Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU let's Coach O go… Fisher on the hit list?

18,952 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Buzzkill
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just announced this is his last season… do they steal Jimbo?!?
aggiepanic95
AG
Uhh, no.
agz win
AG
Zero chance Jimbo would jump out of his great position into a hot frying pan that just fired their national championship winning coach so soon after he got them a trophy.

Deliverance is gonna deliver.
My Name Is Judge
I doubt it but Nothing should shock anyone these days

If Jimbo does leave I want Elko as head coach
hunter2012
AG
They'll steal Jimbo when coach O and OP learn english.
PatriotAg02
AG
No chance
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
hunter2012 said:

They'll steal Jimbo when coach O and OP learn english.

Lol
oldcrow91
AG
Can you imagine how many years Jimbo could screw up if he had won a Natty at A&M.

Ogeron dumped a year and a half after winning it all at LSU.
Romello
If they hired Jimbo I would throw everything at getting Urban Meyer. He is the only sure thing out there.
pbaitman
If you can get fired two years removed from a title, that should scare any established coach. Win constantly or be gone. For Fisher he is loved here, stated you have everything you need here to win, you are paid handsomely, why leave? Not a better job at all. Honestly it's a step down in everything except maybe recruiting. Think they probably have someone already lined up like the guy at Louisiana as next coach.
Leander - Ag
AG
Ha! LSU is lol poor
Randyag15
AG
Wouldn't LSU have to pay A&M for buyout for jimbo? Sorry not a contract lawyer but if we can't fire him seems he couldn't leave unless bought out. Right?
fc2112
They're goin' after Sark - book it!
Romello
Randyag15 said:

Wouldn't LSU have to pay A&M for buyout for jimbo? Sorry not a contract lawyer but if we can't fire him seems he couldn't leave unless bought out. Right?

I'm not sure their is a contract buyout clause. I haven't read the agreement, just repeating what I've heard on the internet so take it for what it's worth.
Randyag15
AG
Romello said:

Randyag15 said:

I'm not sure their is a contract buyout clause. I haven't read the agreement, just repeating what I've heard on the internet so take it for what it's worth.

Why the hell not? Seems really stupid not to have something. If we can't fire him based on performance, coaches could shop all the time for a better gig. I know they used to list like 2 schools.
Bison
AG
Randyag15 said:

Like Sa(t)an and Dabo, Jimbo has no buy-out clause in his contract. It would cost us an arm and a leg to fire him outside of for-cause, but he can jump if he feels like it.
Romello
Randyag15 said:

Romello said:

Randyag15 said:

Why the hell not? Seems really stupid not to have something. If we can't fire him based on performance, coaches could shop all the time for a better gig. I know they used to list like 2 schools.

Not sure. If true you'd have to ask the brain trust(s) that wrote the agreement. I certainly wouldn't have agreed to it but it's not my money.
Olsen
AG
Woodward has to offer $100 million for 10 years guaranteed to Jimbo for that to happen
W
AG
Jimbo is the 2nd most "tenured" coach in the West division

(after Saban)
Drake aTm
AG
Randyag15
AG
Olsen said:

Woodward has to offer $100 million for 10 years guaranteed to Jimbo for that to happen

I know but with no buyout and jimbo loves Woodward loves lsu.. why not? I agree it's a bit of a stretch, inside the same conference but who knows.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
W said:

Jimbo is the 2nd most "tenured" coach in the West division

(after Saban)

Saban's tenure is probably the same as the sum of the rest of the west's tenure....
. . .
Bruce Feldman:
Quote:

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M: Fisher, who worked at LSU under Nick Saban, would seem like a possible target for Woodward. He won a national title at FSU before the Seminoles began to backslide and had a breakout season with the Aggies in 2020, leading Texas A&M into the AP top 5. He is 14-3 in the past two seasons with a signature win over his mentor Saban on Oct. 9 in College Station. A&M is, however, paying Fisher a fortune and the program has great resources. He's also already laid his foundation at A&M. But would he be tempted to Baton Rouge, where each of the last three coaches have won national titles? That level of success has proven to be much more elusive in College Station.

Mel Tucker, Michigan State

Four other coaches we think LSU might also give strong consideration
-James Franklin, Penn State
-Mario Cristobal, Oregon
-Mark Stoops, Kentucky
-Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss
hunter2012
AG
Randyag15 said:

The buyout is the contract. It's guaranteed money given up for unguranteed money from a school that will fire you less than 2 years from a MNC if they don't like the results.

This is why we renewed the contract and it's also why the media criticized us, how dare we prevent blue bloods from cherry-picking our coach.
Post removed:
by user
kris_blane
why would u leave a mansion to go live in a duplex?
. . .
Anchorhold
Coach stays because:
Loyal and appreciative fan base
Guaranteed monies
More monies if needed
Limited drama / baggage
People that shower so don't smell like corn dogs
Clear eyes
Full heart
aggiehawg
AG

Surprised. Thought they would have negotiated it down a bit.
jeremiahjt
aggiepanic95 said:

Uhh, no.

Username does not check out.
SchizoAg
AG
Anchorhold said:

Coach stays because:
Loyal and appreciative fan base
Guaranteed monies
More monies if needed
Limited drama / baggage
People that shower so don't smell like corn dogs
Clear eyes
Full heart
"Monies"?

You probably love scratching your fingernails on a chalkboard, amirite?
cottonpatchag
AG
Two things that are fairly certain:
1. The supply chain problems of Christmas trees will make that harbinger a tricky one to predict

2. The cost of hospitalization in the state of Louisiana just got more expensive
katy91
AG
Can someone run by Jimbo's place just to make sure the Halloween decorations aren't out by the curb?
standfast
Cincinnati head coach or just go after Baylor's. Both would be great hires.
StinkyPinky
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Just announced this is his last season… do they steal Jimbo?!?

They wouldn't steal Jimbo. They would buy Jimbo
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.