Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2002 MIzzou game

1,094 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAg15
SilverTongueDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very ironic we will play Mizzou the week after beating #1 just as we did almost 20 years ago. I guess my memory is shot so I looked at the 2002 box score of that game. We lost 33-27 in OT. What I found remarkable was the Dustin Long played most of the game. Did we not start Reggie Mcneal after his performance the week earlier against OU?
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
StinkyPinky
AG
McNeal started but then went down in the first quarter with an ankle injury. This was always the risk with Reggie, he had bad ankles even back at Lufkin.
SilverTongueDevil
I forgot about that.

Also saw that he only passed 13x vs. OU with 4 TD. Incredible and sad that was his best game as an Aggie. He had some moments first half of 2004 season but never met potential. Sorry ass coaching from Frantastic and L. Koenning didnt help.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Aggie
AG
Bonzer103 said:

McNeal started but then went down in the first quarter with an ankle injury. This was always the risk with Reggie, he had bad ankles even back at Lufkin.

That injury kept him sidelined for the Texas game also, game Ags lost 50-20.

But that 2002 A&M squad wasn't very good.
It was loaded with NFL talent but we couldn't put it together. For most of the season.
That OU game was pretty much a fluke.
It was the only Big 12 home game we won that season.. went 1-3 at Kyle in conference games. 3-4 overall at home , other than OU we only beat louisiana Lafayette and louisiana Tech at home that season.
RingOfive
AG
Bonzer103 said:

Yep. Origin of the running ankles joke on TexAgs.
JROD9398
Can't recall, but in 2002, we could have gone 9-3 versus 6-6.

I think 3 of the losses were all OT games

-Tech
-Mizzou
-Nebraska or OK State?
My Name Is Judge
RingOfive said:

Bonzer103 said:

Yep. Origin at the running ankles joke on TexAgs.

People have been repeating that dumbass ankle joke in here for 19 years

Jesus
W
AG
unfortunately Farris and Long could not finish a 4th quarter comeback.

A&M did not have one in R.C.'s last 3 seasons. Lost a bunch of close games via killer interceptions
Aggies2009
AG
Bonzer103 said:

Yep. I remember him missing time in their game against Spring Westfield and came off the bench to win in OT. Same against Euless Trinity in the rain at Rose Stadium in Tyler (one of the best games ever).
TexAg15
AG
What an amazing ironic note
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.