Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

EUGENE SEMKO Replay Booth

8,669 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by sleepybeagle
Gil Renard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty crazy this Longhorn alum has been getting away with it for years. Add a second on the clock for their last fake bdf title in 2009
Gil Renard
AG
https://kvia.com/sports/texas-sports/2021/01/18/longtime-big-12-replay-official-gene-semko-doubles-as-el-paso-divorce-lawyer/

Comical these folks sway millions of dollars and CFB outcomes.
Artimus Gordon
Soon to be the lead replay booth official for all Horn games in The SEC.
Bockaneer
AG
Even in league play U9 soccer they tried not to schedule my older son to ref his brother lest someone complain about bias…
Reno Hightower
They always do this.
QB1
AG
Puke, SEC wanted lil bro in and they got him, conference will be screwed for decades
nu awlins ag
AG
Absolutely no one should be surprised. This is exactly what entitlement looks like.
OilFieldIRI
S
He didn't see a need to review the crappy spot on that last UH drive. Even the commentators were blown away.
WC94
AG
What kind of dip**** goes to law school to beome a replay official. He should know he has to recuse himself for that game.
rootube
AG
You know these guys have real jobs and do this on the side right?
NyAggie
AG
there's a simple solution to all of this:

1. alums or formr employees of a school are not allowed to officiate any games where their school is playing
2. refs are no longer affiliated with specific conferences - there's a national pool of refs that are sent all over the country to officiate games

AG
Wait. Are you saying thst this guy said UofH didn't get a first down and the refs just went along???
"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
12thMan9
AG
WC94 said:

What kind of dip**** goes to law school to beome a replay official. He should know he has to recuse himself for that game.

Law schools graduate D students.
Ronnie '88
HoustonAg2106
AG
I would have thought that their last season in the big 12 would have been the opposite and the refs would be against them, I was dead wrong
QB1
AG
Hmmmm - El Paso lawyers website is down?????? I wonder why?

http://www.semkoandminor.com/?refPageViewId=81b39d5e11092e75
boyfriend
Why isn't there a rule in place that officials are not allowed to officiate games from schools they attended or graduated from? Seems fairly obvious a rule should be in place to eliminate bias and preferential treatment
Shoefly!
AG
97 said:

Wait. Are you saying thst this guy said UofH didn't get a first down and the refs just went along???

No, the ref on the field spotted the ball with wrong foot. Replay sip turd didn't review for 1st down in a critical time of game. I can't remember if coog's had any timeouts but one should've been called. I would've been screaming at the top of my lungs for replay. Unbelievable! Replay guy should be fired never to be in that position again. I'd like to see which tu games this guy has ruled since sips placed him there.
Whaler
AG
John Granado on Houston ESPN 97.5 radio was talking about how horrible the spot was too, and how it was reviewed by the tu law school alum... and how he should have recused himself from the decision. Granado said it very likely lost the game for U of H and hammered the replay official pretty good.

But, its the SOS, like the made-up targeting call against the Ags by the tu official in our last game with tu.

I agree that alumni of schools shouldn't officiate games involving their schools. They probably shouldn't even be able to officiate in the same conference.

Sterling82
boyfriend said:

Why isn't there a rule in place that officials are not allowed to officiate games from schools they attended or graduated from? Seems fairly obvious a rule should be in place to eliminate bias and preferential treatment

Such a rule was implemented in the SWC many years ago. One of the drivers of the rule was a horrible PI in the 89 Arkansas game by an Arkansas alumnus. It was on a 4th down play that allowed UA to keep possession and go on to score with under a minute to play. The winner of that game went to the cotton bowl.
Knoxville_Ag_08
AG
It doesn't matter what school the official attended when the conference is in charge - if the Big XII wants tu to win, a holding call here, bad spot there, PI no call on this one... it's really easy to change a game.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
NyAggie said:

1. alums or formr employees of a school are not allowed to officiate any games where their school is playing
2. refs are no longer affiliated with specific conferences - there's a national pool of refs that are sent all over the country to officiate games

Get out of here with this sensible solution.
#FJB
nu awlins ag
AG
NyAggie said:

Great idea but the NCAA would be against this. It would cost them money to do so....
NyAggie
AG
nu awlins ag said:

NyAggie said:

Great idea but the NCAA would be against this. It would cost them money to do so....
which brings me to my next solution to fix college football...

get rid of the ncaa and let the power schools form a new governing body
nu awlins ag
AG
This, but the power 5 would have to belly up to the bar. Not sure the coast and ramifications of that.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Could you imagine going to your rivals website to defend your team having to cheat to beat a group of 5 team?
WC94
AG
3 Star lawyer, 5 star sip henchman!
Rebbasser
AG
boyfriend said:

That rule was added when an arkie grad called a PI against us and caused us to lose to.....
arkie
Old Army '83
12mn95
AG
Gil Renard said:

Pretty crazy this Longhorn alum has been getting away with it for years. Add a second on the clock for their last fake bdf title in 2009

First off they didn't add a second to the clock in that Nebraska game. Why are you making that up? You can clearly see it on youtube if you don't believe me and watch it in slow motion if that helps you. It is very clear that the ball hit the ground and 1 second was still left. It sucks that they won but when you start a thread with a lie, it just weakens your other arguments

And as far as this replay guy going to Law School there did he make the call on where to put the ball? I don't know a single graduate degree person that's loyal to their grad school. All the people I know, love their undergrad school. The grad school was more of a business decision. I know plenty of Ags that went to UT Law or Pharmacy school and not one cheers for them.
GrapevineAg
AG
Sterling82 said:

Such a rule was implemented in the SWC many years ago. One of the drivers of the rule was a horrible PI in the 89 Arkansas game by an Arkansas alumnus. It was on a 4th down play that allowed UA to keep possession and go on to score with under a minute to play. The winner of that game went to the cotton bowl.

He wasn't just an alum, he was a 2-time letterman for their football team. Unbelievable that could happen.
Shoefly!
AG
Knoxville_Ag_08 said:

It doesn't matter what school the official attended when the conference is in charge - if the Big XII wants tu to win, a holding call here, bad spot there, PI no call on this one... it's really easy to change a game.

You're right but this was so obvious. The announcers that were blowin sip even brought it up twice.
Sterling82
12mn95 said:

Gil Renard said:

First off they didn't add a second to the clock in that Nebraska game. Why are you making that up? You can clearly see it on youtube if you don't believe me and watch it in slow motion if that helps you. It is very clear that the ball hit the ground and 1 second was still left. It sucks that they won but when you start a thread with a lie, it just weakens your other arguments

And as far as this replay guy going to Law School there did he make the call on where to put the ball? I don't know a single graduate degree person that's loyal to their grad school. All the people I know, love their undergrad school. The grad school was more of a business decision. I know plenty of Ags that went to UT Law or Pharmacy school and not one cheers for them.

He was the replay official. At that point in the game, he would be the one to initiate a replay which he didn't even though he had reviewed spots earlier in the game. Considering this was an extremely critical moment, not reviewing whether UH reached the line to gain was outrageous particularly when anyone watching the game, including the tv crew and the longhorn radio crew, thought it was a first down.
Divining Rod
Quote:

Are y'all assuming he'd be crooked because you assume someone with an Aggie degree would be crooked in your favor?

Isn't that projecting?

This must have sounded smart in your head. The fact is, a 'sip grad cheated his ass off for his school. Is that not enough a damning picture for you?
Decay
AG
12mn95 said:

Gil Renard said:

The Nebraska game was before instant replay. There was no mechanism in the rules for adding time to the clock because the operator rolled it incorrectly. It was entirely unprecedented and happened exactly no times before or after until instant replay was put into the rule book.

That's why it was BS.
CC00
AG
Decay said:

12mn95 said:

Gil Renard said:

The Nebraska game was before instant replay. There was no mechanism in the rules for adding time to the clock because the operator rolled it incorrectly. It was entirely unprecedented and happened exactly no times before or after until instant replay was put into the rule book.

That's why it was BS.

This was 2009 game
Big12 started using instant replay in 2006
Watch the replay

Also - if the call is correct (which it was) - why would it matter how they got there?
WC94
AG
Official time isn't kept on tv, it is kept on the field. Field clock was at 0. Butterteeth lobbied to add a second, so they did. It's the reason Nebraska left the Big12.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.