Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Utah Picks Successor to Kyle Whittingham

3,028 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by UTExan
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2024/07/01/utes-have-their-next-football/

" Whenever Kyle Whittingham decides to retire, the University of Utah has its next football coach picked out."

"Utah announced defensive coordinator Morgan Scalley as the successor to head coach Kyle Whittingham on Monday morning."

"Utah Football and Utah Athletics have always been home to me and my family, and I am honored to receive this distinction," Scalley said. "... I remain committed to my continued growth as a coach and person, and as a member of the amazing University of Utah community. Our staff is excited to start a new era of Utah Football in the Big 12 this fall under Coach Whittingham and to continue the traditions that have become a part of our proud history."

" Despite Scalley's announcement, Utah's head coach is under contract with the Utes until 2027, where he would earn a base salary of $6.5 million. Whittingham is also guaranteed the right to become a "special assistant to the athletics director" when he decides to retire.

That position would be part of a five-year agreement that will pay $995,000 for each year.

"Morgan Scalley is an exceptional football coach and his naming as the head coach in waiting at the University of Utah is a testament to that," Whittingham"
///

Probably a smart move since Scalley has been mentioned as a possible HC at several places.

It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
rootube
AG
I wonder if this new coach in waiting title has any racial slur guarantees?

This is not the first time Scalley has been named the Utes' coach in waiting. Scalley had the title stripped from him when he was suspended from the program in 2020 after a text message surfaced of him using a racial slur in 2013.
UTExan
I think the stupid tweet from 11 years ago controversy has been put to bed, at least as far as the school is concerned. If they had concerns he would hurt the program, he would have been gone ages ago.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TXAGBQ76
AG
First I heard of this. So you're saying it never happened?
CrottyKid
AG
This worked great for t.u. and Muschump.
UTExan
TXAGBQ76 said:

First I heard of this. So you're saying it never happened?

It happened all right. There was some back and forth with a recruit and Scalley apparently crossed over into the "white guys cannot say that even if black guys can say it" territory.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Got it. However, we've learned over the last two years or so, if you've ever done something wrong you are banned for life, your statue is torn down, people protest in your front yard, etc.
Al Bula
AG
pacmanj
AG
Can this be reposted on the "Stuff Aggies Don't Care About" board
UTExan
pacmanj said:

Can this be reposted on the "Stuff Aggies Don't Care About" board

I posted it here because at one time A&M was very interested in both Whittingham and Scalley.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.