Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does it have to be a package deal?

2,786 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by alamogeorge
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we say yes to OU and No to t.u.?
hunter2012
AG
A little early for the bargaining stage. But I agree.
W
AG
that could be a compromise position for several schools
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
OU and the Taliban... yes.

OU and the poisonous, toxic, arrogant, dild0-wielding teasips? No way!
halfastros81
AG
Lots of people saying the same thing . Add OU and Va Tech. I don't know that it makes any business sense To the SEC to expand at all but if it does leave the burnt Orange cancer out of it.
Ag Tag
halfastros81 said:

Lots of people saying the same thing . Add OU and Va Tech. I don't know that it makes any business sense To the SEC to expand at all but if it does leave the burnt Orange cancer out of it.
Perfect idea! Add OU and a school from the east. Could be N.C., for example.
greg.w.h
AG
Why add Oklahoma? They were complicit in Austin shenanigans all along.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Yes, ou would have to be packaged with the sips.

Getting both would invite a furious response from the B1G and ACC. The only way the SEC risks that is to make a huge move.
halfastros81
AG
Complicit. I guess. They went along for the ride to be sure. I don't love Ou In the SEC but I could live with it without getting sick to my stomach . The idea of tu in the SEC is just sickening.

To put it another way, we should fight tu to the SEC tooth and nail and spend political capital in doing so. Keeping OU out ain't worth the effort
njohn87
AG
There are plenty of factors and parties that could trip up Texas and OU to the SEC- state politics, a great offer from another conference, another 11th hour Big 12 rights deal that's enough to convince them to stay- but it's time to make peace with the fact that the SEC itself isn't going to say no.
AWP 97
AG
OU adds no value. Just because they are good at football. Oklahoma is 28th in state population and they aren't a national brand. If it's about eyeballs, streams, and money, then there are much better options.

The Dallas Cowboys suck and they are worth more than any other team because people love them or hate them. They have eyeballs. I'd want any other two teams in the nation besides tu and ou in the SEC. We need to take our time and find the best two.
TyperWoods
If taking OU means no tu, I'm for it
alamogeorge
AG
greg.w.h said:

Why add Oklahoma? They were complicit in Austin shenanigans all along.
To spite tu.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
LB12Diamond
AG
If the SEC tells OU we only want you. What do you think they are going to do. I have a pretty good guess.

Maybe they are our permanent non pod opponent and we play them in Dallas to make up for them losing their game with the sips.
13B
Why on earth would you want ou? Both should be a hard NO! Do none of you remember all of their negative recruiting and arrogance? They are like t.u. lite, the Diet Coke of Sips...I don't want either one. Both would be recruiting rivals and we won't have Jimbo forever. We have an advantage we need to keep.
alamogeorge
AG
AWP 97 said:

OU adds no value. Just because they are good at football. Oklahoma is 28th in state population and they aren't a national brand. If it's about eyeballs, streams, and money, then there are much better options.

Oklahoma is one of the richest brands. I'm not sure where you're getting your data. They are also ranked in this Emory University study as one of the top fan bases.

The rankings are based on relative economic performance relative to winning rates and investment
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.