Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We have effing idiots running our University

14,434 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Cromagnum
Sethtevious
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/11/09/texas-am-explore-ways-commemorate-rekindled-rivalry-with-ut/

Yes, let's establish a committee to figure out how we should 'commemorate' texas

Are you ******* kidding me?

If anyone wanted proof that our university and athletic leadership is just a bunch of paid mercenaries who don't understand A&M, this is it.

When someone tries to screw you over, you don't 'commemorate' them. When someone tries to extort you, you don't 'commemorate' them. When someone convinces your business associates, i.e. business partners, to keep you in the dark to make a deal you know goes against your best interests, you don't 'commemorate' them.

We shouldn't need to explain this simple concept to the people in charge in College Station, but here we are.
ColtAg21
Yeah...and this group is going to part of potentially selecting a new coach.
Robert L. Peters
Came here thinking Jimbo got an extension for keeping it close against Ole Miss.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
PeekingDuck
AG
It is only about the money. You're thinking too much into it. Just trying to get more money for the state of Texas and the two flagships.
heavily intoxtricated
We embarrass ourselves. It's what we do. It's what we've always done. Nobody embarrasses us. We do it to ourselves. Nobody makes us. As a university, we just voluntarily do stupid **** incessantly. The "aw shucks" good old boy morons in our administration strike again.
AG
You wanna know why Texas calls us "little brother"?

Because we act like one.
TexAggie1999
I don't think Texag's hatred of the rivalry is truly representative of the general Texas A&M or University of Texas alumni, students, and fans.

I don't see anything wrong with attempts to promote the rivalry. Not doing so would be a missed opportunity.
Reno Hightower
What a punk*** b**** move
Houstonag
AG
To heck with committees. God forbid I do not want to even acknowledge those bums in anyway.. Just play the fruit cakes and get on with it. Nothing special to me.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Are we going to give Jimbo another undated National Championship plaque?
TikkaShooter
Some of y'all haven't worked in corporate America, and it shows
45-70Ag
AG
ColtAg21 said:

Yeah...and this group is going to part of potentially selecting a new coach.

These idiots are going to keep this coach.
45-70Ag
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Some of y'all haven't worked in corporate America, and it shows

And that's a good thing.
90ags
Not reading, but govt employees are govt employees...whether US, state, or local level. Their priorities are just different.

Univ systems are connected and many in high levels aren't concerned about athletic programs outside of 'profitable' and if the football program is funding the other sports for equality.

All the coaches are connected...maybe not best friends (some are), but guarantee it's a game of taking care of each other regardless and who they have connections with or don't.

When all the mult-millionaire, mercenary coaches meet in their 'association', it's prob a nice giggle fest of the whole scenarios they live thru albeit well paid.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
JW
AG
This is the monetization committee. TAMU is only concerned with how it can maximize money off this event. Nothing else. Just like the focus of every other university unfortunately. We are no different these days.
WC94
AG
Our standard M.O., engage in a postion of weakness. Can we just put Brigadier Genral Ramirez in charge of football operations?
GigEmReggie
I don't get what this commemorization is going to entail. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had everyone wear burnt orange for the game. After all, we are doing a maroon out in a game against the only team on the schedule that wears maroon.
Only Fans Director
TexAggie1999 said:

I don't see anything wrong with attempts to promote the rivalry. Not doing so would be a missed opportunity.
So you are thinking a committee like this is needed?

Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
MooreTrucker
AG
GigEmReggie said:

I don't get what this commemorization is going to entail. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had everyone wear burnt orange for the game. After all, we are doing a maroon out in a game against the only team on the schedule that wears maroon.
Yeah, but the shirts have Ol' Sarge on them.

But yeah, getting upset about this is stupid. It's a bunch of people who likely haven't had dealings with the sips of old, and are simply looking at this from the marketing aspect of THE BIG RIVALRY to be promoted like UMich/OhioSt, etc.
Hungry Ojos
What the **** could possibly be the explanation for this bull*****
Ugly
AG
Only Fans Director said:

TexAggie1999 said:

Flagged for being objectively terrible.
heavily intoxtricated
TexAggie1999 said:

I don't think Texag's hatred of the rivalry is truly representative of the general Texas A&M or University of Texas alumni, students, and fans.

It doesn't need promotion.
TyperWoods
I commemorate tu with every flush
AG N ASIA
AG
If commemorate means the visitor locker room will have an A/C that needs repaired, backed up sewage and no seating then I am all for the committee.
Reno Hightower
Only Fans Director said:

TexAggie1999 said:

That Mitt Romney lookin dude in the front is a good representation of this limp-twisted idea.
Russ79
AG
tu already lives in the minds of a lot of Aggies already- you see it all the time at a game- the morons doing the horns down hand sign when we haven't played them in some time. We don't need to promote the "renewing" of the rivalry- I think it will organically pick up where it left off.
greg.w.h
AG
Board of Regrets answers to Abbott…
Actual Talking Thermos
TexAggie1999 said:

Even if both teams are pretty bad, that first game is going to sell out with tickets going for a pretty penny on the secondary market. Thats all you need to know about how the larger, less online fanbases feel about the rivalry.
Reno Hightower
They are basically the same. Sniveling weasels.
farmersfight
AG
yes, let's definitely welcome back with open arms the abusive partner in the relationship.

so ****ing stupid
OrygunAg
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

texags may be the extreme view, but I'm pretty sure even the most casual former Ag and football enthusiast knows tu is manipulative, narcissistic and condescending as an institution. It is like being forced to let an abusive ex move into your new home. Why would you celebrate that? Of course we hate them but we were better without them. Nothing to celebrate here.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Only Fans Director said:

TexAggie1999 said:

There's a lot of terrible photoshop in that pic. Otherwise, one dude has 6 finders, one dude's left and right hands don't match, and none of them are wearing shirts that actually fit.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Leander - Ag
AG
We really do. Its embarrassing how incompetent our leadership is across the board
EVA3
AG
What kind of crap is this? I think we should celebrate by kicking the **** out of them.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.