Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Danny Kanell nails it

17,024 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by jb6092
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reno Hightower
His precious 'sips are in! He should be ecstatic!
MaroonStain
AG
We've had too many run-ins with FSU where we came up short including hiring Jimbo. Don't care. Suck it up, Noles.

Glad the '99 baseball team came back and beat them in their SR.
Big-D
AG
As long as too many players don't skip the game, Georgia should embass Florida St. in the bowl game.
NyAggie
AG
Big-D said:

As long as too many players don't skip the game, Georgia should embass Florida St. in the bowl game.

Entire fsu team should opt out of the game on the day of the game

Leave the networks holding g the bag with 4 hours of dead air and an empty stadium

All tickets would have to be refunded, advertisers would pull their money out

I'd love it!
LB12Diamond
AG
He nailed it and if they beat Georgia. Yes, the should easily claim the NC.
sincereag
Too bad cfb only has a 4 team playoff this year, because some deserving team was going to get left out. In past years it wouldn't have happened and it won't ever happen again.
Jdub2001
We did not beat FSU in '99. We hosted a regional and super regional. We beat Clemson in the supers to go to Omaha.

FSU actually eliminated us in the elimination game.
94chem
MaroonStain said:

We've had too many run-ins with FSU where we came up short including hiring Jimbo. Don't care. Suck it up, Noles.

Why would a bunch of 30 year olds do that?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
NyAggie said:

Big-D said:

Leave the networks holding g the bag with 4 hours of dead air and an empty stadium

I'd love it!

It would be better than watching them play, for sure.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
_mpaul
AG
Of course it's all a sham. That why I've always said the bowl system was better.
94chem
_mpaul said:

Of course it's all a sham. That why I've always said the bowl system was better.

Oh, c'mon. Everybody knows that if they'd selected UW, Michigan, Bama, and UGA, nobody on here would have a tear to shed for FSU. The texags angst is just a little too transparent.
94chem,
victory
AG
MaroonStain said:

Just a little off there. Won the SR in Tallahassee in 2011. '99 Team was beaten by FSU in opening round of the CWS.
aggiephoenix02
94chem said:

_mpaul said:

Oh, c'mon. Everybody knows that if they'd selected UW, Michigan, Bama, and UGA, nobody on here would have a tear to shed for FSU. The texags angst is just a little too transparent.
I disagree. This board hasn't forgotten about 2020…
_mpaul
AG
94chem said:

_mpaul said:

I don't know what your point is, and I'm wary of the "everybody knows" argument, which people default to when they have zero evidence to support their point.

There were at least 5 deserving teams for 4 spots, someone was going to get left out, and whoever got left out could be griping just as legitimately as FSU is now. In that way, it's a sham. That's all I'm saying.
The Banned
Winning the ACC undefeated, this is a joke. They had to pick between Bama and Texas. That was legitimately difficult due to Bama's **** up in week2. And instead of making the difficult call, they shafted FSU
MaroonStain
AG
victory said:

MaroonStain said:

Just a little off there. Won the SR in Tallahassee in 2011. '99 Team was beaten by FSU in opening round of the CWS.

That makes feel even more not so sorry for FSU. '99, 2011, etc They all start blending together.
Post removed:
by user
Sharpshooter
AG
_mpaul said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

I don't know what your point is, and I'm wary of the "everybody knows" argument, which people default to when they have zero evidence to support their point.

There were at least 5 deserving teams for 4 spots, someone was going to get left out, and whoever got left out could be griping just as legitimately as FSU is now. In that way, it's a sham. That's all I'm saying.
The team left out should NOT have been an undefeated P5 team.
BadAggie
AG
If college football was going to end due to people being turned off by subjective rankings, politics, bias, money and shadiness it would have ended long ago.

The one thing that has the potential to cap its growth is the destruction of certain conferences and the leaving out in the cold the Okie Lites, tcehs, Oregon States, Kansas States, etc of the college football world. When alumni of good size public universities find their teams shut out what do they do? Many are fans simply because they are alums.

AGDAD14
ESPN always have, and always will be in the room. I said it from the beginning to my three friends who have been in the room.
Ol Rock
AG
Wasn't Kanell one of the biggest jerks campaigning against the Aggies making the playoffs in 2020?

Karma dude.
BadAggie
AG
Conference realignments and the broadcast money driving it are going to ruin college football.

Hand in hand with NIL and easy transfers via the portal it's now another pro sports league.

I guess there will always be tshirt fans, seems kinda dumb basing your business model around the tshirt fans of maybe 10 to 12 universities.

Heisenberg01
AG
Danny Kannell is a hypocrite. He's one of the key talking heads that is wrong with the sport. They all have an agenda vs just calling it straight.
annie88
AG
It is absolutely ridiculously stupid that the college football playoff does not work like every other damn playoff in the world. Super Bowl, World Series, college World Series if you get in on a wildcard or original, and you win out, you win out. That's exactly the way college football should work. And whether that's giving every conference a chance or what I don't know but this pick and choose bull**** is just that bull*****

it should all be what happens on the field. There should not be a committee to choose a damn thing.
annie88
AG
94chem said:

_mpaul said:

Bull****, FSU went undefeated, they should've gotten in over Bama in this scenario.
BadAggie
AG
NCAA has a playoff format for football, problem is it isn't used for FBS, Division IA

Tournament sports do very well, see March Madness and the College World Series

TyperWoods
it was, is, and always will be a sham.

However you slice it.
Donghorn
NyAggie said:

Big-D said:

I'd love it!

This would be epic and justified
I don’t start threads, I end them…
TAZ99
AG
Its only entertainment. Its about separating you from from money, not about the competition on the field.
Tex117
AG
Nails what?

There is nowhere written that undefeated teams automatically go to the playoff.

You look at who they beat and where they are this second (not having starting QB), they are simply not as good as the top 4 (yup, including Texas).

Sure, they are disappointed, but also, remember TCU got in last year....

And not to worry, this discussion is the last one with any weight about this. 12 teams next year. 99% of the time, the best team in the country will be in there. Having a two or three loss team just isn't going to carry much weight.
94chem
annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

Bull****, FSU went undefeated, they should've gotten in over Bama in this scenario.

Stop talking at me.
94chem,
greg.w.h
AG
BadAggie said:

NCAA has a playoff format for football, problem is it isn't used for FBS, Division IA

Tournament sports do very well, see March Madness and the College World Series

That's a bit of as cherry pick since the basketball tournament funds the NCAA almost by itself. I'm sure CWS is profitable, too, but the rest might not be in the typical season today. Well...WCWS likely is since ESPN promotes it and lots of girls play it growing up.
Logos Stick
94chem said:

_mpaul said:

TexAgs23
NyAggie said:

Big-D said:

I'd love it!
It wont happen but I would LOVE IT if they had the balls to do this...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.