Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Think the future is not bright at A&M.

15,294 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mike Elkos Burner
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We played that game without :

Shemar Turner
Tunmise Adeleye
Trey Zuhn
Ainias Smith
Myles Jones
Tyreek Chappell
Andre White

Max Johnson
Gabe Dindy
Bobby Taylor
Jordan Moko
Jake Johnson

Of that dozen guys, that's seven starters (Moko has started a couple of games, so you could say 8), your best wideout, arguably your best corner, another corner that's a sixth-year senior, your starting QB and a couple of guys who would be in the normal two-deep.

We dropped at least 1 int and had 2 penalties they kept Bam a on the field. The boys played their ass off. This sucks. This sucks hard. A&M was the better team.
DSAG
BTHOB-98 said:

Shemar Turner
Tunmise Adeleye
Trey Zuhn
Ainias Smith
Myles Jones
Tyreek Chappell
Andre White

Max Johnson
Gabe Dindy
Bobby Taylor
Jordan Moko
Jake Johnson

Of that dozen guys, that's seven starters (Moko has started a couple of games, so you could say 8), your best wideout, arguably your best corner, another corner that's a sixth-year senior, your starting QB and a couple of guys who would be in the normal two-deep.

We dropped at least 1 int and had 2 penalties they kept Bam a on the field. The boys played their ass off. This sucks. This sucks hard. A&M was the better team.

We have the talent on both sides of the ball to compete at a very high level.
Coaching needs to get it done.
I agree that all of the injuries are not helping either .
Cedar09
If you think so leave! Most of these player are hurt. Tired of people *****ing about the team. Suck it up!
VatoLocoAggie
Amen brother
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
greg.w.h
AG
New defense. New offensive line. QBs are getting the experience they need in real games and slowing down the game (you saw Haynes finally see the game at full speed…which is of course Bama speed.)

We can repeat the most jaundiced views on how bad this is and can do the internet tough guy BS and wag our tails and say "three years" and "not accepting mediocrity" a lot.

But the truth is Texas A&M is finally not accepting mediocrity and building a strategy for consistently reloading rather than rebuilding. We finally have eight five stars in the team together. And six of them are fish. Six. Just need to get healthy and build from here. It's hard to beat Saban two years in a row. We came close. More to do.
BTHOB-98
greg.w.h said:

New defense. New offensive line. QBs are getting the experience they need in real games and slowing down the game (you saw Haynes finally see the game at full speed…which is of course Bama speed.)

We can repeat the most jaundiced views on how bad this is and can do the internet tough guy BS and wag our tails and say "three years" and "not accepting mediocrity" a lot.

But the truth is Texas A&M is finally not accepting mediocrity and building a strategy for consistently reloading rather than rebuilding. We finally have eight five stars in the team together. And six of them are fish. Six. Just need to get healthy and build from here. It's hard to beat Saban two years in a row. We came close. More to do.

100% agree.
Just Tired
BTHOB-98 said:

Trey Zuhn

that may have actually led to an upgrade with dewberry stepping in.
Dr. Horrible
They played without their heisman trophy winner
htxag09
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Sure. And that's the story line for everyone. But we also had our starting qb out. Oh, also multiple lineman, our overall leader and best playmaker/WR, LB, and three corners. But yeah, they were down their QB.
C2 Ag 93
This year has cast doubt in my mind on some of Jimbo's coaching abilities, but I am still a supporter and generally agree with the idea in OP. I do think the future is bright, but Jimbo does need to take some heat for how this season started. I normally reject the "youth" and "injuries" arguments too, but I think this season is proving that it may be one of those rare seasons where it may be true.
TexasAggiesWin
S
With Jimbo at the helm of the offense, I have my doubts. Wait until next year = next year never comes
txagman1998
AG
I would feel a lot better if we could convince Jimbo to accept being a "CEO" head coach and hand off the play calling to a true offensive coordinator. I'm sure there will be many candidates available after the season ends. Could you imagine this team next year with this defense and a competent offense that could jump out to 14 or 21 point first half leads?
JBGoode
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

There's plenty of selectivity in this thread, not mentioning missed FGs and fumbles that benefitted A&M.

But if we want a moral victory, I won't get in the way.
dlsarmi2
AG
Aggie Defense has kept us in games even against MissSt (Durkin and D stepping up): work needs to come moreso on the offense as we've all seen the OLine (which can barely protect our QB) and our OC play calling not geared to the talent we have such as to our QB. I will maintain cautious optimism about Ags but our HC/OC @ $9mil/ year @ year 5 needs to look in the mirror and faulty execution of offense starts with him.
Ian Neff
AG
If you're reading OP as being down on our team, that's understandable.

It is a horribly worded title.

He's actually positive about the team.

With good reason.
90ags
JBGoode said:

Dr. Horrible said:

There's plenty of selectivity in this thread, not mentioning missed FGs and fumbles that benefitted A&M.

But if we want a moral victory, I won't get in the way.
Agree on the Bama missed FGs, but we forced the fumbles....all 3 were legit (Diggs and Nolen forced them).

Think we dropped 2 INTs (one was right in the shoulder pads...Harris should have had) and HK forced his INT vs just throwing it away (bad decision). E Stewart bailed HK out of another potential INT.

No moral, but still plenty of give and take everywhere.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
htxag09
AG
Nah, it only goes one way….turnovers, mistakes, special teams errors, etc.
MaroonStain
AG
Some injured players may have lost their spot yesterday.
txag72
AG
The problem with this season is the unrealsitic predictions made for a team with an untested OL and no defined QB. We're probably where we should be if people had any knowledge of the actual team.
Houstonag
AG
Team needs to stay hungry. Effort and attitude are key.
Shoefly!
AG
txag72 said:

The problem with this season is the unrealsitic predictions made for a team with an untested OL and no defined QB. We're probably where we should be if people had any knowledge of the actual team.

The problem with this season is the unrealsitic predictions made for a team with an untested OL and no defined QB. We're probably where we should be if people had any knowledge of football.
Luke The Drifter
AG
The future *could* be bright and *should* be bright, but that's also what we said last year after beating Bama. I'll believe the future is bright when we stop losing to Appalachian State and the Mississippi schools. Until that happens, the future will be the same as it's always been.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
BudFox7
That many injuries is a trend, not an outlier.
W
AG
A&M is 7-5 since beating Alabama last year

and 2 of those wins are against Prairie View and Sam Houston
W
AG
also...some really good players...

Achane, Demani, Antonio have 6 games left in an A&M uniform

they won't be a part of this bright future
Dad
AG
Our starting QB is not that good. I think we lose by more if he started because he doesn't like throwing past the LOS.

When you downgrade King for turning the ball over they are just about equal to each other.

From Young to the backup is a huge step down.
AGDAD14
Shoefly! said:

txag72 said:

The problem with this season is the unrealsitic predictions made for a team with an untested OL and no defined QB. We're probably where we should be if people had any knowledge of football.

Both should be repeated again and again!!!
deltazulu
AG
AGDAD14 said:

Shoefly! said:

txag72 said:

Both should be repeated again and again!!!

Wow, it was unrealistic to expect to beat App St at home, in Jimbo's 5th year, after he said "We Ain't Done Yet" at the end of 2021, and we have the #4 ranking in composite team talent?
MosesRAB-93
AG
We are a competent OC away from dominance. Simple as that.
Hawk2007
MosesRAB-93 said:

We are a competent OC away from dominance. Simple as that.

Nah, I think there's more to it than that. An OC salary would be chump change compared to what the TMF has invested into the AD, and what we're paying Jimbo.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Just Tired said:

BTHOB-98 said:

Trey Zuhn

that may have actually led to an upgrade with dewberry stepping in.

Except Dewberry didn't play LT and LT was a huge issue during the game.
HoustonAggie37713
Where was this thread after App State or Miss State?

We have wins over 2-3 Miami, 3-3 Arkansas, and Sam Houston.

Loss to 3-3 App State
BTHOB-98
BudFox7 said:

That many injuries is a trend, not an outlier.
The trend is that we have have not played a game all year that wasn't physical. Every game has been tough. Even Sam Houston had size and was physical. They just had less talent. That wear and tear tends to get to you at this point in the season.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm ready for the present to be bright. Enough with the "wait until next year" crap.
DuncanLEO
BTHOB-98 said:

Shemar Turner
Tunmise Adeleye
Trey Zuhn
Ainias Smith
Myles Jones
Tyreek Chappell
Andre White

Max Johnson
Gabe Dindy
Bobby Taylor
Jordan Moko
Jake Johnson

Any of those dudes play against app state? Lol at Max Johnson, he is not our standard.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.