Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Whatever happened to Brothers Before Others?

3,549 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by infinity ag
Gigem713
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When I was in a fraternity we had a rule brothers before others. This meant you always look out for your fraternity brothers even before you look out for yourself or a girl you like. We were invited to the SEC fraternity and they made plans behind our back and those plans hurt us in football and its all just insulting that they would pick their own money interests or the girl they like (tu) before us. Whatever happened to brothers before others?

As far as I'm concerned, we can just Signed Love Betty the whole SEC now.
1876er
AG
Newsflash, your "brothers" would have ditched you in a heartbeat for one of the hot girls.
Also, SEC was never a fraternity. You were naive to think otherwise.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Dolloritos before amigos
gabe7609
Texas A&M has fraternities?
Flashdiaz
AG
Lol this is business.
Showstopper
AG
Turned into "lick it before you stick it"
fightintxaggie10
AG
If you're saying fraternity loyalty and conference loyalty have a lot to do with money and looking out for yourself, then I say great analogy.
Win At Life
AG
Gigem713 said:

When I was in a fraternity we had a rule brothers before others. This meant you always look out for your fraternity brothers even before you look out for yourself or a girl you like. We were invited to the SEC fraternity and they made plans behind our back and those plans hurt us in football and its all just insulting that they would pick their own money interests or the girl they like (tu) before us. Whatever happened to brothers before others?

Yeah, fraternity brothers first, until you get drunk passed out and your brothers dump you in the bathtub to keep you from puking all over the house while your little sisters draw pee pees and wee wees on your forehead.
whytho987654
1876er said:

Newsflash, your "brothers" would have ditched you in a heartbeat for one of the hot girls.
Also, SEC was never a fraternity. You were naive to think otherwise.
bingo, unless it was one of your best friends in your fraternity they would have dipped for a hottie. And the thing is, A&M does not have any best friends in the sec
cevans_40
AG
Renting your friends
Gigem713
There was a time when this was all different, and better.
Not Funny
Brothers before others? LOL!

More like:

Sankey kowtows
To Austin dildos
JustisWalkert
AG
That went out the door with Mike Slive.
PneumAg
Threads like this are what give people ammunition to make fun of us. "But I thought we were brothers and we all looked out for each other, derp derp derp" /folksy naive voice.

Dude, we're talking about arms length business transactions worth potentially hundreds of millions of dollars. There is no "brotherhood." There is each individual actor looking out for its own best interest. All of this should have been expected by our administration and planned for. The fact that it was not speaks volumes.

Apparently, even after dealing with the sips for a hundred ****ing years, the people in charge at A&M still haven't learned to watch their backs. I have always rolled my eyes when people here or especially on premium talk about the "SEC brotherhood." LSU, Alabama, etc. are all snakes just like the sips. They hate us and most everybody else too. They just happen to be bound by conference bylaws that prevent them from totally ****ing other conference members over.

We should be assuming at all times that everybody, including the conference itself, are looking to **** us over, and we should conduct our affairs accordingly. This is not a brotherhood. It's politics, and everything and everyone is expendable if it benefits your athletic program. That's how A&M needs to operate.
Tex117
AG
Sure are alot Aggies that really bought into SEC marketing.
Tex117
AG
PneumAg said:

Threads like this are what give people ammunition to make fun of us. "But I thought we were brothers and we all looked out for each other, derp derp derp" /folksy naive voice.

Dude, we're talking about arms length business transactions worth potentially hundreds of millions of dollars. There is no "brotherhood." There is each individual actor looking out for its own best interest. All of this should have been expected by our administration and planned for. The fact that it was not speaks volumes.

Apparently, even after dealing with the sips for a hundred ****ing years, the people in charge at A&M still haven't learned to watch their backs. I have always rolled my eyes when people here or especially on premium talk about the "SEC brotherhood." LSU, Alabama, etc. are all snakes just like the sips. They hate us and most everybody else too. They just happen to be bound by conference bylaws that prevent them from totally ****ing other conference members over.

We should be assuming at all times that everybody, including the conference itself, are looking to **** us over, and we should conduct our affairs accordingly. This is not a brotherhood. It's politics, and everything and everyone is expendable if it benefits your athletic program. That's how A&M needs to operate.
Nope. This is fan fiction.

Its just business. hundreds of millions of dollars at stake. Plain and simple.

There isn't any "hate" there.
Class of 65
AG
There was no fraternity when I attended A @ M.
rbcs_2
AG
My take on this is, I don't recall ever hearing a more lame phrase than "brothers before others."
Unemployed
AG
You sound like a country bumpkin.
infinity ag
Gigem713 said:

I don't think the SEC did not inform A&M leadership. Our guys just didn't tell us.
Divining Rod
maybe it was "brothers, be for others"
Nino Brown
Bro's before hoes?

And the ho is back.
1975AggieD
Bros before d*ldos!
respite
Not Funny said:

Brothers before others? LOL!

More like:

Sankey kowtows
To Austin dildos

Do you think this rhymes?

rootube
AG
If you are not a sip troll then all I can say is you likely made some poor choices in college.
dixichkn
AG
100% understood. NOW. But you can't blame people for being a little disappointed that, after 100 years of backstabbing and political sniping in the SWC/BDF, we thought we'd found a little more hospitality in the SEC and left all that BS behind. For 10 years it was pretty much true, minor spats here and there but nothing huge.

Then all of a sudden...... same as it ever was. Yeah, the disillusionment is now over
agmag90
I can't believe some TA posters actually live in the real world
agent-maroon
AG
It'$ a my$tery to be $ure...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Swamp Thing
Gigem713 said:

There are a surprising amount of SEC fans who still don't view Arkansas and South Carolina as "real" SEC members...There's a nice base layer facade of camaraderie, in that it's fun to chant "SEC" at Northwestern when they lose the Tangerine Bowl to Kentucky or whatever, but there's no actual brotherhood or sticking out for each other in that type of way.
Swamp Thing
dixichkn said:

100% understood. NOW. But you can't blame people for being a little disappointed that, after 100 years of backstabbing and political sniping in the SWC/BDF, we thought we'd found a little more hospitality in the SEC and left all that BS behind. For 10 years it was pretty much true, minor spats here and there but nothing huge.

Then all of a sudden...... same as it ever was. Yeah, the disillusionment is now over
Now that your bubble has been burst, just be thankful that you're at the big boys table...And that once all the tectonic plates have shifted, you'll be standing on solid ground.
AngryAG
Were we Eskimo Brothers with Mississippi State?
Bassinagfan
Obviously, we were never a brother. A step brother at most.
infinity ag
I hate all the victimhood mentality we have accumulated. Oh, woe is me, no one loves me. Screw that.

Either the rest of the SEC kept us in the dark, or our AD kept us fans in the dark, one of the two. Let's move on. Once we start winning some hardware, we become a "big boy" ourselves. No one had a God given right to be at the top. Not even Alabama. So let's focus on recruiting, coaching and winning - something Jimbo is doing. Once we become a big brand, people will stop messing with us. Until then we are great only in our own minds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.