Report on Knox TV: Ag fans prayed for fallen Tenn fan
7,111 Views | 47 Replies
GigEm81
7:43p, 10/17/23

Here is the full story:
UT Fan Credits Prayer by Texas A&M Fan with Saving His Life
https://www.wate.com/sports/orange-and-white-nation/ut-fan-credits-prayer-by-texas-am-fan-with-saving-his-life/

Edit: I now see also posted above.
MooreTrucker
7:53p, 10/17/23
In reply to dachsie
dachsie said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

Perhaps this Ag Fan could pray for the team as well.

don't be that guy

god is good

It's the football forum not the Bible forum. Lighten up Jebus.

And there are plenty of other threads for this. You were out of line. Move on.

Thanks for the advice muffin. Again, football, not the Bible or Jebus, is the point of this forum. No one ****ing cares where you, or how you, worship. So don't bore us with it.

How's that for "out of line"?

Right on point for someone like you.

Haha. Someone like me? Please, enlighten me. What kind of person am I? This should be glorious.
Someone who can't read the room. Someone who can't read a thread title. Someone who just wants to be a jerk.

Someone who is easy to ignore from now on.

It's fine punkin. You'll get those panties unbunched at any time now. Then you'll be just dandy.
A fine example of being an Aggie......
Ain't he though? Such a nice guy, bless his heart
PanzerAggie06
7:59p, 10/17/23
In reply to dachsie
dachsie said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

don't be that guy

god is good

Thanks for the advice muffin. Again, football, not the Bible or Jebus, is the point of this forum. No one ****ing cares where you, or how you, worship. So don't bore us with it.

Right on point for someone like you.

Haha. Someone like me? Please, enlighten me. What kind of person am I? This should be glorious.
Someone who can't read the room. Someone who can't read a thread title. Someone who just wants to be a jerk.

Someone who is easy to ignore from now on.

It's fine punkin. You'll get those panties unbunched at any time now. Then you'll be just dandy.
A fine example of being an Aggie......

So savage. Hahaha.
Ghost91
8:41p, 10/17/23
Situations like this usually have a way of ticking off everyone regardless of where they fall on the religion continuum.

While it makes for a nifty feel-good story as well as another data point for the 'Ags are better fans than everyone else' narrative, it also raises all the usual questions from the not-quite-as-religious side:

- Why wouldn't God just not let the bad thing happen in the first place?

- So if the good 'ol Ags hadn't been there to beg God to not let him die, God would've just let him die? But instead God was like, "Wow! Look at all these incoming prayers coming from Knoxville, maybe I should give this a second look!! If there were just the usual 3 or 4 people begging, I'd say 'nah' and let him die in agony in front of his family. But there's like a dozen people pleading for this guy!!".

- And then there's the 'every scenario is a win for God'. As in, Guy goes to game and returns home safe and sound without incident - God is good!
Guy goes to game, has his 'spine attack' (whatever that is) but lives thanks to prayers - God is good!
Guy goes to game, has his attack but dies despite prayers because God is busy with Israel or Taylor Swift's new boyfriend or something - God is good, he has called home his good soldier to paradise!

Just seems silly when you set aside the emotion and apply logic.
cavscout96
10:05p, 10/17/23
In reply to PanzerAggie06
PanzerAggie06 said:

cavscout96 said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

don't be that guy

god is good

apparently you DO care or you wouldn't be admonishing us to take it elsewhere

Reading comprehension is a thing sweet cheeks. Try again.

You should heed your own advice.
cavscout96
10:08p, 10/17/23
In reply to Ghost91
Ghost91 said:

Situations like this usually have a way of ticking off everyone regardless of where they fall on the religion continuum.

While it makes for a nifty feel-good story as well as another data point for the 'Ags are better fans than everyone else' narrative, it also raises all the usual questions from the not-quite-as-religious side:

- So if the good 'ol Ags hadn't been there to beg God to not let him die, God would've just let him die? But instead God was like, "Wow! Look at all these incoming prayers coming from Knoxville, maybe I should give this a second look!! If there were just the usual 3 or 4 people begging, I'd say 'nah' and let him die in agony in front of his family. But there's like a dozen people pleading for this guy!!".

- And then there's the 'every scenario is a win for God'. As in, Guy goes to game and returns home safe and sound without incident - God is good!
Guy goes to game, has his 'spine attack' (whatever that is) but lives thanks to prayers - God is good!
Guy goes to game, has his attack but dies despite prayers because God is busy with Israel or Taylor Swift's new boyfriend or something - God is good, he has called home his good soldier to paradise!

Conversely, you could just admit that God IS good, all the time, in every circumstance, just like you've described.

Ghost91
8:07a, 10/18/23
In reply to cavscout96
cavscout96 said:

Ghost91 said:

Conversely, you could just admit that God IS good, all the time, in every circumstance, just like you've described.

Pretty sure that if I die writhing in agony from a 'Spine Attack' in front of my wife and children despite a bunch of strangers standing over me chanting, neither me nor my survivors are going to be thinking "God is so good to us!" anytime soon…
fulshearAg96
8:41a, 10/18/23
This is great... Really is... Just sucks it is the highlight of our football weekend in Knoxville...
PanzerAggie06
8:56a, 10/18/23
In reply to Ghost91
Ghost91 said:

Logic should not be used in a conversation concerning religion. Religion is nothing but glitter and unicorn rainbow toots. It's simply made up stories on the same level as Harry Potter.

Either way…… this is a football forum. Move this lame thread to the religion forum where it belongs.
GigEm81
9:17a, 10/18/23
Sad, sour negative individuals unfortunately are out there.

Hope all will one day be healed.

Meantime, better is also out there. As is Best.
ClearlyJustSomeAg
9:49a, 10/18/23
In reply to MooreTrucker
MooreTrucker said:

Ghost91 said:

GigEm81 said:

The Ags asked him if he believed in God and prayed over him.

Did this strike anyone else as weird? So if he'd said 'No', does that mean the Ags would've turned around and walked off? Or lectured him? Or done that one weird Yell with the train whistle thing? Or prayed for his quick demise instead of speedy recovery?
These days, as easily as some people are to get offended, it's a valid question.

And I suspect if he'd said "no" they would have just left him alone, instead of all of that dumb stuff you mentioned.
You do seem easily offended
MooreTrucker
9:59a, 10/18/23
In reply to ClearlyJustSomeAg
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

MooreTrucker said:

Ghost91 said:

GigEm81 said:

The Ags asked him if he believed in God and prayed over him.

Did this strike anyone else as weird? So if he'd said 'No', does that mean the Ags would've turned around and walked off? Or lectured him? Or done that one weird Yell with the train whistle thing? Or prayed for his quick demise instead of speedy recovery?
These days, as easily as some people are to get offended, it's a valid question.

And I suspect if he'd said "no" they would have just left him alone, instead of all of that dumb stuff you mentioned.
You do seem easily offended
Nope, not at all. My point stands. Some people these days are hair-triggered to be offended about religion, so to ask is a smart and even courteous thing.

And I think some of the rest of that are just stupid, like praying for someone's demise, which is dumb just based on context. And that "weird train whistle" thing. Is that a shot at our yells? Why is that necessary?

But to each his/her own, I guess.
AG81
10:05a, 10/18/23
In reply to Ghost91
Ghost91 said:

Dude, you believe what you want to believe. There's no need for that. All you've done is tell everyone you have issues. A Texags board can't solve them. Perhaps you should seek help elsewhere.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings