Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FOIA requests

5,801 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SunrayAg
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I urge everyone to make FOIA requests in relation to each institution and their discussions with any committee member. Just as we saw with FIFA, there is too much money to not have one or a few of them taking kickbacks and bribes. It's time we blow the system up and prove fraudulent behavior. Let's go lawyer Ags, do something useful as I am. These are public universities and all communications are bound under these requests. Let's ****ing go and let's actually see some real meaningful change.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Or we could've just beat Bama
Sponge
AG
Should we stock up on some tin foil hats as well?
45-70Ag
AG
If a private school like vandy, or duke is a part of that......can't foia. Biggest benefit for conferences keeping private schools is avoiding foia.
Speckled Trout
AG
45-70Ag said:

If a private school like vandy, or duke is a part of that......can't foia. Biggest benefit for conferences keeping private schools is avoiding foia.

Not how it works.
45-70Ag
AG
You can't foia athletic conferences because of private schools.
Duckhook
AG
Release the Kraken!
wbt5845
AG
I bet OP is a blast at parties.
greg.w.h
AG
45-70Ag said:

You can. They both receive federal funds and fiscal corruption can halt those outlays. But you have to make the case.
Jason C.
AG
Tibbers said:

I urge everyone to make FOIA requests in relation to each institution and their discussions with any committee member. Just as we saw with FIFA, there is too much money to not have one or a few of them taking kickbacks and bribes. It's time we blow the system up and prove fraudulent behavior. Let's go lawyer Ags, do something useful as I am. These are public universities and all communications are bound under these requests. Let's ****ing go and let's actually see some real meaningful change.

Everything is up to Pence on January 6....sorry, wrong board
Dr Lane Trowlan
Tibbers said:

You're an idiot.
usmcbrooks
FtBendTxAg said:

Or change the rules like the ACC and B1G did in order to play for a conference championship.
BigOil
AG
classic.
Eike Mlko
FtBendTxAg said:

Sounds easy enough
HarveyBirdman
AG
STFU

How do you know we didnt try to grease the wheels and just didnt do it as well as some others? Be careful what you wish for
Ag CPA
AG
No surprise that the OP spends most of his time on the politics board; let me guess the election was also fraudulent.
45-70Ag
AG
I remember people here trying to foia Baylor and the big 12 when left for the sec. got shot down

Tibbers
https://transparency.uiowa.edu/public-records-requests/instructions-submitting-public-records-request

Seems like University of Iowa allows it.
ElephantRider
AG
Let's not embarrass ourselves
hangman
I think it could be a good idea. Even if there isn't anything, at least they know we are keeping an eye out and going to look into their stuff if they snub us. We know ESPN isn't helping us.

I read leaving A&M out wouldn't cause as much trouble for them as tOSU or ND. Let's cause them some inconvenience, any way we can, so they think twice next time. Or we can do things the non combative way so they know those "nice aggies" will never cause any trouble for us, let's snub them again next year.
hangman
May not have worked but we were able to leave and we left the Big 12 as a dumpster conference. I'm sure Baylor had to release some emails as part of their sexual assault stuff too.
OldArmyBrent
AG
The conferences are not government institutions. This is absurd.

You think all the data coming into the committee room is also changed? What about the iPads given to committee members with all the game tape cut snap to whistle? Might as well go big if we're making up conspiracy theories.
The world needs another Pinochet.
OldArmyBrent
AG
hangman said:

I think it could be a good idea. Even if there isn't anything, at least they know we are keeping an eye out and going to look into their stuff if they snub us. We know ESPN isn't helping us.

I read leaving A&M out wouldn't cause as much trouble for them as tOSU or ND. Let's cause them some inconvenience, any way we can, so they think twice next time. Or we can do things the non combative way so they know those "nice aggies" will never cause any trouble for us, let's snub them again next year.

They could also respond with resolving always to hold everything against those "******* Aggies." Or at least until the whole committee turns over in 3 years.
Tibbers
ElephantRider said:

Let's not embarrass ourselves

These are public universities making big changes in rules to greatly affect young kids' opportunities. Your lack of fight is more embarrassing or just sit back and rely on the same institutions to do it again and again.

As the FIFA scenario cleared showed, there is too much money involved to not have at least one of their members not make a mistake. My money of course is on Gary Barta for his role in changing the rules for Ohio State to be in the champ game and for his role in changing the rule from a 21-day quarantine. Let's see if I'm right.

To do nothing for fear of repercussion is just sad, but expected from OldArmyAgs.
8T2
Tibbers said:

Sorry, my Christmas vacation started on Friday. My POIA appetite just dropped to near zero.

Besides, we have a guy on the committee. Just go buy RC a beer and ask him about it.
500,000ags
AG
We didn't even need to beat Bama, we just needed to stay within 2 TDs when at home.
Triple-T
AG
Are you talking about the obvious blatant and fraudulent cheating in the election of the most powerful electef position in the entire world?

Or in the world of College athletics, where "nobody cheats"?
BuenAg
Keep us posted. You clearly have plenty of time on your hands.

Your efforts seem pretty silly. Also, you're not really an aggrieved party, nor do you have a right to any sort of remedy.
Speckled Trout
AG
45-70Ag said:

You can't foia athletic conferences because of private schools.

That's not why conferences aren't subject to FOIA requests.
Tobias Funke
AG
Who the hell has time for this nonsense?
OldArmyBrent
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Who the hell has time for this nonsense?

Certainly not a guy with a job as both a therapist and an analyst.
Tibbers
You clearly don't understand the process haha. Wow.
BuenAg
Tibbers said:

You clearly don't understand the process haha. Wow.

Explain it to us then, por favor.
Tibbers
Read the link, there is even a FAQ to clearly spell out each of your questions. Simply click the link and read it. Do you really think journalists or even private citizens can't make requests? That they have to prove standing? Aw buddy. Thanks for the laugh.
hangman
This is an easy way to hold powerful people accountable for their actions. They may be smart enough to keep this off public domains by now, but at least they know someone will check what's available. The BIG 10 has had multiple big cover ups. Unfortunately those were much more serious than football playoffs. It never hurts to have an extra pair of eyes though.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.