Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

3-8 Record but Outscored Opponents 314-244

2 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mike Elko
Onionman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What team am I?

9 point loss to Ohio State
3 point loss to Michigan
7 point loss to Oklahoma
7 point loss to Wisconsin

Would beat the snot out of 4-7 Texas right now.

Pretty sure they could beat University of Cincinnati.

One of the best 3-8 teams I have ever seen.

RyanWhite
AG
Cornhuskers
Onionman
Schedule matters. No way Cincinnati marches thru that schedule without multiple losses.
Aginnebraska
AG
Weirdest team I've ever seen. My sons attend NU and 10 games into this season I still don't know how good or bad they are...a bad record yes...but they had a chance to beat every one of those teams well into the 4th quarter.
W
AG
time to dig up the ol' Bill Parcells quote...
texan12
Top 20 offense and top 50 defense to boot.

101st turnover margin.
Little Rock Ag
AG
To be fair, they had 52-7 and 56-7 blowout wins, so those two games skewed their points for/points allowed totals. That said, Nebraska may just be unlucky.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Almost every loss can be pinned on special teams- they have been beyond horrific. Returns against them for TDs, missed chip shot FGs that would have tied or won, terrible punting at times- just incredibly weird luck or lack of preparation. And their turnovers have been incredibly weird too…
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
All 3 of Nebraska's wins over FCS Fordham, Buffalo, and Northwestern were by 25+ points, but 7 of Nebraska's 8 losses were decided by 8 points or less. If Nebraska had won even 3 of those 7 games, they would have clinched bowl eligibility by now.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Nebraska's last 10 losses have all been by single digits. That just seems odd.

You have to go a long way back to find the last 10 losses for Alabama, but even they lose games by more than double digits sometimes. Three double-digit losses in Bama's last 10 losses.

2021 - 3 points at A&M
2019 - 5 points vs. LSU
2019 - 3 points at Auburn
2018 - 28 points vs. Clemson (National Title Game)
2017 - 12 points at Auburn
2016 - 4 points vs. Clemson (National Title Game)
2015 - 6 points vs. Ole Miss
2014 - 7 points vs. Ohio State (Sugar Bowl)
2014 - 6 points at Ole Miss
2103 - 14 points vs. Oklahoma (Sugar Bowl)
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Win At Life
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Nebraska's last 10 losses have all been by single digits. That just seems odd.

You have to go a long way back to find the last 10 losses for Alabama, but even they lose games by more than double digits sometimes. Three double-digit losses in Bama's last 10 losses.

2021 - 3 points at A&M
2019 - 5 points vs. LSU
2019 - 3 points at Auburn
2018 - 28 points vs. Clemson (National Title Game)
2017 - 12 points at Auburn
2016 - 4 points vs. Clemson (National Title Game)
2015 - 6 points vs. Ole Miss
2014 - 7 points vs. Ohio State (Sugar Bowl)
2014 - 6 points at Ole Miss
2103 - 14 points vs. Oklahoma (Sugar Bowl)

2103? Did I just go back to the future? Can you let me peek at that almanac, Biff?
Texker
AG
The other day I saw a stat that only two Power 5 teams are in the Top 10 for both explosive offense and limiting explosive plays on defense.

Ohio State and Nebraska
Texker
AG
Just read a column written by Derek Peterson. This 2021 summary reads like 6th grade football. And except for Culp's kicking in 2020 it's pretty much been this way since Frost arrived. Hire a ST Coordinator! Jeezus.

"Nebraska this season has allowed a kickoff return for a touchdown, allowed a punt return for a touchdown, allowed a blocked extra point to be returned for a score, given up a safety on a punt, and muffed a fair catch on a kickoff; it has the third-worst yards per punt average in the Big Ten (91st nationally) and has made only 8 of its 16 field goal attempts; it has a kickoff return team that has attempted the seventh-fewest returns in FBS football and a punt return team that gains the fourth-fewest yards per attempt.

The return units don't attempt to return kicks or punts. The field goal unit isn't trusted to kick anything with any kind of distance. The punt coverage unit is 81st in average yards allowed per punt return. And despite finally finding a kicker who can create touchbacks, the kickoff coverage unit ranks 111th in average yards allowed per kick return."
Aginnebraska
AG
They have serious special teams and QB problems. FG unit is turrible, kick coverage is always a nail biter, and the only thing their QB will dependably do is fumble or throw an INT at a critical moment in the game.
SilverTongueDevil
You are what your record says you are
DallasAg 94
Sounds like Franchione?!

I guess now we know why the Coach restructured his contract... needs a few shekles for staff.
cc10106
A&M lost 3 games by a combined 6 points one year only to get stomped in the bowl game, albeit against a Cal team that should have been in a BCS bowl.
alamoaggie64
AG
I think they have become better but still not a good football team.
SilverTongueDevil
alamoaggie64 said:

I think they have become better but still not a good football team.

Agree. There is no such thing as a good 3-8 team. Competitive? Yes
Burnsey
AG
Best 3-8 team in FBS!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
cc10106 said:

A&M lost 3 games by a combined 6 points one year only to get stomped in the bowl game, albeit against a Cal team that should have been in a BCS bowl.
Yes, that was in 2006, and all 3 of those losses to Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Nebraska were at Kyle Field.
EliteZags
AG
best 8 loss team in the nation?
PascalsWager
AG
EliteZags said:

best 8 loss team in the nation?
You're joking. But Nebraska is going to be the best 3-9 or 4-8 team of all time.
Ag Tag
What's the best team that has gone winless this season?
W
AG
Nebraska is terrible
EllisCoAg
AG
Led 21-9 entering the 4th, after a Iowa FG, block punt for TD and a safety and it is a tied game. Iowa scored another TD for the win.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
The Agly Duckling
W said:

time to dig up the ol' Bill Parcells quote...
Josh Pate doesn't see things Parcells' way, exactly.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Ag Eng 92 said:

Almost every loss can be pinned on special teams- they have been beyond horrific. Returns against them for TDs, missed chip shot FGs that would have tied or won, terrible punting at times- just incredibly weird luck or lack of preparation. And their turnovers have been incredibly weird too…

What I said… their season in a game.
W
AG
special teams are important.

every game has 20 or so special teams plays...kickoffs, field goals, punts, extra points
sbag
AG
I dug deeper into their stats. You would never know they were 3-9 from studying their offensive statistics. The old saying "lies, damned lies and statistics" applies here.
Mike Elko
AG
Coffee's for closers only... Frost ain't a closer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.