Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Merry Christmas

3,161 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ValleyRatAg
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope all of my fellow Aggies and Aggie football fans have a joyous and blessed Christmas.

Enjoy the season and dont forget the reason.

BaileyAg
CrawfishAg
AG
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%202:1-21&version=NIV

Luke 2:1-21 New International Version (NIV)

The Birth of Jesus

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 "Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.

Footnotes:
a. Luke 2:2 Or This census took place before
ChemEAg08
AG
Christ is born!
TAMU74
AG
Everyone have a great Christmas.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
ChemEAg08 said:

Christ is born!

Amen brother amen.
87NastyNiner
Thank you CrawfishAg! Praise the Lord Jesus Christ! Merry Christmas!
SA-AG72
AG
Merry Christmas, Zoo!
ValleyRatAg
AG
Merry Christmas! Praise the Lord!
Jon Cocktosin
AG

Merry Christmas, Ags! Blessings and peace to you, your families, and all of your loved ones...
82 TAMU Ag
AG
Happy Jesus' Birthday!
sharpdressedman
May everyone have a safe, healthy, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with God's blessings.
aggieduck
AG
With all the petty push and shove on this board, thanks for bringing us back to center...
pbaitman
Merry Christmas!
sportsfreak1975
Merry Christmas Zoo!!
JimAggie
AG
Merry Christmas, Aggie Family!
Jawbreaker
The Devil
Grown men celebrating their birthday
aggieband 83
AG
Merry Christmas, Ags.
Glad to see y'all remember the reason for the season. Keep Christ in Christmas!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Marry Christmas to my fellow Aggies!
ahlongslide
AG
The Devil said:

Grown men celebrating their birthday
The Devil is one of the funniest, well-timed posters on this board… and I'm a pastor

Merry Christmas, zoo. I was just reading about all of the layers of fulfilled prophecy and foreshadowing in Christ's birth story. It's mind blowing
pbaitman
People still believing in another God. If God created man, why did man create so many Gods? Would like some extra ordinary evidence given we reject all these other Gods. What are the chances all these other people got it wrong and you got it right? I mean even the 10 commandments that God supposedly wrote aren't even that good. What about not harm children or sexually assault but don't want graven images, what would happen if we allowed those, lol. I mean stoning people to death for working on the Sabbath? Really? And who can really believe you can get two of every animal. I mean the amount of meat required to keep a lion alive each day, and 3000 species of snakes alone, but was a similar story of Gilgamesh. I could go on but you believe in a fairy tale like Santa Claus
pbaitman
ValleyRatAg
AG
One day we will all know. Merry Christmas, I pray this Christmas that you find the answers to these questions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.