Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Embrace Mediocrity

3,911 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Aggie_Nuke
Aggie_Nuke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Face it guys, A&M football has been a mediocre, average, also-ran team since 1939. I've now been "waiting 'till next year" for 54 years. We've got the best facilities, top recruits, and $200M staff, all for naught.

I say we may as well save the money by NOT firing Fisher; at least then he'll have to show up to work every day. If we fire everyone and hire all new, then we're just repeating what we've done for years. New coach, give him 5 years to put his staff, players, and system in place….. what do we end up with?……same thing we've had and been doing since 1939.

We'll all be much happier if we just embrace mediocrity, chill, and enjoy a few wins and bowl games. We will never be anything but average !

Gig 'em, and enjoy one more win this year, against ACC !

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
rjkiv04
AG
We can do this for a lot less money on coaches and players….
TXAGBQ76
AG
It's been longer than that. We are a .600 all the me team.
The Real Napster
Mediocrity, kinda like winning halftime
Keith70Chevelle
A&M football team will never accomplish what we all hoped for. I have been pulling for them for over fifty years. Texas joining the league will result in horns kicking am ass. Just like old times
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
Is this the pu$$ies thread?

Stop the sulking and start demanding better!
Either I will find a way or I will make one.
. . .
8-4 forevermore

Fightin' Texas 84ers

Just 12 double-digit win seasons in the history of AF.
Haven't won a conference championship since 1998.

Hope for better days (even if history says this is who they are)
The Real Napster
Nice Guy Eddie said:

start demanding better!

Demanding better next year
Sgt. Schultz
AG
  • how many folks on here are willing to give up their season tickets?
  • how many folks will say they will not donate another dime to the TMF?
  • how many people are willing to not go to a game at Kyle Field?

The problem is we piss and moan about things but aren't willing to do our part. When you keeping getting a bad product or service, you don't keep buying or supporting it. If you are ok with a mediocre product or service, then by all means, keep donating to the TMF, buying season tickets, and going to the games. If you are tired of it, then you vote with your wallet and your feet. You can't be afraid to walk away. Truth be told, many are afraid of losing their priority points and losing season tickets for those once or twice a generation seasons.

I know, time to duck because the 2%-er, bad Ag, sip comments will be forthcoming. So flame away.
I know NOTHING!!!!
Robert L. Peters
I've told you all the solution but you ignore it
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is this the pu$$ies thread?

Stop the sulking and start demanding better!

So do you believe "demanding better" was never done since 1939 ? We've "demanded better" since 1939, and always had the same result.......... mediocrity, average.

To whom would you "demand better" ? the AD ? Fisher ? ...... and how would you enforce those "demands" ?

Sorry buddy, your the wuss....... you can't man up and face the fact we will never be a great team, and never win another natty.

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Urban Country Boy
AG
Aggie_Nuke said:

Face it guys, A&M football has been a mediocre, average, also-ran team since 1939.
And your contribution to make it better was what?
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Urban Country Boy said:

Aggie_Nuke said:

Face it guys, A&M football has been a mediocre, average, also-ran team since 1939.

Contributions have nothing to do with our performance. We've thrown tons of money at facilities, coaches, etc. and all for naught. If you think it is a money issue, then you haven't been paying attention to the program.

The last coach I know of that ever said anything regarding the money spent on our football program was R.C. Slocum, who said we didn't have the facilities to compete with other schools....... and you don't think that has changed ?

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
nu awlins ag
AG
Aggie_Nuke said:

Urban Country Boy said:

Aggie_Nuke said:

Contributions have nothing to do with our performance. We've thrown tons of money at facilities, coaches, etc. and all for naught. If you think it is a money issue, then you haven't been paying attention to the program.

The last coach I know of that ever said anything regarding the money spent on our football program was R.C. Slocum, who said we didn't have the facilities to compete with other schools....... and you don't think that has changed ?

RC couldn't recruit period. OU/tu didn't have awesome facilities either. sure they were a bit better but they weren't mind blowing better. He got lazy after 1998 and didn't think he needed to recruit as hard. It was that simple.
AgBQ1994
AG
TexasAggie81
how many folks on here are willing to give up their season tickets? I did that over 20 years ago.
how many folks will say they will not donate another dime to the TMF? I did that over 20 years ago.
how many people are willing to not go to a game at Kyle Field? I haven't been in 5 years. Free tickets to the Auburn game. I didn't buy any refreshments at Kyle Field … not even a chicken wrap.

How did I otherwise "waste" my money? I've been to Europe 7 times and Puerto Vallarta 11 times. And those were much more pleasurable experiences that watching many Aggie football games.
SBDavis87
AG
AgBQ1994 said:

vastly underrated post/art work
rshackelford
AG
Sgt. Schultz said:

• how many folks on here are willing to give up their season tickets?
  • how many folks will say they will not donate another dime to the TMF?
  • how many people are willing to not go to a game at Kyle Field?

The problem is we piss and moan about things but aren't willing to do our part. When you keeping getting a bad product or service, you don't keep buying or supporting it. If you are ok with a mediocre product or service, then by all means, keep donating to the TMF, buying season tickets, and going to the games. If you are tired of it, then you vote with your wallet and your feet. You can't be afraid to walk away. Truth be told, many are afraid of losing their priority points and losing season tickets for those once or twice a generation seasons.

I know, time to duck because the 2%-er, bad Ag, sip comments will be forthcoming. So flame away.

I'm doing my part! I've not donated a dime since graduation (Slocum/Fran era), and I've been to literally 2 games since then as well. Not one during the fisher tenure, and I LIVE here still. Nobody is More 2% than me. I don't even own an Aggie t shirt; though, I am smart enough to not walk around acting like I am entitled to results on the field because I have any coin in the game. Spare me the "well don't complain if you don't contribute" lecture. Weird poor-flex. I know.
rondis23
AG
We are NOT even mediocre though. I'd settle for mediocre at this point.
Muy
AG
Speak for yourself OP. Those of us at A&M between 85-89 saw a damn good football program that won championships and big bowl games.
Seamaster
AG
This has been my sentiment for about 10 years now.

Step 1: Stop caring as much.

Step 2: Stop building your Saturdays around the game (if I am home anyway I'll have the game on but I won't be glued to the TV and if something else is going on I won't watch and am not fussed that I am not watching).

Step 3: Stop spending tons of money on games. If we go to a game, its always a non-conference directional school. Cheap tickets.

If you do that, you'll enjoy the big wins when they come and you won't ruin your weekend when we inevitably lose.

Aggie_Nuke
AG
Muy said:

Speak for yourself OP. Those of us at A&M between 85-89 saw a damn good football program that won championships and big bowl games.

If your "bar" for success is SWC conference championships in the '80s, which didn't even mean that much back then relative to the national football standings, then you're already acknowledging mediocrity. The Big 12 Championship in 1998 was really our last spark of hope, and even that isn't much to brag about. Think big picture.....84 years without a Natty, or even coming close !

As for bowl games, they're meaningless when it comes to college football overall; all that counts is a Natty, if you're really serious about being a top-ranked team. However, I admit that at least an SEC Championship would make us look a little better..... not necessarily getting us out of the realm of mediocrity...

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.