Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Elko's press conference was good...

6,574 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by murphyag
90ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just watched it live....he's definitely the right choice on many levels!!

Good insight (a little more than Coach speak) and think right mindset on many levels.

Guess Texags will eventually post it as I didn't see a way to do that while happening.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
AG
So you're saying he didn't just say...

" Length, speed, size, physicality. Athletic. Just an outstanding player. Will be a big contributor. Really looking forward to having him here"

... And repeat it at warp speed 25 times??
The Lost
Winning press conferences since 1939!
aTm2004
AG
aTm2004
AG
The Lost said:

I think the biggest thing is it's nice to have a coach that gives direct answers rather than typical coach speak that Jimbo, Sumlin, and Sherman gave. Pretty sure you could have your wife listen to the press conference and she can tell you what's going on.
cs69ag
AG
Sounded like we will have a DC announcement soon!
fieldtrailer
AG
I appreciate all his efforts. He's in a tough situation. Sucks that we let it get to this in the 1st place. He's doing the best he can.
chick79
AG
I'm being cautiously optimistic for the 50th year in a row now.
greg.w.h
AG
He's capable of expressing complete thoughts like an Ivy grad should be able to do. He sounds authentic and believable. But trying to judge him or build hope based on what he said is premature. Let's get some games played next fall and be supportive and figure out what the actual story is then.

I'm weary of overloading our coaches with just ridiculous expectations and then threatening them with firing if after a year or two they don't win an NC. Or even six. That's just not how it works with most schools. Some maybe...but not most.
Off_The_Wood
AG
You can tell Elko is pretty intelligent. Not going to bash previous staff, but it's refreshing listening to him speak analytically and string thoughtful comments together.
Gidnik
There is a lot of really good high school football players in texas and only 3 of them signed today with texas a&m. that should be scary to the brass at a&m
Bill Superman
AG
Please tell me it's not Santucci.
OrygunAg
AG
Bill Superman said:

He mentioned 48 hours, there is a bowl game, would that be someone at Syracuse or usf like Todd Orlando or Rocky Long?
LB12Diamond
AG
The Lost said:

If this is your type of response. I'm not sure why you are on a football Aggie forum. Very interesting
WC94
AG
4 said:

So you're saying he didn't just say...

" Length, speed, size, physicality. Athletic. Just an outstanding player. Will be a big contributor. Really looking forward to having him here"

... And repeat it at warp speed 25 times??

You forgot leverage.
AggieDub04
AG
OrygunAg said:

Bill Superman said:

He mentioned 48 hours, there is a bowl game, would that be someone at Syracuse or usf like Todd Orlando or Rocky Long?

Could be a bowl game but I also wonder if anyone has a contract that stipulates they have to stay through early signing period. That ends Friday correct?
TxAg76
AG
Off_The_Wood said:

You can tell Elko is pretty intelligent. Not going to bash previous staff, but it's refreshing listening to him speak analytically and string thoughtful comments together.

You didn't enjoy Jimboomhauer??

Too Chains
AG
THIS CAN NOT BE STATED ENOUGH! I have never understood how Jimbo neglected to recruit kids in our own freaking state. We deserve it after that kind of approach. I'm glad that wash up is outta here!
NyAggie
AG
Off_The_Wood said:

Why Bjork wanted to hire stoops over Elko is still a mystery to me
Double Diamond
Too Chains said:

THIS CAN NOT BE STATED ENOUGH! I have never understood how Jimbo neglected to recruit kids in our own freaking state. We deserve it after that kind of approach. I'm glad that wash up is outta here!

Why in the world does it matter what state recruits come from! Jeez some of you really seem unhinged.
eastdallasag
AG
Elko hasn't done much to impress, just saying. Go ahead call me sip troll, what else is you got?
AGDAD14
Gidnik said:

There is a lot of really good high school football players in texas and only 3 of them signed today with texas a&m. that should be scary to the brass at a&m

I agree, this could spell trouble if true.
rsf0626
Its refreshing having someone who doesnt talk a billion miles an hour in press conferences
Sean98
AG
AGDAD14 said:

Gidnik said:

The prior staff virtually ignored Texas and the new group only had a couple of weeks to try and get in on home state kids. I believe this will change going forward but they can only do so much in a few weeks.
murphyag
AG
Sean98 said:

AGDAD14 said:

Gidnik said:

The prior staff virtually ignored Texas and the new group only had a couple of weeks to try and get in on home state kids. I believe this will change going forward but they can only do so much in a few weeks.
Those two posters are trolls.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.