Jimbo
Yall are so gullible... This is why the sips walk all over us.

tu won't "be able to ifentify" anyone and this will fade to nothing.
TXAG 05
AG
They were also fined $250k.
Cliff.Booth
Proposed more just punishment:

Bevo must be slaughtered and processed, then BBQed and served at a dinner for Coach Smart plus 10 guests of his choosing. An apology letter must be written by Coach Sark and read in person at the dinner by Matthew McConaughey. Only UT fans with transcript proof of at least four semesters studying at UT main campus are allowed to attend games for a period of five football seasons.
northeastag
AG
Yawn.
spherical
AG
Not Coach Jimbo said:

Yall are so gullible... This is why the sips walk all over us.

tu won't "be able to ifentify" anyone and this will fade to nothing.
Then we will find out if the SEC follows through on the alcohol ban
MEEN Ag 05
AG
Punishment?? More like doing them a favor. It's a punishment like having to go to rehab is a punishment. Maybe those identified will take this as a wake up call, get off the burnt orange sause, and straighten out their lives. It's a long road ahead, but they will be better off for it in the long run - I wish them luck on their journey.
Logos Stick
No official who lives in the state of Texas should be allowed to officiate games involving the sips.

Alberts better make sure of it when we play them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.