Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggies #1 in NIL $$$$ It's time to see production

8,007 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by InMyOffice
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Highest Paid College Athletes in the NIL Era
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/highest-paid-college-athletes-in-the-nil-era

Lilbill20
What I gather from those 2 pics is that everybody is cashing in not just a couple kids on our team. Probably healthier for a locker room if you don't have 1 player making a bunch of money and 2/3 of the rest of the team making squat
Only Fans Director
I hate the off season as predictive topics run rampant.

It should be noted these are valuations and all estimates. All for the 2022 season.

"This analysis shows how much each player COULD be earning for the current season."
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
Lilbill20
*cough* Texas not in the top ten but bijan sitting at #5 *cough*
vander54
S
Numbers are only guesses not actual numbers
World's worst proofreader
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
Yeah I don't believe these numbers at all.

You're telling me Texas, USC, Oregon aren't top10?
JPAggie2010
AG
I was thinking the same thing
DallasAg 94
AggieDub04
AG
If this is what they "could be" earning then one of the following must be true:

We are paying the most because we recognize market value and respect athletes earning potential

We are not paying the most and getting a better deal than others which means athletes chose to come here for more than money
InMyOffice
AG
When the graphic says "valuation" you know it has no basis in actual reality. It's just a guess by the person who created it. Read the article, they are literally just guessing. They probably just ripped off On3's stupid NIL valuation.
W
AG
these guys have no idea what the actual numbers are
levypantsEOY
Bogus numbers/ analysis.
Deputy Travis Junior
Not really related to the OP, but I think we shouldn't throw much NIL money at recruits. Instead, we should throw it at transfer portal targets who've already shown they can produce in college.
akm91
AG
W said:

these guys have no one has any idea what the actual numbers are across CFB
FIFY
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Guy12
DallasAg 94 said:

Bryce Young ($3.2M) and William Anderson Jr ($1.6M) are getting $4.8M. Divide that by 85 and you get $56K.

And yet, they want us to believe Bama is only in on $52K per player?! Maybe they meant $540K.

Tbf, the more important average number would be the median and not the mean, which wouldn't be affected by the top-paid athletes.

I still don't trust their numbers either way.
HDeathstar
Need filed tax returns. W2
Guy12
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Yeah I don't believe these numbers at all.

You're telling me Texas, USC, Oregon aren't top10?

They say they only analyzed the AP top 10, presumably from the last year's preseason rankings. So it just ranks the top 10 AP teams, which doesn't include Texas, Oregon, or USC.

But that also makes the rankings particularly useless.
Bill Superman
AG
GinMan said:

Highest Paid College Athletes in the NIL Era
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/highest-paid-college-athletes-in-the-nil-era

We can only hope that these numbers are accurate.
greg.w.h
AG
Made up numbers are made up?!?
DallasAg 94
OriolePete
I can't wait until we see the first college player retire from football before he is drafted. With all the injuries, if you're smart, 2 or 3 million should get you well on your way to a lifetime of wealth. I guess that's the goal.
Panama Red
AG
This is one of the dumbest "Articles" I've seen in quite some time.
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
OriolePete said:

I can't wait until we see the first college player retire from football before he is drafted. With all the injuries, if you're smart, 2 or 3 million should get you well on your way to a lifetime of wealth. I guess that's the goal.
That would be the dream. Throw it all into an index fund, live off 4% a year and you're making more than double the national average.

If you come away with $3 million you're nearly quadrupling the average with 4%.
AWP 97
AG
Panama Red beat me to it.
JustisWalkert
AG
OriolePete said:

Vince could have blown that with one trip to the Cheecake Factory.
HoustonAg2106
AG
So we are number one by a mile, but don't have a single player in the top 15?

These numbers are what my friend DJT would call fake news
fightinag
baylor # 10 and tu not listed......COME ON MAN
TexAggie1999
DallasAg 94 said:

Bryce Young ($3.2M) and William Anderson Jr ($1.6M) are getting $4.8M. Divide that by 85 and you get $56K.

And yet, they want us to believe Bama is only in on $52K per player?! Maybe they meant $540K.

Yep. This has to be a total BS list. I expect the team averages are not even remotely accurate. Maybe the individual player's numbers are accurate, but I expect those numbers are missing a lot of money for the players listed.

IF the numbers are accurate (and I don't think they are) would you want to be at the top? Being at the top means there is good earnings potential to try to buy players. That is good. However, it also opens you up to criticisms of buying your team. I expect we were at the top of NIL buying last year and competitive but not the top this year. I expect we are upper tier (probably Top 5 to 10) of legitimate NIL (real endorsements) deals.
cheeky
AG
Lilbill20 said:

What I gather from those 2 pics is that everybody is cashing in not just a couple kids on our team. Probably healthier for a locker room if you don't have 1 player making a bunch of money and 2/3 of the rest of the team making squat
Yes, but if the wins don't start pouring in you can imagine the well shall run dry and rightfully so. Time for these boys to earn their scholarships, benefits and cash in spades.
B-1 83
AG
Now throw in another $300k in tuition, books, fees, room, board, dietitians, trainers, doctors, tutors, and an opportunity for a world class education…………pretty good gig.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
W
AG
this is why compassion, sympathy, etc.., for college athletes is going out the window
BMX Bandit
W said:

this is why compassion, sympathy, etc.., for college athletes is going out the window
because websites put our fake information?

12mn95
AG
We have seen these type of Valuation posts on here before. Hopefully now, people will soon realize that these #'s are NOT REAL and are just valuations of what a player COULD earn. Nobody knows since these are all private and not open to the public.
arontc09
AG
12mn95 said:

We have seen these type of Valuation posts on here before. Hopefully now, people will soon realize that these #'s are NOT REAL and are just valuations of what a player COULD earn. Nobody knows since these are all private and not open to the public.
NIL deals are public information in Texas.
vander54
S
arontc09 said:

12mn95 said:

NIL deals are public information in Texas.

Intresting. Looks like you're right

In total all athletes made $4.1M with Football making the most $3.3M
World's worst proofreader
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.