Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Left Handed strength

3,176 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by livinmw
lil_frog8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did/does bringing in a left handed QB provide a change that will throw off the defense or make the offense work better? Similar to pitching in baseball. Did anyone notice if we flipped the tackles or did they adjust which side they sent blitzes from off the edge to attack the blindside. The protection just seemed better second half could we be a left handed team?
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
AggieArchitect04
AG
Fatboy Thaddeus
I sense that this is a metaphorical discussion
TX_Aggie37
AG
No you don't flip your tackles.

Might change which hash you select when given the opportunity, and may set your formation to the opposite side on some things.
Unemployed
AG
lil_frog8 said:

Did/does bringing in a left handed QB provide a change that will throw off the defense or make the offense work better? Similar to pitching in baseball. Did anyone notice if we flipped the tackles or did they adjust which side they sent blitzes from off the edge to attack the blindside. The protection just seemed better second half could we be a left handed team?
Yes, Aggies are so dumb, we even make the center flip sides on the line.
Craigy
In baseball lefties actually have to run to third base and round the bases clockwise and the infielders often switch positions when facing a lefthander to even the distance
Kozmozag
The ball spins the wrong way off their hand, very confusing to receivers.....
BoxingAg84
Lonestar-aught-six
Hit'em with the stranger.
ag94ag
AG
Please tell me that your wife asked this question.
illegitima non carborundum
ABattJudd
AG
Hardest thing I've ever done in my life was try to coach a left-handed quarterback.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
SA-AG72
AG
QB's backside has to be covered from right side instead of left so whatever adjustments need to make that work.
NoahAg
Kozmozag said:

Not if you swap in left handed footballs. Dummy.
Pizza
NoahAg said:

Kozmozag said:

Not if you swap in left handed footballs. Dummy.

An attempt was actually made by Alabama & Notre Dame in the late 50's (around the spring of 58 if I recall correctly?) to design a left handed football, but it wasn't accepted because only heathens throw with the devils hand.

I can make things up too.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
Phatbob
AG
Only Fans Director
Left handed QBs roll out naturally to the left versus righties usually going right.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
The Zookeeper
AG
ag94ag said:

Please tell me that your wife asked this question.

You're giving him too much credit.
Wake me up when next year is finally THIS year.
The Zookeeper
AG
RealTalk said:

lil_frog8 said:

Yes, Aggies are so dumb, we even make the center flip sides on the line.

You sure we just didn't tell the center to hike it left handed too?
Wake me up when next year is finally THIS year.
lil_frog8
AG
SA-AG72 said:

QB's backside has to be covered from right side instead of left so whatever adjustments need to make that work.
This was the point of my original post before the zoo took it and did what the zoo does... I didn't notice if we kept the true freshman Bisontis on the right side protecting the back of Johnson or did we switch to Zuhn who normally plays on the left since I would think you would want the more experienced lineman at the point of attack especially since it seems that Johnson likes to bootleg/sprint out and throw on the move.
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
TX_Aggie37
AG
lil_frog8 said:

SA-AG72 said:

This was the point of my original post before the zoo took it and did what the zoo does... I didn't notice if we kept the true freshman Bisontis on the right side protecting the back of Johnson or did we switch to Zuhn who normally plays on the left since I would think you would want the more experienced lineman at the point of attack especially since it seems that Johnson likes to bootleg/sprint out and throw on the move.
Despite what folks may think, playing the opposite side of the line is very much playing a different position. You do everything opposite of how you've been training your body to do something for months. It can be done, but it's not quite as simple as plug and play. We likely will keep our line personnel despite the QB switch.
livinmw
OP, strangely enough, it seems our left side of the OL has been the better so far. I think Zuhn and either Dewberry or Nabou at LG has been great so far. It seems pretty obvious that Bisontis is kicking ass and hasn't give the spot back to Fatheree so that really speaks volumes as to the job he is doing. Robinson has been the weakest to this point, showing a few times but that SR leadership is something of value as well. So, I don't really see that the right side (Max's blind side) out performed Nabou and Zuhn. I don't think a lefty really changes much from a defensive approach or our OL's approach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.