Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

UGA v Crybabies

5,909 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by tandy miller
welborn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Truth is, opt outs and transfers be damned, FSU got it handed to them by a team that gave a damn to make a statement to likely be the #2 team preseason in the country. FSU can tout all day they were hamstrung due to transfers and opt outs. Yall were good enough to file a lawsuit, be good enough to take that embarrassment too. Ya got ya ass whooped & I don't care who did or didn't play. Be three deep if that's a problem.
Onionman
Can you imagine if that happened in a championship game and the other team had all their starters playing?

Oh wait...
AggieOO
Do you feel better now?
Randy Rhodes
Alabama and Georgia are the two best teams in College football right now
JohnLA762
AG
Georgia said "Hey CFP committee!"

Ags77
AG
This game, or should I say this beatdown, has nothing to do with Florida States case for the playoffs.

This team wasn't representative of their seasons accomplishments, just as the team we put on the field in Houston wasn't our true team. It's the world we are living in . Portal, opt outs for the draft etc...

A case can be made for them deserving a spot in the playoffs and a case prevailed that they weren't deserving. This game today has nothing to do with either case.
Gigem
welborn
AggieOO said:

Do you feel better now?

Of course. They cried for nearly three weeks, didn't show up, had defectors that cared less and got their ass beat by the second best team in the country in a bowl that meant nothing. Yea, I feel bleeping great to see whiners lose when they don't get their way because they're feeling entitled.
DallasAg 94
If I were a voter... I'd leave FSU off the entire ballot.
JohnLA762
AG
FSU was the easy pick, but the committee decided to go the complicated route. They should have put Georgia in, but instead they went with TESSUS…

welborn
Hell, I'll give you this that disagree: all FSU starters injured or not are eligible tonight. UGA by 30 instead of 60 still.
Chef Elko
AG
FSU doesn't have to dance for the puppet masters
Onionman
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
2-time defending national champion and SEC East champion Georgia dominated ACC Champion Florida State from start to finish to finish 13-1 (8-0 SEC). As a result, Georgia snapped Florida State's 19-game winning streak and dropped Florida State to 13-1. I noticed several other trends.

1. Since a 44-28 loss to Florida on 11/7/2020, Georgia has won 46 of their last 48 games. Their only 2 losses in that span were to Alabama in the 2021 and 2023 SEC Championship Games.

2. For the 3rd straight year, Georgia finished 13-1 or better, and they went 42-2 over these 3 years.

3, Georgia broke their own record for largest margin of bowl victory and outscored their opponents 128-10 in their last 2 postseason games.

4. Georgia has won 7 straight postseason games.

5. Kirby Smart has improved to 8-2 in postseason games.

6. After Mike Norvell started 8-13 in his first 21 games, he has gone a remarkable 23-4 since.
The Porkchop Express
Georgia's last two seasons have ended with 65-7 and 63-3 wins.
Sarge 77
Crybabies. They were 13-0 in the regular season. They should have been 3rd.

How bad would your t-sips would have been crying if they would have been left out because they got left out and Bama would have been 4th?
Ag Tag
FSU lost by 60 points. If they'd had no opt-outs, they'd have lost by what, 40 points? Maybe by 35 points?
murphyag
AG
welborn said:

Truth is, opt outs and transfers be damned, FSU got it handed to them by a team that gave a damn to make a statement to likely be the #2 team preseason in the country. FSU can tout all day they were hamstrung due to transfers and opt outs. Yall were good enough to file a lawsuit, be good enough to take that embarrassment too. Ya got ya ass whooped & I don't care who did or didn't play. Be three deep if that's a problem.
Shut up, sip. Who cares what you think.
LB12Diamond
AG
welborn said:

Hell, I'll give you this that disagree: all FSU starters injured or not are eligible tonight. UGA by 30 instead of 60 still.

Your argument is flawed.

Georgia would beat Michigan, Washington and Texas just as bad in similar situation.
91AggieLawyer
AG
LB12Diamond said:

welborn said:

Your argument is flawed.

Georgia would beat Michigan, Washington and Texas just as bad in similar situation.

While this is true, the reason UGa isn't in the playoffs is because they were, at the absolute best, the 4th team in 4 team "playoff." Over the previous 20 years or more when I've been screaming for a real playoff of 16 teams, many on this board actually said, "no, 4 is sufficient." It has only been the last 3 or 4 years where the tide (pardon the pun) has changed and the majority have come to their senses -- albeit with what's come to pass (i.e. 12 teams).

We never should have gone all these years with only 4 teams. Hell, we shouldn't have gone as long as we did with that awful BCS. We did because people accepted it.
TXAG 05
AG
12 is too many teams. If Georgia wanted to be in the playoffs, they should have beat Bama.

The "awful" BCS? It got it right just about every time.
LB12Diamond
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

LB12Diamond said:

welborn said:

Your argument is flawed.

While this is true, the reason UGa isn't in the playoffs is because they were, at the absolute best, the 4th team in 4 team "playoff." Over the previous 20 years or more when I've been screaming for a real playoff of 16 teams, many on this board actually said, "no, 4 is sufficient." It has only been the last 3 or 4 years where the tide (pardon the pun) has changed and the majority have come to their senses -- albeit with what's come to pass (i.e. 12 teams).

We never should have gone all these years with only 4 teams. Hell, we shouldn't have gone as long as we did with that awful BCS. We did because people accepted it.

Not arguing the number of playoff teams at all. Myself I'm for a 16 team playoff but that's for another thread to discuss.

I'm stating his entire point of FSU being destroyed justifies the playoff committee leaving them out. And that's a horrible take.

As I already pointed out. The other 3 non SEC teams, if they played Georgia yesterday and had the same number of starters opt out, all of them would have also been destroyed.

Washington and FSU had earned their way in.

Texas won one game and got in.

Michigan did not beat any real teams all year and got in. The Big 10 is total garbage. Them being the one seed is the biggest joke of all but Big 10 media bias wins the day of course.
SECTAMU#1
Florida State University vowed revenge after being left out of the four-team College Football Playoff despite an undefeated 13-0 record.

But on Saturday at the Orange Bowl, Florida State faced a historic defeat by No. 6 Georgia, falling behind 42-3 at halftime, and lost by a final score of 63-3.

The 60-point margin of victory is the largest ever in a bowl game, breaking Georgia's record from last year when the Bulldogs defeated TCU 65-7.
B-1 83
AG
One would think FSU players would have shown up to make a statement. $ > butthurt, I guess.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Maroon Dawn
AG
In other news, FSU has withdrawn its application to join the SEC
Maroon Dawn
AG
But I do agree 12 is too many Top 8 includes anyone with an actual
Legitimate argument plus a few wild cards for Cinderella potential
NorthTexasAg22
AG
FSU got that TCU Treatment from Georgia.
Faustus
LB12Diamond said:

welborn said:

Your argument is flawed.

A Sugar Bowl where they were disappointed to not make the playoffs and didn't care to be there? Because conventional wisdom was Texas' win a few years ago against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl didn't count in a similar situation.

As it turns out they can still stomp a team even if they don't make the playoffs.
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Guess no one read today's statement by Kirby Smart, that he believed they played an FSU team that was nothing like the FSU team all season prior to the bowl.

"People need to see what happened tonight, and they need to fix this," Georgia head coach Kirby Smart said.

I think he's right. It all goes back to allowing sit-outs, transfers, etc. prior to bowl games. If you've played for a team the whole year, then you should be forced to play any post-season games as well. This is why, when we sign a player and give them a scholarship, the scholarship should be based on playing all season and post-season games. If they don't play, they lose their entire prior (all years) scholarship AND have to repay all scholarship funds paid to them.

So, FSU shouldn't be complaining since they allowed the players to sit-out with no scholarship consequences.

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Aggie Dad Sip
murphyag said:

welborn said:

Shut up, sip. Who cares what you think.

Obviously you do. Human nature dictates you don't respond to something you don't care about.
rootube
AG
Ags77 said:

This game, or should I say this beatdown, has nothing to do with Florida States case for the playoffs.

This team wasn't representative of their seasons accomplishments, just as the team we put on the field in Houston wasn't our true team. It's the world we are living in . Portal, opt outs for the draft etc...

A case can be made for them deserving a spot in the playoffs and a case prevailed that they weren't deserving. This game today has nothing to do with either case.

This is a nice sentiment but the game absolutely means something. If Bama wins the title (not a sure thing) it's impossible to say the best two teams this year aren't Bama and UGA.
cmac94
AG
Ags77 said:

This is really well said.
cmac94
AG
rootube said:

Ags77 said:

This is a nice sentiment but the game absolutely means something. If Bama wins the title (not a sure thing) it's impossible to say the best two teams this year aren't Bama and UGA.

He didn'tsay the game didn't mean anything….he said their performance wasn't representative of their accomplishment on the year.
Agmaniacmike12
The 4 best teams in the country going into championship weekend were UGA, Mich, UW, and FSU. You finish the regular season undefeated, a close conf champ loss to a respected program should not leave you out when other teams got to beat up on 3 loss teams in their conf championship.

I think this game underscored how strong of a program UGA has, rather than an affirmation that FSU didn't belong in the playoff.

The truth is, there were 7 teams worthy of the playoff, I personally thought UGA and FSU were the 2 that should have been in of the non-UM/UW teams.
cmac94
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

If I were a voter... I'd leave FSU off the entire ballot.

Why? That seems ridiculous.
cmac94
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

The 4 best teams in the country going into championship weekend were UGA, Mich, UW, and FSU. You finish the regular season undefeated, a close conf champ loss to a respected
program should not leave you out when other teams got to beat up on 3 loss teams in their conf championship.

I think this game underscored how strong of a program UGA has, rather than an affirmation that FSU didn't belong in the playoff.

The truth is, there were 7 teams worthy of the playoff, I personally thought UGA and FSU were the 2 that should have been in of the non-UM/UW teams.

I agree
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.