Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday parking and traffic suggestions

1,951 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dlsarmi2
Gameday Traffic Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big football gameday in Aggieland. What should you know about your bus, parking and traffic options? First find all the info here: gameday.12thman.com

Some highlights:
Buy your parking ahead of time go to gameday.12thman.com look for "I need parking" or "pre-pay parking"
Downtown Bryan shuttle is the free park and ride bus. No more mall, no more bank, just lots of bars, restaurants, shops and entertainment options. The route starts at 4pm and you get dropped in front of MSC, close to Kyle. Its just around the corner from the Reed/Olsen stop where you can get out to many of the gameday tailgates.
Get here earlier 2019 traffic is back and there's lots of stuff to do on campus.
Agronomy Road is best place to get day of game parking and we have a shuttle! Again it will drop you in front of the MSC, short walk to Kyle.
You don't have to tag base at Bush/Wellborn or Olsen/Kimbrough. We see lots of people going through those spots who really don't need to be there. Many peds, many cars, loads of chaos try another way!!
Check out the postgame traffic routes so you know which way the parking lots empty. Our main priority is keeping peds and cars away from each other. When the ped flows moderate, we begin opening vehicle routes so if you wait an hour, you can usually move around campus, although it is tough to get onto campus. By 120 minutes, we're beginning to pick up traffic control all over town.
We're fairly nimble and mostly aware of what's going on around campus and around town, so sometimes we change those paths on the fly. We usually open options rather than forcing you in a different direction. But if there's a crash or a train, we will adjust so that you aren't heading into stopped roads.
Postgame remember the one-lane section of FM 2818 under Stotzer causes problems, particularly northbound all the way back to Wellborn Rd. Easiest way to avoid this is to use Texas Ave or Highway 6 to get north. Also can park on the north side Agronomy Rd, Northside Garage and the Bonfire Memorial area. Leave campus and use Villa Maria to get east and west.

Questions? Suggestions?
Have a great weekend!
GTG
KenJohse
AG
My son-in-law and sons are coming to the game. Is the Bush Library parking still available?
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
KenJohse said:

My son-in-law and sons are coming to the game. Is the Bush Library parking still available?
Yes it is.
You can go on the TAMU Mobile app, click on Destination Aggieland, then Football, Parking and Buy Parking
You can buy parking at Lot 43 in the Bush Library area. I suggest reserving a spot now - we're thinking many lots will sell out. The Bush Library shuttle picks up at the corner of Barbara Bush and Research Parkway and drops off in front of the MSC. Begins running at 4pm.
Hope they have a great time!
KenJohse
AG
Thanks. BTHObama.
dlsarmi2
AG
ParkMobile website for parking on TAMU campus: https://tamu.pmreserve.com/

There was still parking at Central and West garage last I checked around 7pm on 10/8/2021.

Gig 'em!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.