Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Riley Leonard vs Elko, Notre Dame Week 1

4,342 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TX_Aggie37
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who benefits more from Riley Leonard being at Notre Dame in the week 1 matchup?

Elko, since he knows his former QB1's tendencies?

or Leonard, since he knows a lot of Elko's and his former Duke staff's tendencies?
Matsui
W
AG
depends on how hot the weather will be
VP at Pierce and Pierce
While we are breaking in a new scheme on both sides, we do return a lot of experience and a lot of these guys have played together. Notre Dame is breaking in a lot of new guys either from the portal or guys that are taking over for departed starters. I think ND will be pretty good this season, I am glad we get them early as I believe our experience and home field advantage will help us. First game for a new QB with a new OL and lots of new weapons for ND.
LoneStarAg17
AG
Advantage Elko by a mile.

RL may know the schemes Elko used, but that was with the personnel they had at Duke. A lot of time you have to scheme and call plays based on the guys that you have. Elko is taking his system, and blending it with our guys. I guarantee you there will be new wrinkles in both style of play, and play calling (gameday play calling not Elko anymore either).

And then, Elko had RL as his QB for two seasons. Was in the room, if not openly consulted with the OC on how to use him, knew his strengths and weaknesses each weak. With all of that information at his disposal, Elko should definitely have the upper hand from their time together.
Ugly
AG
I wonder how many Notre Dame guys are still around from Elko's time there. Might even be some players, since that was only six years ago.
NewEra2023
AG
LoneStarAg17 said:

play calling (gameday play calling not Elko anymore either).

This will be why we lose. Is my prediction.
Come Out Roll
AG
It'll be around 100 DEG….is why we win vs ND….
Bryanisbest
AG
NewEra2023 said:

LoneStarAg17 said:

play calling (gameday play calling not Elko anymore either).

This will be why we lose. Is my prediction.

Game day play calling will be by Elko, directly or indirectly.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Don't forget, Notre Dame will be breaking in a new scheme on offense as well with Matt Denbrock coming in as OC.
The Lost
Neither, both have more talent around them then they ever did at duke.
fightinag
Russ Dalrymple said:

Don't forget, Notre Dame will be breaking in a new scheme on offense as well with Matt Denbrock coming in as OC.
and the Aggies will be breaking in EVERYONE !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
TX_Aggie37
AG
I don't think the relationship provides advantages one way or another. Leonard is just a cog in ND's offensive scheme. He will likely give the OC a few tidbits about various looks from Elko's defense, but Elko is smart enough to know that.

Elko knows what Leonard is good at and what he may struggle with, but that doesn't mean Leonard won't be a different QB after working with ND staff.

Should be a great test to start the season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.