Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What kind of truck did your Dad drive?

2,330 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sleepybeagle
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
In honor of Father's Day coming up this month, let's also honor the trucks our dads drove!

Maybe you learned to drive using one of those trucks. Or maybe you threw a few bales of hay out of the back of one. Or hauled some watermelons in the summer.

Whatever your story, we'd love to hear it and see some pictures of your dad's truck if you have them!

If you're looking for a New or Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, call, click or visit us today or text Chance Covert at 512-845-8522 or Adam North at (979) 324-0199 and we will give you the best value and service for you.

Don't forget, we will come to you! Free delivery all over Texas.

Vehicle Highlights
Ford
New Vehicles
  • 2022 Ford Expedition Platinum MAX: $82,235
  • 2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback: $45,120
  • 2023 Ford F-150 Lariat: $68,180
  • 2023 Ford Edge SE: $37,005
  • 2023 Ford Edge SE: $39,655
Chevy
New Vehicles
  • 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST: $49,589
  • 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ: $63,949
  • 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Custom: $44,339
  • 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST: $53,644
  • 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST: $57,644
Pre-Owned Vehicles
  • 2021 Ford EcoSport SE: $22,821
  • 2021 Chevrolet Blazer RS: $44,605
  • 2021 Chevrolet Truck Tahoe LT: $55,465
  • 2020 Ford Truck F-350 Platinum: $76,617

Please let us know how we can help you out on Ford, Chevy, Lincoln, Cadillac, GMC, Buick, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and/or Ram vehicles. As a reminder, we have completely committed to sanitizing our vehicles and dealership thoroughly and frequently. Our employees are practicing the upmost standards of safety and health.

That's our Covert Commitment.
maroon barchetta
He had a late 50's-early 60's truck of some sort that I barely remember. Don't have a photo handy.

Had a small Toyota pickup and then got a T100 when they came out. He put 200,000 plus on that T100.

He had a Tundra next. I bought it from him with 189,000 miles on it.

Here's a similar T100.
SBISA Victim
AG
My dad drove a 1980 Datsun Pickup similar to this one but white. It had a 5 speed manual, and no air conditioning. (Good memories in that truck).

and a 2000 Silverado Z71 4x4. Similar to this one but green.
JustisWalkert
AG

1952 Ford F100. Originally owned by blacksmith. Anvil on rear bumper.
Bought for $200, drove to death and sold for $100.
Doc Hayworth
My dads first truck was a 1964 Ford, 3 speed column shift. Built like a tank. Not like trucks today.
Shoefly!
AG
My Dad's 64' Ford Falcon truck, he was poopin in tall cotton! Automatic, A/C, 6 cyl, used for Sales calls and errands. Then when he wanted to cruise in his hippy van Ford Econoline 3 on the tree, I liked sitting on the motor between the front seats but it got hot quick!

MosesRAB-93
AG
Scout II Rally (orange w/ white stripe), Scout II, then three 80s/90s Broncos in a row, now a King Ranch F150.
HECUBUS
AG
Had a '73 Cheyenne Super 10 ranch truck that rusted to pieces and some fords that belonged to his tractor dealership. Never drove a truck for regular commuting. Even back then, it made no sense in Houston.
Odin
AG
1985 Ford F150 single cab long bed with the 302 in it. Bench vinyl seats, no headliner, two tone brown and tan.

I started driving it at 16 and regret selling it to this day
45-70Ag
AG
Very similar to this
1986 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado

tamc91
AG
1973 or 74 peterbilt dump truck
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
1983 Ford Ranger
I think that was the first year of the Ranger pickup.
Dad passed away in 1988 and I drove if for the next couple of years before heading to A&M.
Bison
AG
The Brown Bomber: 1970 El Camino. Owner's manual was for a Camero --El Camino was an optional configuration. This was also the official shop car/loaner for the family business --useful for hauling tires, tools, and children.

This vehicle was driven until the wheels fell off, at which time it was replaced by... a 1979 El Camino that he got from HIS dad. The smell of tobacco juice never leaves once it's there. It was one of the first vehicles I learned to drive. Later still, this was supplemented by an '86 El Camino (same source, same smells).

It was only in the Nineties that Dad got around to buying a new truck for himself (Mom drove Lincoln Continentals). 1991(?) Ford Ranger, special ordered with a long bed and a 24 gallon gas tank. This, too, became a shop vehicle, but it was insanely useful b/c it had such a long range.

Finally, he got a full-size pickup truck around the turn of the century. F-150 Lightning --which he promptly decided to garage most of the time and kept driving the Ranger. And no, I was not permitted to drive it; by the time he passed, I had a family and "There's no room for the kids, let's sell it."
Cojack
1984 Chevrolet Silverado baby
TexasAGGIEinAR
1977 Ford Lariat, brown and yellow. Nicknamed, "Old Yeller".
sleepybeagle
AG
Not a truck but my father drove a WWII surplus army jeep in high school.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.