Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Best Ag Football Memory

4,743 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oklacityag75
Wearetheaggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's your best Aggie Football Memory?

I'll start. Watching the Ags upset Alabama. Was watching it with my dad and the bar erupted when Johnny recovered that almost dropped ball and threw for a touchdown. Bartender was wearing an Alabama jersey and my dad asked her if she needed a hug. Guy three chairs down fell out of his chair laughing...
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Bonfire game
Bama game
1998 big 12 championship
1986 beat down of auburn/ goal line stand bo Jackson
85 victory over tu 42-10 on Jackie's 42nd birthday
Wearetheaggies
AG
That Auburn goal line stand was awesome. Was watching with three other Ags and we went from "we're screwed" to "holy crap" in a blink. Insane way to end a game.
azul_rain
I always remember my first game. It was 04 and we played Clemson, we sat in the North end zone of kyle field, third deck. I remember there was a visiting Clemson family next to us. Before the game over by where g Rollie was, former players were sitting at tables signing autographs and taking pictures.

Stephen Mcgees touchdown against tu that put us up is also another moment

you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Nino Brown
Reggies TD to Porter. Maybe just because I was there. There was just a different feeling about the future of the program after what he did this day. You could feel it in the stadium.
Thanks Fran.

Wearetheaggies
AG
Great video and game for sure.
AggieTFA06
AG
1. watching Aggie football beat Alabama on CBS in 2012.
2. watching Reggie McNeal lead an upset over #1 OU at Kyle Field in 2002
3. watching raining towels at Kyle Field with Aggie football beating Nebraska in 2010
4. Watching the Wrecking Crew stop OU 3 different times on 4th and goal as Aggie football beats OU at Kyle Field in 2010.
5. watching the 7 OT game in the Alumni Center and celebrating with strangers when Kendrick Rogers catches the game winning 2 point conversion to win.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Krautag81
It was the win against t.u. in 1975. I was standing behind the South end zone when our tight end caught a high pass to score.
cords12
I was at the game when Reggie came in and beat #1 OU. By far my best experience for an in person game. Johnny winning at #1 Bama was just as sweet, but unfortunately I wasn't there in person. Those are definitely the two that stick out in my mind the most
JB93
I was a freshman in 1989 - for me it was beating then #8 University of Houston and Heisman winner Andre Ware. Somehow, I ended up on 3rd deck, front row, 50 yard line. It was so freaking loud. Handed Ware his arse that day. Remember this??

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/brenhambanner.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/35/7351158c-aaef-5f3a-ab7d-98e8cbf3f947/59d6453abfa60.image.jpg
MarathonAg12
Attending the "Were in the SEC Ceremony" at the Bright Center or Track and Field complex the summer of 2012.

Met some of the football players and coach Sumlin.

Watching Bama game via tv was awesome.
Haricougar
AG
1984. I was a senior in the corps. I waited until the game and had just started and scalped a ticket to get in the game. It ended being in the tu alumni section about the 40 yard line.

At this point of the game tu would hand the ball off, I think it was Edwin Simmons, gain 6 yards and the tu fans would boo. Throw the ball they said. Meanwhile Jackie Sherril, who had his breakout win the week before against TCU, led the Aggies to a victory ending a 4 year losing streak. 39-16 I think.

After the game I had no clue where I parked. I am dressed in my class A uniform and senior boots asking teasips for directions. I think they led me down towards the capitol before I finally figured out they were leading me wrong.
maroongoon95
AG
When we lost to Arkansas State at home
1990Hullaballoo
AG
1987 Thanksgiving Day against tu. Winner went to Cotton Bowl.

We kicked off to start the game and they returned it back to about our 35. I was sitting on the top row of the third deck one seat off of the 50. When the tu quarterback went to start the play, the 12th man was yelling and stomping on the bleachers so hard the center and the rest of the tu players could not hear the quarterback calling for the ball. They had to call time out to keep from running out of time. Next play, same thing - the quarterback looked at the ref to help with the noise and the ref motioned he had to play. That just made us yell louder. They never moved a yard on that drive.

It was a repeat for the next two tu drives. You literally couldn't yell loud enough to talk to the person next to you.

We ended up winning the game 20-13 on a Bucky Richardson 7 yard TD. The cotton was floating in the air so thick it looked like it was snowing in Kyle Field. Even made it hard for the TV cameras to get clear pictures.

I couldn't talk for two days. I still have the picture I took of the scoreboard with the cotton flying.

Great time. Great memory.

I think any game we can affect the play on the field is a great one for the 12th man. Been to games since, but never heard the noise like it was that night.

I’ve seen them play since way back when,
And they’ve always had the grit;
I’ve seen ‘em lose and I’ve seen ‘em win,
But I’ve never seen ‘em quit.
cavscout96
AG
Best memory.....

Listening to the B12 Championship game on a transistor radio in a tent in the middle of the Mojave desert. We went nuts on the TD by Parker.

Best memory in attendance.... 12-7 over tu in Austin

Best memory at Kyle Field.... Original RWB game
Jawbreaker
2007 t.u. game.
Dad (67 old season ticket holder) and I watched McGee and Co wreck some shop.
There was this fat sip just stuffing down hot dogs and smacking nachos who always said "Thats a flag" and just being a tool. Everyone around him would grown with despair when he stood up to cheer cause it took him 2 minutes to sit back down.
So game ends and we are all just about to start cheering and my dad turns around and points at this dude and says:
"Get the hell out of my stadium sip!"
He just said and did what we were all thinking.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Best. "85 tu game

Worst 77-0
Ghost91
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Bonfire game
Bama game
1998 big 12 championship
1986 beat down of auburn/ goal line stand bo Jackson
85 victory over tu 42-10 on Jackie's 42nd birthday

Username doesn't check out!
wisdom
AG
So many good ones mentioned here. Being a 2nd generation Ag in the Class of '71, I have experienced so many good ones that I hesitate to discuss just one .....it will leave out so many other good one.
I was in Tiger Stadium in 1975 .....Ags 39, lsu, 8
After many years of them dominating us (however, previous year Ags by 21-14), and this being the last of that series of 16 years, we went away with a big win in the last of the series. That game was all Aggies, from the 1st possession to the end ....the bitter end for the tigers.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Bryanisbest
AG
Turkey Day 1967, Kyle Field, when Buster Adami intercepted tu pass in our own end zone to beat tu and win the SWC Championship 10-7.
AggieOO
98 big 12 championship game. Group of us road tripped up for that game.

Also went to the sugar bowl that season...not so good.
Racer X
AG
'98 Big 12 Championship
My brother and I were at the game. Parker on the slant. We were jumping around. Strangers were hugging everywhere. Dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!
KCup17
AG
Even though we lost the game, Mike Evans 95 yd touch down against bama in 2013 has to be up there. Was in the student section that game and when Mike broke the last tackle, I had a buddy over my shoulder and we went hauling down the row high five-ing everyone going absolutely insane. One of the loudest moments I've ever experienced in Kyle.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Road tripping to Tuscaloosa with some friends and watching Johnny and the Ags take down Alabama in person. Will never forget that game
Russ79
AG
Was on a bowhunt in Encinal when we played the 'sips on the Bonfire game. Listened to the game in my truck- when Brian Gamble recovered the fumble at the end of the game to preserve the win it got so emotional for me that I teared up. Will never forget it.
Wearetheaggies
AG
Very cool game memories folks. Thanks for sharing.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
This and it's not even close, nor ever will be close:

HockeyAg07
AG
The day we fired Fran.
ArcheryAg
When Bucky Richardson entered the game. They don't make 'em like that very much these days.
12thMan9
AG
Propag said:

That Auburn goal line stand was awesome. Was watching with three other Ags and we went from "we're screwed" to "holy crap" in a blink. Insane way to end a game.
What? That stand was early in the 4th, we were up 21-16 at that time.

Anyway, lots of good memories for many. My tops are the '85 & '87 tu games & all 3 of the Cotton Bowls b/c I got to play in those.

My 1st "loud" experience was the '85 opener in Legion Field against 'bama. 75K in attendance, we could feel the vibration from the crowd in the turf. 4 of us 12th Man guys were making the road trip, Coach Sherrill found out & said if we got there he'd have unis for us. So we got to stand on the sideline.

Then we played tu for the conference championship. Nothing came close to that, 18 years of fan frustration to go along with a student body that wouldn't let tu snap the ball, the celebration lasted long into the next day.
Ronnie '88
KidDoc
AG
LSU 7x overtimes! Amazing game to see in person @ Kyle.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AGinHI
AG
I was there for the Bonfire game. Everything else pales in comparison.

However, the '98 Big 12 Championship was uniquely memorable.

Myself and a handful of classmates were working with the Texas Agricultural Extension Service (I believe it's AgriLife now?) near Wichita Falls. We worked well into the evening and had the game playing on the radio in the van. Reception was terrible. So when we finished we drove to some K-Mart parking lot or some such hoping to find a TV playing the game in the electronics department, but no luck, store was closed. Back in the van we go, and if my memory is correct, we drove around a big empty parking lot until we found the best reception.

There we sat in the dark listening to Dave South as the Ags came from behind to beat Kansas State.

Strange, but that is one of the most memorable game experiences I had.
bugslinger
AG
1. I was at at the 2012 bama game. Pretty awesome experience.
2. Raining 12th man towels after beating Nebraska.
3. 2012 Cotton Bowl
Jimbo4win
AG
Jan 1, 1940..I was hungover from Bourbon Street the night before but made it to the Sugar Bowl game and was glad I did! Tulane was good but not good enough that day…
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.