Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reminder for lurking hog fans...

5,067 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Guppy91
tfunk02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gump 02
AG
and by Saturday evening…
PeekingDuck
The Dirty Sock
Fun Facts:
  • 3 Overtime games
  • 5 of those games won by a touchdown or less
  • Average win by 2 TD
  • 9 times
  • epstein didn't kill himself
dcg4403
AG
So at what point, do we get to call the Hog our little BIATCHES? Or have they been in that status for several years now?

I take that back. We need this win 1st!! Knock on wood.
pete85
AG
Arkansas leads the overall series at 41-33-3.

-Kyle Dumbf#g
Alpha Texan
AG
I grew up loving the Yankees (ARod sux but I was in it for Jeter) and the cowboys. People talk smack about how all but a couple of my teams' championships were before I was even born. Fine. I apply the same logic to this series. AGS are 9-3 since 1999 and that's 9 in a row. BTHO pig.
merch
In strange way the dominance is what adds to my concern about Saturday….it is inevitable that they break through at some point. Winning 9 of 10 against an opponent is dominance at highest level, expected to be perfect isn't realistic.
buffalo chip
S
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Will be delicious to see us overtake them sometime in my lifetime!
Alpha Texan
AG
merch said:

In strange way the dominance is what adds to my concern about Saturday….it is inevitable that they break through at some point. Winning 9 of 10 against an opponent is dominance at highest level, expected to be perfect isn't realistic.
I look at it like a Bernoulli distribution with that regard (Stat 211 is paying off). If we throw out intensity, skill. and experience we can simply say that 2 teams are going to play, so there are two outcomes: We win or they win. Us winning last year gives us no different than a 50-50 chance this year.

A fair coin could land on heads 10 times in a row, but that doesn't mean it is more likely to land on tails on the 11th. The trial starts over on every coin flip, or every matchup.

Winning 9 in a row doesn't make me feel like we will lose just because "we have to lose at some point," but that Bernoulli thing doesn't account for the real factors that I mentioned. Arkansas has a very experienced team that's playing with a lot of passion, swagger. and this weekend, they'll bring the "hat" since they're sick of losing to us.

All that said, we're a better team, and I believe in the Cuban Missile. Winners win. 31-20 ags on top. btho pigs and their h1n1
TexAg15
AG
merch said:

I want a Florida/Kentucky type of streak going. I want Leon O'Neal III on the squad talking about how long the streak is.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
JustisWalkert
AG
The Dirty Sock
FYI, in my head I was like "I don't recall beating arky 9 times" in my head...AND it was in that lady's voice.
merch
Correct, the next flip is still 50/50, but over time if you keep flipping it, heads and tails will even out. Feels like we are in for things to start evening out!

And anyway, this isn't a coin flip. Things get in players heads. Plenty of teams show up to play Bama and they already lost before game started because Bama is in their head.
tfunk02
AG

BenTheGoodAg
AG
DGAG92
AG
I wonder if the Alabama fans have a thread on their boards for the 7 times they've beat us in a row?
Class of 1992
AggieArchitect04
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Arkansas' longest winning streak is 9 games, from '58-'66. Let's go for the record Ags.
Dr Lane Trowlan
merch said:

Alabama hasn't lost to Arkansas since 2006. 14 straight wins.
Arkansas beat TCU every year from 1959-1980. 22 straight wins.
Notre Dame beat Navy every year from 1964-2006. 43 straight wins.
A&M beat TCU every year from 1973-1995. 24 straight wins.

Streaks happen. Each year is unique, and we're the better team, with better players, with better coaches, and it's a neutral site. We should win.
Run The Damn Ball
OKC~Ag
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

merch said:

Streaks happen. Each year is unique, and we're the better team, with better players, with better coaches, and it's a neutral site. We should win.
Cool stats...we're basically master of TCU and oddly Arkansas has owned TCU too

In recent era...says past 20 year...winning streak of 10 or more would be rare ( except series involving bama )
halfastros81
AG
From a fan's perspective They don't even think about it because they do it to just about everyone. They don't even pay attention until you beat them. Every opponent is viewed as nothing more than a speed bump. Until the speed bump damages the vehicle it's not even notable to them.
Guy Young
This thread delivers.
jokershady
AG
ccatag
AG
pete85 said:

-Kyle Dumbf#g

The Aggies have beaten Arkansas 9 straight games.

Guess what?
If the Aggies beat Arkansas 9 straight more times the Aggies will then lead the overall series.

Al Bula
AG
The hog game of 2014 made me throw a perfectly good A&M shirt on the grill, drown it in lighter fluid and torch it. Then we came back and won.

I never even got a thank you from Sumlin for doing my part.
aggiebones
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

Will be delicious to see us overtake them sometime in my lifetime!

Frankly I expect to beat them another 10 years. They aren't close to catching us talentwise, despite they are media darling this week.
wisdom
AG
&ct=g
GAC06
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

merch said:

We beat TCU most recently in 2001
gigemags-99
AG
Guppy91
AG

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.