Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field the #1 Toughest Place to Play in new College Football Video Game

5,665 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by C2 Ag 93
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
College Football 25 Rankings Week Showcase - EA SPORTS

Did not expect this
Ags2013
AG
I can't wait to play this game
Alex Delarge
AG
DKR too high
TxAg82
AG
Alex Delarge said:

DKR too high

This thread has nothing to do with DKR.
jeff1971
AG
If the fans had control over the game's outcome, the football team would be undefeated every year. Unfortunately what really counts is coaches who prepare the teams properly and that hasn't worked out well in the last 20 years, with a few exceptions.
Bill Superman
AG
Alex Delarge said:

DKR too high
Hey at least they didn't shoehorn sip stadium in there.

This actually might be one of the more accurate lists I've seen when it comes to toughest stadiums to play at.
Alex Delarge
AG
Sorry bud. Was merely commenting on the list that the post is about.
NoahAg
jeff1971 said:

If the fans had control over the game's outcome, the football team would be undefeated every year. Unfortunately what really counts is coaches who prepare the teams properly and that hasn't worked out well in the last 20 years, with a few exceptions.
Meh, we haven't really had a home field advantage since the 2010 Nebraska game.
AggieDub04
AG
If you compare to how crap we were in the road under Jimbo it's obvious our home field advantage is massive.
Middleto
I've been to 13 of those top 25. Anybody beat that record??.....
TAMUallen
AG
*Rankings are subject to change in future updates.

They are doing a great job at marketing
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Alex Delarge said:

DKR too high

They are below Rice.

The Rice in Utah.
Aggie Dad 26
Sumlin has not lost control of video games
Ag Tag
LOL: Fans Outraged By Clear Snub In EA Sports' CFB 25 Toughest Places To Play Rankings (msn.com)
Aggie Dad 26
Ag Tag said:

LOL: Fans Outraged By Clear Snub In EA Sports' CFB 25 Toughest Places To Play Rankings (msn.com)

Bryant-Denny has been the toughest place to play but it's never been about their fans or stadium
TAMUallen
AG
I'd like to take pride in being number one but I doubt we stay there after they do their updated rankings. Somebody with a brain at EA knows there's a TON of Aggies and they are very proud of Kyle Field. Great move to open us at number 1 because it grabs Aggies and gets lots of attention from other fanbases who are mad at the rankings. Then, they update the rankings to make them feel better and get even more free advertising and renewed interest in the game
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Under Kevin Sumlin, we did not have home field advantage in SEC games. In fact, Sumlin went 8-14 (0.364) in SEC home games. Even worse, he went a putrid 3-12 (0.200) in home games against SEC West teams, including a 7-game losing streak at the end of his tenure.

Under Jimbo Fisher, we have had a great home field advantage. Jimbo Fisher went 16-6 (0.727) in SEC home games, including 10-5 (0.667) against SEC West teams. However, Jimbo Fisher went 7-14 (0.333) in true SEC road games. Also, he ended his tenure with 9 consecutive road losses, including 8 consecutive SEC road losses. Even worse, he went a putrid 3-11 (0.214) in road games against SEC West teams, including a 6-game losing streak at the end of his tenure. In contrast, Kevin Sumlin went 13-9 (0.591) in true SEC road games, including 9-8 (0.529) against SEC West teams.

Hopefully, Mike Elko can maintain Jimbo's success in home SEC games and Sumlin's success in road SEC games and surpass both in some years. If he can do that, he will win 10+ games in most years.

Meximan
Quote:

Hopefully, Mike Elko can maintain Jimbo's success in home SEC games and Sumlin's success in road SEC games and surpass both in some years. If he can do that, he will win 10+ games in most years.

I would rather replicate the home field record of the late 90s
The Banned
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Under Kevin Sumlin, we did not have home field advantage in SEC games. In fact, Sumlin went 8-14 (0.364) in SEC home games. Even worse, he went a putrid 3-12 (0.200) in home games against SEC West teams, including a 7-game losing streak at the end of his tenure.

Under Jimbo Fisher, we have had a great home field advantage. Jimbo Fisher went 16-6 (0.727) in SEC home games, including 10-5 (0.667) against SEC West teams. However, Jimbo Fisher went 7-14 (0.333) in true SEC road games. Also, he ended his tenure with 9 consecutive road losses, including 8 consecutive SEC road losses. Even worse, he went a putrid 3-11 (0.214) in road games against SEC West teams, including a 6-game losing streak at the end of his tenure. In contrast, Kevin Sumlin went 13-9 (0.591) in true SEC road games, including 9-8 (0.529) against SEC West teams.

ChatGPT
Ags2013
AG
Connor is going to throw for 96 TDs against tu when I get this game
AggieMD95
AG
If you beat bama w Calzada at qb I can see the ea calculus on this
Divining Rod
In real life, Kyle Field has lost way much of its advantage. The reason is the affluency level of the fans.

I'm an old, and I commend the student 12th Man on the job they do, but we have about 2/3 of the stadium made up of people who sit on their hands for 85% of the game, and it has the atmosphere of an NBA game, minus the inside energy. It's just an entertainment akin to watching a movie at a theatre. Not much participation.

Again, not talking about the students- y'all still bring it.
AtticusMatlock
I agree. If the rest of the crowd mimicked the participation rate that the donors/former students show at other SEC schools it would be so much louder.
dixichkn
AG
Yup. I got some lower bowl tickets in the north end zone a couple years ago (as opposed to my normal lolpoor tickets up in the clouds) and I was, frankly, embarrassed. It was like a damn country club social. Nobody interested in participating in yells, getting loud on defense, anything. Spent the whole game socializing and BSing with each other and stuffing their pieholes with grossly overpriced grub. Made me sad bc I remember the old Wrecking Crew days when even the old blue hairs on the west side were BRINGING it. When we went to Knoxville last fall……I hate to tell you this but they blew away Kyle Field. The Bama game in '21 was the only time in the last few years was the only time I really felt the power of the 12th Man. And what happened that night?
45-70Ag
AG
The effort to turn games at Kyle into choreographed corporate events has been a death blow to what made Kyle an amazing place to play and watch a game during 80's and 90's.
jrf1twd
AG
Our fan base is passionate, but not rabid or mean enough to match LSU on a game to game basis.

Our average teeth count is higher though.
Brother Shamus
Toughest place to play? People beat us all the time at home.
Bill Superman
AG
Divining Rod said:

In real life, Kyle Field has lost way much of its advantage. The reason is the affluency level of the fans.

I'm an old, and I commend the student 12th Man on the job they do, but we have about 2/3 of the stadium made up of people who sit on their hands for 85% of the game, and it has the atmosphere of an NBA game, minus the inside energy. It's just an entertainment akin to watching a movie at a theatre. Not much participation.

Again, not talking about the students- y'all still bring it.
Yeah too many former students can shout at their tv and complain loud on here but when they make game day they can't be bothered, it's all chicken wraps iphones light beers and low t. Make some damn noise or sell your ticket, y'all are the reason.the DJ has be so damn loud.
A is A
AG
Brother Shamus said:

Toughest place to play? People beat us all the time at home.

They didn't specify for whom. It's the toughest place to play for the Ags
dixichkn
AG
jrf1twd said:

Our fan base is passionate, but not rabid or mean enough to match LSU on a game to game basis.

Our average teeth count is higher though.
That's an awfully low bar to clear
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
lets ask appalachian state how hard it was. This is a relic of the 90s. That stadium doesnt even exist anymore.
Aggie Dad 26
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

lets ask appalachian state how hard it was. This is a relic of the 90s. That stadium doesnt even exist anymore.

Or we could ask the 2021 Alabama offense
C2 Ag 93
While of course I'm happy with any flattering takes on us, I don't think it has been true recently, sadly.

I'd love to see an actual ranking determined solely by the polling of coaches and players (where they cannot pick their own school).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.