Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Looking at the portal

5,086 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aginresearch
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where are the Bama four stars? OU four stars? Etc..

I'd like to be convinced that everyone else is bleeding too.
OrygunAg
AG
I'm guessing if your team is heading to the playoffs, not many head to the portal.
usmcbrooks
Logos Stick said:

Where are the Bama four stars? OU four stars? Etc..

I'd like to be convinced that everyone else is bleeding too.
Nick whined enough and boosters finally came off that meth money they had been hoarding.
90ags
look at tOSU...they are hemorrhaging...

Unless team in final 4 (and even a few portals there), many talents are moving for mo money.

tu will lose a few in the next portal.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
12thManInsideMe
Saw a report that said there are 3k athletes currently in the portal. Im sure we will replace the losses as best we can
JJ02
AG
12thManInsideMe said:

Saw a report that said there are 3k athletes currently in the portal. Im sure we will replace the losses as best we can
Exactly. Wait til the dust settles. We lose one, we will upgrade.
Ags2013
AG
All things considered I think we're doing just fine honestly.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Ags2013 said:

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Logos Stick
JJ02 said:

12thManInsideMe said:

Exactly. Wait til the dust settles. We lose one, we will upgrade.

We're losing good bench and starters. It's not that easy to replace them.
boyfriend
Coaching change and assistant turnover seems to be a big factor. When Riley left for USC a couple years ago I'm pretty sure OU had a good amount of transfer portal activity and that was before NIL became what it is now.

Firing your coach just got a lot more complicated in this era of free agency. Elko and staff will also land some big portal additions.
Fatboy Thaddeus
chilinobeans
boyfriend said:

Firing your coach just got a lot more complicated in this era of free agency. Elko and staff will also land some big portal additions.

Best to have a solid plan in place before firing mid-season. A main justification for Elko was that he was going to keep this staff and roster together. This one is on the administration, they acted on Jimbo before they had a solid plan and now it's biting us in the rear.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Repeat after me.

The team was 12-12 the last two years

Do we really give a **** if THAT leaves?
phillytex24
They should have kept ERob for a two year contract and kept options open! The players loved ERob. It would've been magical!
PeekingDuck
AG
Uhh, isn't Dillon Gabriel in the portal?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The last time OU had a coaching change, half their offense followed Riley to USC

The portal era sucks for fans.
Thanks and gig'em
Krautag81
Portalbella…..
GiggityAg01
AG
Ags2013 said:

Lol expect for the fact that we have only a slim chance of having a full team next year but ok. Can't wait until we break the "highest attendance the year before a forfeited season" record.
Sterling82
GiggityAg01 said:

Ags2013 said:

Lol expect for the fact that we have only a slim chance of having a full team next year but ok. Can't wait until we break the "highest attendance the year before a forfeited season" record.

Wildly overstated.
AG
GiggityAg01 said:

Ags2013 said:

Do you get through a single day in life without thinking the sky is falling?

Some of you have not done a lick of research to see how other schools compare to us in terms of outgoing transfers. Hint, we're just about average right now, which isn't bad for a complete coaching turnover year. Elko will use the portal liberally. Some transfers will hurt (if they end of going through with it) like Nolen, but Elko will also pull in some surprise recruits.
Kozmozag
We are going to be less talented next year. How far we slip is yet to be know. If you don't have top 10 talent you have no chance to win natty.
aginresearch
AG
That was never the plan. What are you talking about? The thought was that Elko could keep the roster mostly intact. To this point he has but with a handful of major portal entries. In all honesty the number one priority roster wise was keeping Weigman. That looks to have been accomplished,

The staff was never a concern. Robinson would have been nice and if Brown had not been hired at Syracuse it probably would have happened. Retaining Robinson would have saved a few portal hits on the defensive side for sure. However, I'm least concerned about the defense. Elko will have that performing at a high enough level to win. Offense is where we should all be concerned. Only two starters from the offensive side have left.

Let's see where we are going into spring practices. We need to see who actually leaves and who is picked up. We have a very incomplete picture right now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.