Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Only 2 other D1 coaches have lost fewer games in the last 11 years

1,249 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by alamogeorge
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dabo and Saban.

Fisher is objectively the 3rd best coach in the entire college football landscape.

A lot here need to get over the "fire jimbo" obsession
levypantsEOY
No.
threemeat
I'm trying to remember a Saban team struggling to merely appear competent.
Jimbo4win
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Dabo and Saban.

Fisher is objectively the 3rd best coach in the entire college football landscape.

A lot here need to get over the "fire jimbo" obsession

Yes indeed. Jimbo has a total of 34 losses. Dabo has 27 and Saban has 15. To take it a little further, I believe Jimbo's losses are skewed by the 2017 season, a season in which I believe he knew early on he was coming to A&M AND the 2019 season, a season in which he played the toughest schedule in college football history(with Sumlin's player I might add).

In all of college football, there is only one fan base that is content. That is Alabama. I challenge anyone to name a non delusional fan base that is truly content right now and feels good about their chances to win it all this year.
Aggieair
This is a Kyle Umlang stat-job, and it appears to either be wrong or you failed to properly describe what you were trying to do.

The stat you were trying to cherry pick I believe is who has lost the least amount of games (rather than overall percentage) amongst current active FBS coaches who have been coaching every year of the past 11 years.

If you want a more relevant stat, Jimbo is 10th in career win percentage amongst all active FBS head coaches.
alamogeorge
AG
threemeat said:

I'm trying to remember a Saban team struggling to merely appear competent.

With nothing but 5 star recruits, that isn't surprising.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.