Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Expectations for Season

7,683 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cords12
HoustonAg2021
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Expectation: 11-1
Probable: 10-2
Floor: 9-3 (Would be disappointed still with this)
wangus12
AG
7-5
Azariah
AG
I expect to be massively entertained. Probably something heartbreaking and also something thrilling.
Sponge
AG
I am always wrong
8-4
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i like when we have low expectations. historically we have underperformed with high expectations.
Divining Rod
Im with Azariah. I will say, I'll be very disappointed if CW is not our staeting QB. Id rather lose a few due to fish mistakes than spend a whole season with a cap on our potential, losing a few because our O was not bold enough.

Prob looking at 9-3 or 10-2
AggieOO
Divining Rod said:

Im with Azariah. I will say, I'll be very disappointed if CW is not our staeting QB. Id rather lose a few due to fish mistakes than spend a whole season with a cap on our potential, losing a few because our O was not bold enough.

You'd rather lose a few with a fish, so you'll be disappointed if Johnson or King starts and we go undefeated and win a natty.

I'd rather win as many as we can, regardless of the QB.
maver1ck
AG
15-0
NyAggie
AG
Playoffs
My Name Is Judge
9-3
Sparkie
AG
Jimbo is an idiot for not playing our backup qb who should be a Heisman candidate.
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
I expect them to play football while I watch and drink beer with friends.
Fishwrangler11
AG
As someone who will take this slightly seriously…

- We think we have next "great" QB in the 1st 3 games
- We'll BTHO the cupcakes
- Jimbo will make us mad at some point for his offense being too slow
- We'll feel like we have a good offensive line again
- The Bama game will result in…Saban and Fisher having steely glares
- The swamp kittens will be better than we thought
- The hype train will be rollin'….at some point
- We'll all grab another beer after the 3rd unsportsmanlike penalty during a significant game
- The Ags will make us mad, TexAgs will tell us to stop overreacting, and then we'll feel better by Friday
- When it's all set and done, we'll be grateful for college football and that we aren't in a dumpster fire conference that will irrelevant in the next 5 years

9-3 with our bowl game "defining" our season
Leander - Ag
AG
15-0. It's time
Wurk
AG
Re-watched games this season. All loses were 1 possession games (Arkansas/Ole Miss was till late in the 4th). This team is going to be good. 11-2 minimum. Book it
Divining Rod
AggieOO said:

Divining Rod said:

You'd rather lose a few with a fish, so you'll be disappointed if Johnson or King starts and we go undefeated and win a natty.

I'd rather win as many as we can, regardless of the QB.

i guess reading comprehension is not your strongsuit.
AggieOO
If you think we'll lose a few either way, I'm not sure what difference it makes who the QB is. If we lose due to fish mistakes then you will wonder if we'd have won with a different QB. But at least you'll be happy CW starts. But maybe my reading comprehension still sucks.

I'm not pulling for any particular QB. I'll let the coaching staff figure that one out.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Honestly 10-2 would be a great season, I would expect 9-3 with a new qb
levypantsEOY
Eight wins. Unproven QB, tough conference, etc.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Eight wins. Unproven QB, tough conference, etc.

Are you talking about your sips? The BDF is not a tough conference.
TMF
AG
10-2. We do have a proven QB and a QB with tremendous upside. Gumps will be tough at their place and we probably lose to someone else.
amercer
AG
Anything less than 10 wins is a disappointment.

We have the coach, the facilities, the recruits, and the money.

If we can't do it now we never will. Should average 10 wins a year from now until Fisher leaves town.
jphelmet
AG
8-4. We ain't done yet. Rinse and repeat.

Hungry Ojos
If Max is the starter (which he will be, of course), I say 8 wins.

If Connor is starter, 6 wins.

If King is starter, that means Jimbo is no longer our head coach for some reason and all bets are off.
Jimbo4win
AG
amercer said:

If we can't do it now we never will. Should average 10 wins a year from now until Fisher leaves town.

This times eleventy billion
HoustonAg2021
amercer said:

This is 100000% correct. We have the players now, it's time to start stepping on people
Hungry Ojos
BigDave21 said:

amercer said:

This is 100000% correct. We have the players now, it's time to start stepping on people

Have y'all ever watched Jimbo's offense? It's only effective with a VERY good qb. We have no idea whether we have that on campus right now. Y'all thinking "10 or 11 wins at a minimum" are crazy!
maroongoon95
AG
8-4 Texas Bowl U!
JohnLA762
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

BigDave21 said:

amercer said:

Have y'all ever watched Jimbo's offense? It's only effective with a VERY good qb. We have no idea whether we have that on campus right now. Y'all thinking "10 or 11 wins at a minimum" are crazy!

That is not completely accurate. Look at Mond. He was a decent QB, but I wouldn't classify him as VERY good. His offense is effective with a dominate running game. Everything builds off of that. Throw a VERY good QB in the mix, and it becomes unstoppable.

With that said, I think 10-2 or 11-1 is realistic.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
nbaker2022 said:

15-0

It's not August yet.
snowdog90
It depends on the QB. I think Weigman is the best, but they're all 3 very good. If Jimbo can figure out which one is the ONE, the sky is the limit.
TexAggie1999
amercer said:

Fisher is an excellent recruiter, which is important. I don't know that he is an excellent coach.
HoustonAg2021
Weigman is our future. It's just about who's gonna in place now until it's his time I think.
threemeat
Remember last year when king went down early and we had to pretend Calzada wasn't the worst qb that had ever walked on a football field, and then he beat bama? Next year I'd be extremely happy with competent play at qb regardless of the starter. Other teams do that all the time. Starter goes down, backup comes in and dominates. Nothing more demoralizing for guys playing their hearts out than to have to watch a guy like calzada just play so poorly. Don't see this team winning a natty anytime soon, but hey kansas could beat the whorns again, that was fun.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.