Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Stuck in Limbo with Jimbo

3,519 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Rudyjax
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe we get lucky enough that the big thinkers realize their mistakes and the sunk cost dilemma and we can move on from Jimbo this off-season, if not sooner.

But since that is unlikely since he's still owed a fortune and then some, there are a few obvious things that must happen.

1. Fire Addazio yesterday
2. Fire the strength and conditioning coach
3. Hire a Special Teams coach that can also recruit
4. Fire everyone else and burn it all to the ground

The list goes on, but these are a must. There's no way that we can continue assuming we just always have bad luck and all of our QB's and whole team just happen to get injured all the time.

The O Line can't protect our QB's, and the team as a whole has been injured since we lost Schmidt. Special teams has lost us a few games this season alone.

Ideally we burn it all down and start fresh, but since we're likely stuck in limbo, this is a start. If we're lucky, we'll find a Christmas tree on the curb in a few weeks.

AGinHI
AG
Maybe we'll see a Christmas miracle instead

OilFieldIRI
S
saw em off
AI is here...this thread has potential.
Bill Superman
AG
saw em off said:

AI is here...this thread has potential.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Offer Shemar Turner a ton of NIL $$$ to stay.
Bill Superman
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Offer Shemar Turner a ton of NIL $$$ to stay.
Give that money to Jimbo to leave.
NyAggie
AG
the jimbo Limbo

Bill Superman
AG
NyAggie said:

the jimbo Limbo

Probably a little more like this

Bill Superman
AG
AGinHI said:

Maybe we'll see a Christmas miracle instead

We'd have to be on the nice list for something like that. But here we have what's called the zoo.

Bill Superman
AG
Jimbo will be our coach next season unless we manage to go 6-6 and recruiting falls off dramatically. Our best hope is that we can stumble into one of those lucky one-off seasons Jimbo has before he came here. But then we'd probably extend him again…
BrazosDog02
AG
Jimbo is our coach and should be the coach. A lot of the reason we suck is because nothing is stable. You can make some changes but he needs to stay and do what he was hired for.

Every time it gets hard all the morons from dumbass armchair QBs here to admins admins above decide to burn it to the ground. It's so stupid. We suck because we start at level 2 and get mad at level 6 and then start over…..forever. I don't understand this mentality. It's …STUPID.

We have a mediocre mindset that needs to be fixed internally as well. It starts with the head coach. When y'all stop thinking 9-3 is "a winning season" you'll be able to get to the next level. The players think this way as well.
Bill Superman
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Jimbo is our coach and should be the coach. A lot of the reason we suck is because nothing is stable. You can make some changes but he needs to stay and do what he was hired for.

Every time it gets hard all the morons from dumbass armchair QBs here to admins admins above decide to burn it to the ground. It's so stupid. We suck because we start at level 2 and get mad at level 6 and then start over…..forever. I don't understand this mentality. It's …STUPID.

We have a mediocre mindset that needs to be fixed internally as well. It starts with the head coach. When y'all stop thinking 9-3 is "a winning season" you'll be able to get to the next level. The players think this way as well.

It looks like you will be getting your wish.

I'm certainly not on board with firing our HC every 3-4 years, but it has been 6 seasons now and we have been showing regression that past 3 seasons, after showing progress the first 3 years.

Since we're likely hanging on to Jimbo, if we go into next season and he turns this thing around I will get back on the bandwagon to a degree. Unlike most of the zoo, if he's here next year I will not be rooting for his demise, I'll always hope that we win. This isn't the NFL, losses don't help our draft stock.

If we have to get rid of Jimbo this early in his contract, there's no way that our program doesn't feel the impact of losing this sum of money that could otherwise be invested in the program.
Bill Superman
AG
Bill Superman said:

BrazosDog02 said:

It looks like you will be getting your wish.

I'm certainly not on board with firing our HC every 3-4 years, but it has been 6 seasons now and we have been showing regression that past 3 seasons, after showing progress the first 3 years.

Since we're likely hanging on to Jimbo, if we go into next season and he turns this thing around I will get back on the bandwagon to a degree. Unlike most of the zoo, if he's here next year I will not be rooting for his demise, I'll always hope that we win. This isn't the NFL, losses don't help our draft stock.

If we have to get rid of Jimbo this early in his contract, there's no way that our program doesn't feel the impact of losing this sum of money that could otherwise be invested in the program.
Honestly, if we're gonna be stuck holding onto Jimbo, it would be most ideal if he could turn it around next season and restore hope. I know the zoo would hate to see it, but it would be the best outcome for our program considering how much money we still owe.
He is Ass My Dude
Hey look, it's rhymie-timie.
Bill Superman
AG
He is Ass My Dude said:

One loss, two loss, three loss, four loss… you know how the rest goes.
Bill Superman
AG
Bill Superman said:

He is Ass My Dude said:

One loss, two loss, three loss, four loss… you know how the rest goes.
Oh, the Places We Won't Go…
HeyAbbott
AG
Coach Jimbo will be cashing his money next year here while doing the limbo
Rudyjax
AG
Feels like this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.