Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why LSU fans are so annoying

10,203 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dixichkn
sbag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prior to this century, LSU's sole National championship (before a very long drought of mediocrity) was in the Paul Dietzel era of the late '50s. Nick Saban gets them a national championship, and suddenly they think they're hot sh*t again, deserving of one every year. They've been lucky to get two more since Saban. Despite all the phony baloney from announcers about them being a "storied program", they really are just a 21st century phenomenon. They had very few players in the NFL prior to this century, and they are a regional school too. In other words, the program was little more than the name of their fan site, Tiger Droppings.
gigemags-99
AG
Feel better now?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The OP is correct, but the same could be written about us. Except for that bit about the national championship.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
redleg82
AG
Agreed, and Canadian Bacon is really just sliced ham...
milner79
After reading OP, 1939 seems even longer ago than the 82 years it is ...
Buford T. Justice
AG
Don't throw rocks.
Glass houses.
The speck in your neighbors eye.
The log in yours.

Focus on watching the Ags and enjoy the journey.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Rule#2
AG
Wait, did you just say they have 3 national championships in the last 20 years?

Lol
impavidus
AG
Now make one about A&M. You may talk yourself into being a tu fan.
anaggieshusband
I thought this thread was about corn dogs
PooDoo
AG
Maybe "storied program" means there are a lot of stories about their fans doing stupid things?
Tobias Funke
AG
I'm confused.

Your post doesn't really touch on what makes LSU fans annoying. You could have mentioned low IQ, alcoholism, lack of class, really anything.

All you listed were reasons why they should be happy with their football program.

Your spirit is in the right place, but execution was way off. Regroup. Try again.
Bunkhouse96
AG
Rule#2 said:

Wait, did you just say they have 3 national championships in the last 20 years?

Lol

More amazing, under 3 different coaches.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
They are missing teeth, they get so drunk they can't stand, they smell like corn dogs.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Regarding those titles from Nick Saban on, I'd say they were lucky in 2007 when several teams ranked ahead of them lost late, which allowed the swamp kitties to move up to, I believe, the #2 ranking and thereby getting into that title game.

There was absolutely no luck in that 2019 title as that was one of the best teams ever to play. Saban's title came against OU, which at the time was in the prime Bob Stoops era.
camelmenthol
And for his next act OP is going to tell us how overrated Alabama football is because they sucked in the early 2000s
Alpha Texan
AG
They smell like frickin corndogs
FarmersFight95
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Regarding those titles from Nick Saban on, I'd say they were lucky in 2007 when several teams ranked ahead of them lost late, which allowed the swamp kitties to move up to, I believe, the #2 ranking and thereby getting into that title game.

There was absolutely no luck in that 2019 title as that was one of the best teams ever to play. Saban's title came against OU, which at the time was in the prime Bob Stoops era.

While your facts are factual, LSU still had to take care of their own business and control what they can control, which is winning every game they played. Unlike us, who can't seem to make it through a season without a couple of losses that should never happen, on paper at least. I reference Arkie and Miss St. as proof of my logic.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well, the topic wasn't really about the Aggies. Yes, it sucks losing to Pig People and State, but the long run picture looks better with beating Bama.
halfastros81
AG
LSU is like most . The T-shirt's are the issue. For the most part the grads are fine. As far as thinking they are hot and being impatient , also of kind of sounds like everyone else except they do have well above average history .

They have a built in advantage over many in that they are the sole P5 in a talent rich state and they have almost a lock on the top in state recruits. We could do as much as anybody to exploit that if they have an extended period of weakness . I kinda doubt they do. They'll go after and get a good coach. It won't be Jimbo.
sbag
AG
Wrong. Alabama has been great for generations.
sbag
AG
Most people on this thread didn't get my point, which is LSU's football team doesn't have a lot more glorious history than any other team, including ours. They act as if they are football royalty. They are not Alabama or Oklahoma or even USC. They are classic football like Britney Spears is classic music.

Funny story: when I was a kid watching college football, LSU was the team that had the tear away jerseys. That's what I knew them as. The team with jerseys that kept getting torn. I didn't understand why they didn't get better quality shirts!
Tobias Funke
AG
sbag said:

Most people on this thread didn't get my point, which is LSU's football team doesn't have a lot more glorious history than any other team, including ours. They act as if they are football royalty. They are not Alabama or Oklahoma or even USC. They are classic football like Britney Spears is classic music.

Funny story: when I was a kid watching college football, LSU was the team that had the tear away jerseys. That's what I knew them as. The team with jerseys that kept getting torn. I didn't understand why they didn't get better quality shirts!

Yeah but this is objectively very incorrect. So. I think we get your point, it is just miles from accurate.
sbag
AG
And what exactly is incorrect about it?
annie88
AG
Their fans have always been drunk trash.

We played them a lot in the 90s and they were drunk trash then.

But they have won the national championship recently and that does count for something.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
sbag
AG
If LSU had a motto, It would be "Expecting annual gridiron greatness,since 2007."
sbag
AG
You made my point exactly. Recent success gives certain programs a sense of entitlement instead of gratitude.
PascalsWager
AG
They won a +4 turnover game by 1 score at home over a 7-5 team. Whoop dee doo.

Unintended consequence is that Georgia doesn't have the resume to go to the playoff with a SEC championship game loss.
Tobias Funke
AG
sbag said:

And what exactly is incorrect about it?

This:

"LSU's football team doesn't have a lot more glorious history than any other team, including ours."

By literally the only metric that matters, this is so laughably incorrect I'm not even sure what you're saying.

You are essentially stating: "I know national championships are the goal, but just because they have 4 and we have 1 doesn't mean they have a better history than us or anyone else."
sbag
AG
People have trouble with basic reading skills here. I said PRE-2007, LSU was nothing special. They are a RECENT phenomenon. Their "glorious history" was a blip during the Paul Dietzel era, but their fanbase acts like they are ALA-FREAKING-BAMA who should be expecting Nattys ever other year!
sbag
AG
Even Auburn, Florida, and Georgia fans seem to have more reasonable expectations than LSU fans, who are drunk on recent success.
sbag
AG
All-time W-L records:
Alabama: 948-306-42
LSU: 790-410-47
Texas A&M: 740-476-44

LSU's record is padded by what happened in THIS CENTURY. That was my original point.
Traveler
AG
So your problem is that because LSU has only
- been a dominant program for the last 20 years,
- with 3 national championships, and
- put the 1st or 2nd most players in the NFL

LSU fans should not have high expectations and think they should be a dominant program?

And, no team "lucks" into a Natty - otherwise you'd think the Ags would have won at least one since 1939.

Grapes
redleg82 said:

Agreed, and Canadian Bacon is really just sliced ham...

WRONG!!!!
sbag
AG
Notice I never said, "not competitive". Their expectations are unrealistic and insulting to the rest of the SEC.

BTW, Alabama's coach won them a national championship on his way up!
Aggie
AG
sbag said:

People have trouble with basic reading skills here. I said PRE-2007, LSU was nothing special. They are a RECENT phenomenon. Their "glorious history" was a blip during the Paul Dietzel era, but their fanbase acts like they are ALA-FREAKING-BAMA who should be expecting Nattys ever other year!

They won a national title in 2003

Every fan base acts that way..
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.