Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chase Bisontis is in the portal

12,727 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by dixichkn
OilFieldIRI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
MagnumLoad
He got abused this year
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
vander54
S
As a true freshman
World's worst proofreader
vander54
S
He was a big Adazzio guy
World's worst proofreader
TX_Aggie37
AG
I thought so too, but he was a Freshman All American.
usmcbrooks
The entire O-Line was abused this year.
aglaes
AG
Damn - would not want to be a college coach right now. Well, maybe for a few million a year I would.
soleta27
Hoping Fatheree comes back in full health.
amercer
AG
aglaes said:

Damn - would not want to be a college coach right now. Well, maybe for a few million a year I would.

I'd be happy to not be a college coach for 76 million if A&M is offering
jsc8116
AG
Do the covid rules still apply as far as having enough OL to play a game before cancelling it?
barnag
He was so so bad this year. How does someone like that get All American? Is it because not many freshman are playing so there's a more limited pool to choose from?
one safe place
amercer said:

aglaes said:

I'd be happy to not be a college coach for 76 million if A&M is offering
Yeah, the decision could vary depending on the fools doing the hiring.
90ags
Dunno...if you're a college coach with a solid NIL backing and able to get some players on the market, could be ok (have to land them though).

Agree though...dealing with '24 recruiting class and this portal at the same time...these windows will have to change IMO (although, unfair to the players would be stated).
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
amercer
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

I thought so too, but he was a Freshman All American.

No offense to this (or any) kid, but we've had too many freshman all Americans over the years. They don't usually become actual all Americans. There are almost no freshman who should be starting on the OL in big time college football.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I agree and it takes a special talent for a freshman to succeed on the line. My post was more one of surprise that he was given that award. Seemed like he struggled against the higher end talent in SEC play. I do think he was done a disservice by being rotated, and I think he could have developed into a good tackle. Good luck to him I guess.
ElephantRider
AG
barnag said:

He was so so bad this year. How does someone like that get All American? Is it because not many freshman are playing so there's a more limited pool to choose from?
I think as a true freshman playing OL, you just have to survive
KCup17
AG
ElephantRider said:

barnag said:

I think as a true freshman playing OL, you just have to survive

Their survival was at the expense of our QB's
whatthehey78
AG
Don't want to stay and play...
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Hoss
AG
Not talking about this kid specifically, but in my opinion this whole transfer portal thing just weeds out the riff raff. Show me the kids who love and want to play their hearts out for A&M. That's who I want. I know that's not the way college football works anymore, but still.
DallasAg 94
ElephantRider
AG
Hoss said:

Not talking about this kid specifically, but in my opinion this whole transfer portal thing just weeds out the riff raff. Show me the kids who love and want to play their hearts out for A&M. That's who I want. I know that's not the way college football works anymore, but still.
That sounds like a good way to not be very good
Gyles Marrett
I'd love to see the film other schools are looking at of his play this year. Between whiff's and getting bullrushed over it's pretty slim pickings lol.
AG
Oh NOES!!!

We're losing an offensive lineman from our STELLAR offensive line??

How will we possibly replace the production???
OilFieldIRI
S
Diggs just joined him in the portal
ElephantRider
AG
Do you think he can take Bryce Foster with him to the portal?
usmcbrooks
OilFieldIRI said:

Diggs just joined him in the portal
Headed to Cuse to be with ERob?
Hoss
AG
ElephantRider said:

Hoss said:

We haven't exactly been taking the world by storm.
whatthehey78
AG
Just a note. Not arguing and no agenda. The last time we had stellar OL, Sherman was HC.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
txags92
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Just a note. Not arguing and no agenda. The last time we had stellar OL, Sherman was HC.
2012 under Sumlin is holding for you on Line 1.
ElephantRider
AG
Hoss said:

ElephantRider said:

Hoss said:

We haven't exactly been taking the world by storm.
So why not be worse, right?
AG
Hoss said:

Show me the kids who love and want to play their hearts out for A&M. That's who I want.

Some of you need to pull your heads out of 1948.
VikingNik
AG
Those were Sherman's boys though
QB1
AG
Sad to see him go, but freshman all American? That seems inflated
Tamu12
AG
Fatheree will be back and healthy next season
txags92
AG
VikingNik said:

Those were Sherman's boys though
He didn't say the last coach to recruit a stellar OL was Sherman, he said the last time we had a stellar OL, Sherman was our HC, which is not accurate. We had a stellar OL in 2012 and Sumlin was our HC.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.