Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Jimbo Fisher / Texas A&M Championship Football Era is about to Bloom

1,437 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bill Superman
HunterAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most people know I am a "glass half full" type of person, especially when it comes to my love of Aggie football. My children ('07 and '11) along with other Aggie family members, give me a decent amount of hell for my perspective and positive outlook. But then they, like almost all Aggie grads, fans, etc., have been disappointed for many decades and have good reason for their negativity or even BAS. But that doesn't stop their incredible love for the University or its football program.

Still, since Dec 4, 2017, this fanbase has had a reason to look forward to the future of Aggie football. It was the day that Jimbo Fisher took over the guidance of this A&M football program. From Day 1, you could see that this was a great fit. Like a good boot, it's was from humble beginnings but aspired to much more. It felt comfortable while you worked toward your goals or even relaxed after a hard day. And when the time was right, did the job when ass kicking was needed.

That's Jimbo Fisher. Talking faster than TexAgs can translate, the man talks nothing but knowledgeable football. He is a man that looks and sounds like he was born to be an Aggie. No nonsense and honest (as you can get in his profession), he has a work ethic that was honed from his first days as a boy in West Virginia. And he will not stop until he has delivered a national championship for Texas A&M. But only to take a breath and go at it again.

He has spent the past 4+ years building what he knows is the foundation and lifeblood of a successful football program recruits. The "Jimmys and Joes". Every class building upon the previous. (And for those doubting Thomases, the 2023 Class will do the same). Jimbo knows you need the most talented players to compete with the best programs in the country. So many of the programs being in our own conference.

Along with forming a great staff, and utilizing what are the best resources in college sports including the TAMU facilities and Aggie Network, Fisher is capitalizing on these resources to build the program up to its very best. But as Billy Liucci said a few days ago, this year is the year to put up or shut up.

I for one am a believer. There is just too much going right, so much talent and depth, and an incredible staff. With 100,000+ on Game Days at Kyle Field, and hundreds of thousands of former students, fans and family behind them, the time has finally come. 2022 will be the year the goals came into sight, the program blooms, and Coach Jimbo Fisher delivers on his goal to begin bringing double digit regular season win success and CFP appearances for the next 10 years.

I can't wait for the season to begin on Saturday.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Gump 02
AG
I agree, but…

halfastros81
AG
Only one way to find out . I feel like an upside surprise is very possible but depth and injuries always play a role. I think the Ags are pretty deep in most areas.
AvidAggie
AG
Let's consistently beat the Mississippi schools first
Bill Superman
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.