Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

When is the buyout low enough to stomach?

2,769 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BrotherChad
HustlerAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many years until the buyout is low enough?
Post removed:
by user
whytho987654
I see a mutual parting ways in 2-3 years, don't think jimbo will like the environment that we'll create if he keeps embarrassing himself on the field
Midnight Rider
AG
About 7 years from now
frito
AG
We'll probably give an undeserved raise before then again.
swc93
AG
bunch of trollers on this thread.

Sparkie
AG
Rendered Fat said:

He'll quit or leave for another job long before we're in any kind of position to buy him out.

He runs an unnecessarily complex and outdated offense that very few qbs are going to excel in. And we're stuck with this for a long time.
Complex? The moron at Fsu ran it just fine.
whytho987654
Sparkie said:

Rendered Fat said:

He'll quit or leave for another job long before we're in any kind of position to buy him out.

He runs an unnecessarily complex and outdated offense that very few qbs are going to excel in. And we're stuck with this for a long time.
once jameis left they sucked
mjfrog
AG
Dude, I chose not to watch this game. I'll go back and watch it later, but I was expecting our first loss vs Arky since the pre-Johnny days. The NM game disturbed me more than anything I'll see watching the review of the Arky game. Jimbo was clearly frustrated about not only the OL, but more importantly the QB. I knew we were sunk when I saw this in his comments and sideline reactions. I'm still all in on Jimbo. I want to like Calzada, but he reminds me of Vance Smith? The guy that could throw a ball from here to Navasota? What if the receiver is 8 yards deep?
Leander - Ag
AG
He got a raise three weeks ago so,,,
frito
AG
mjfrog said:

Dude, I chose not to watch this game. I'll go back and watch it later, but I was expecting our first loss vs Arky since the pre-Johnny days. The NM game disturbed me more than anything I'll see watching the review of the Arky game. Jimbo was clearly frustrated about not only the OL, but more importantly the QB. I knew we were sunk when I saw this in his comments and sideline reactions. I'm still all in on Jimbo. I want to like Calzada, but he reminds me of Vance Smith? The guy that could throw a ball from here to Navasota? What if the receiver is 8 yards deep?

Why would you want to watch this after the fact... Fan of depression?
SABUILDERAG
This is stupid even by Zoo standards
Faustus
Sparkie said:

Rendered Fat said:

26-1 as a starter, won the Heisman as a freshman
(youngest ever) beating out Manziel, beat Auburn on his 20th birthday for the championship. While Winston may not have measured up intellectually for you, he was more special for Jimbo than JFF was for Sumlin by results.
Wildman15
AG
Ok, I thought I was a cliff jumper after today, but OP needs to chill out. Extremely inexperienced team that Jimbo is dealing with.
HustlerAggie
Sparkie said:

Rendered Fat said:

He was a moron at FSU but a genius here?
zafzo
Sparkie said:

Seafood is considered brain food. Need to give Calzada the inside track on some crab legs.
Faustus
If the past is any guide the best plan is to trot out the most talented player at QB in the nation, regardless of scheme.

Be it JFF, Winston, Sunshine, etc.
Failing that it's best to be Alabama.
threemeat
I have an idea. How about we only keep QBs on the roster who know how to play QB. A kid that has zero touch throwing the football as the center of your team is going to destroy the team. Jimbo is the problem of he still thinks calzone can play at this level.
HustlerAggie
SABUILDERAG said:

This is stupid even by Zoo standards

How so?

Talk about firing an underachieving coach is sub par for the zoo?

You have entirely too high standards for the zoo, my friend..
Dr RC
Rendered Fat said:

His general scheme isn't even the problem. The issue is forcing his QB to be the end all be all. For all the talk about how he has a run based clock eating pro style offense we usually throw the ball twice as much as we run.

Against CU and Ark Calzada dropped back an average of 40 times per game. Meanwhile Spiller and Achane? They ran the ball a total of 34 times COMBINED in those two games. It's not like we were down 20 points all game and had to throw so much to come back either. There were low scoring close contests.
HustlerAggie
Dr RC said:

Rendered Fat said:

His general scheme isn't even the problem. The issue is forcing his QB to be the end all be all. For all the talk about how he has a run based clock eating pro style offense we usually throw the ball twice as much as we run.

Against CU and Ark Calzada dropped back an average of 40 times per game. Meanwhile Spiller and Achane? They ran the ball a total of 34 times COMBINED in those two games. It's not like we were down 20 points all game and had to throw so much to come back either. There were low scoring close contests.

Yikes
Jawbreaker
swc93 said:

bunch of trollers on this thread.

No lies detected
BrotherChad
AG
Bump
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.