Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Shaded seating at kyle field for kids….

13,707 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by northaustinaggie87
Ajdcrna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey guys, I'm really wanting to take the whole family to college station this year for a game. I have 2 girls that are fairly young. I know the game times aren't out yet. When my wife and I go we usually like to sit in the 313-316 area. Can some of you with a lot of experience tell me where the best places to sit would be as far as having the most chance for some shade in case we end up getting an 11am or 230 game time? We are probably going to go in September or October. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
bulverdeaggie93
AG
sun comes up over the southeast part of stands (the tunnel where visiting teams come out)… so early games 11a, you want to sit in the south end (by scoreboard in general)…. 2:30 games no real good spot in Sept.... 6p games in Sept want to be over the north/northwest side (sun will be setting behind you and stands).
cwsaggie
AG
The last few rows (like 18-20) of the Field Boxes are pretty good in Sept/Oct, and you have a climate controlled concourse if it's too hot or bad weather.

If it's not a conference game or Miami, you can probably pick some up on the cheap on here or StubHub as the game approaches.
W
AG
alumni side top deck...anything row 15 or higher should be in the shade for an 11am start
Roger350
AG
Alumni side, top deck, Row 16, near the 50 is just barely shaded for the 11am starts. Torso gets shade about the time for the National Anthem. Row 19-20 will have full shade by 10:30, but it took almost the extra full half hour to make it down to 16 for the New Mexico game last season.
DGrimesAg92
Roger350 said:

Alumni side, Row 16, near the 50 is just barely shaded for the 11am starts. Torso gets shade about the time for the National Anthem. Row 19-20 will have full shade by 10:30, but it took almost the extra full half hour to make it down to 16 for the New Mexico game last season.

A man might need to take out a second mortgage for those tickets......
C@LAg
Just take one of these things up into the stands:

Roger350
AG
BLSD said:

Roger350 said:

Alumni side, Row 16, near the 50 is just barely shaded for the 11am starts. Torso gets shade about the time for the National Anthem. Row 19-20 will have full shade by 10:30, but it took almost the extra full half hour to make it down to 16 for the New Mexico game last season.

A man might need to take out a second mortgage for those tickets......

Should have specified top deck. Bleacher seats. The donation is $500 / seat, and mine are more like the 45 yard line. Not cheap, but reasonable for the view and shade. I only posted because the post right above said row 15 was in the shade, and wanted to mention that the shade wasn't quite there until kickoff. If you get there early you're in the sun.
chilidogfood
AG
aggieclay
ok ok
Buzzkill
aggieclay said:

Pics of your girls? I'm kidding, I'm kidding. They're gonna have a blast!!!

You can still delete this
aggieclay
Well, not if you copy it. LOL
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I heard you dont have to buy tickets for kids, I would call the 12th man foundation and ask.
aglaes
AG
I'm pretty sure that the lower deck south endzone sections (130-134) if you are in the upper rows are shaded almost anytime by the 2nd deck. Not sure how high up (row #) you need to go to insure shade.
Ogre09
AG
I'm in 407, row 18. My seats never get direct sunlight. I usually sell 3-4 games. Let me know if interested.
JaneDoe02
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
you're welcome

and section 133/134 above row 25 is what you want
TXAG 05
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

I heard you dont have to buy tickets for kids, I would call the 12th man foundation and ask.

Everyone has to have a ticket, no matter what their age is.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Everyone has to have a ticket, no matter what their age is.
What if Aiden is sitting in my lap?
jpb1999
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

you're welcome

and section 133/134 above row 25 is what you want

Where is this shade chart found? I am looking at Section 240 for the Sept 2nd 6 PM game vs NM. When will this section be in the shade?
northaustinaggie87
AG
I would also like more info if there is a link to this. I am considering Section 405 Rows 10-15 for ULM. Seems I should be good according to the sun study picture at 3pm start time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.