Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Summy trying to make up for UCLA

5,532 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Coryhub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Down 35-0 in 2nd qtr.. setting up epic comeback from 35 down to exercise the demons of UCLA and then he can turn his coaching career around.. #yessir

Pathetic down 35-0 to an 0-2 ASU
fightinag
He gone
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Cancelled
AG
It's comical
Leander - Ag
AG
What a fraud
monarch
S
42-7 late 2nd half; are you kidding me?
Peace for Ukraine!
MarathonAg12
Time to move on guys.

In JIMBO we trust.
wiggythump
AG
?v=1544200584
AgBQ-00
AG
Do you make the demons do burpies or run gassers to exercise them?
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
Windy City Ag
AG
Grant Gunnell - 12-17 for 78 yards and one pick.

Noel Mazzone keeps working his magic.
Al Bula
AG
Nah it is fun to make fun of Sumlin and his train wreck.

He was made rich many times over by A&M.
TheAccidentalAg
AG
I wish I had 2 former employers paying me.
PyriteAg
AG
This game is grueling. Arizona's players are constantly making mistakes and getting hurt. This is a complete train wreck, even for Sumlin's standards.

Jimbo's words on mastering the fundamentals and getting physical are ringing louder more than ever.
DallasAg 94
aggiephoenix02
DallasAg 94 said:

Following Sumlin and making fun of him, is like having dated the hot chick in HS, having a kid with her, then making fun of her fat husband, years after you dumped her.
No it's not.

And I doubt anyone is following him. More like watching the only college football game on right now...
Aston04
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Grant Gunnell- Talented qb- sucking while forced on the field with a bad shoulder... And previous stud qb was run off the team...All this sounds sounds familiar for some reason? Huh...
Builder93
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Following Sumlin and making fun of him, is like having dated the hot chick in HS, having a kid with her, then making fun of her fat husband, years after you dumped her.

Only if it was an arranged marriage.
padreislandagfan
YESSIR !!!!
63-7
#WRTS
EliteZags
AG
that game was a lot closer than the score would indicate
jrdaustin
AG
My brother-in-law is an Arizona alum. I warned him when they hired Sumlin that it was likely to be a trying experience for him. We all spent Thanksgiving together year before last. The Wildcats played right before we played the 7OT game against LSU, and I watched the Wildcats pull a UCLA type performance by jumping out to a 40-21 lead at the end of the third quarter, then fade through the 4th to lose the game 41-40.

I'm not gonna call him tonight.
Snap E Tom
jrdaustin said:

My brother-in-law is an Arizona alum. I warned him when they hired Sumlin that it was likely to be a trying experience for him. We all spent Thanksgiving together year before last. The Wildcats played right before we played the 7OT game against LSU, and I watched the Wildcats pull a UCLA type performance by jumping out to a 40-21 lead at the end of the third quarter, then fade through the 4th to lose the game 41-40.

I'm not gonna call him tonight.
Call him.
PlanetAggie
AG
Coryhub said:

exercise the demons of UCLA

Exorcise.
SABUILDERAG
TheAccidentalAg said:

I don't understand this thought process. If you really wish you were so bad at your job that two people were paying real money for you to go away and work for someone else in the same industry, you are wired different than I am.
Ric Clark
That was fun watching KS have his butt handed to him 70-7. He is 0-12 for the season....

Fortune Favors Valor
Eike Mlko
Well at least Andre Ware has us in his top 4
aggiephoenix02
Texagtrojan said:

Well at least Andre Ware has us in his top 4
He was talking us up. He also said Ohio State shouldn't be a playoff team due to a lack of games played.

Andre Ware said that... Kinda cool!
texag101
SABUILDERAG said:

TheAccidentalAg said:

I don't understand this thought process. If you really wish you were so bad at your job that two people were paying real money for you to go away and work for someone else in the same industry, you are wired different than I am.
Some work for money. Some work for respect. Some do both. Mixed in are those like you who don't understand the difference.
ElephantRider
AG
Windy City Ag said:

NZONE
Harry Dunne
SABUILDERAG said:

TheAccidentalAg said:

Most of us don't work in a profession where we get fired if we aren't at the top of the field year after year. Its dumb to compare coaching D1 football to something like being a builder...or accountant or any other average joe job where as long as you meet a reasonable standard you keep your job.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TheAccidentalAg said:

I just don't understand how anyone hires someone who just got paid $10 million to leave the exact same job they're looking to get hired for. If someone is willing to fork over that kind of cash to get rid of them, why would you want them?
coupland boy
AG
Ric Clark said:

That was fun watching KS have his butt handed to him 70-7. He is 0-12 for the season....

That's a long grinding season in these uncertain times
The Dirty Sock
Dancing on his grave.

He's paid plenty to take this kind of internet abuse. Please continue.
Agvet12
AG
Harry Dunne said:

SABUILDERAG said:

TheAccidentalAg said:

Most of us don't work in a profession where we get fired if we aren't at the top of the field year after year. Its dumb to compare coaching D1 football to something like being a builder...or accountant or any other average joe job where as long as you meet a reasonable standard you keep your job.

Most coaches are reasonable at 6-6 / 7-5 the higher the win column the lower the number of coaches.

You're watching Enron's accounting team or GEs for that matter lol.
Harry Dunne
Agvet12 said:

Harry Dunne said:

SABUILDERAG said:

TheAccidentalAg said:

Most coaches are reasonable at 6-6 / 7-5 the higher the win column the lower the number of coaches.

You're watching Enron's accounting team or GEs for that matter lol.
No, you're watching a better than average coach having a terrible year. He's been "reasonable" or better most of his career and he's certainly crapping the bed right now, but he's still 158-95 over his career, which makes him a 7-5 guy.

He lucked into some good QBs and no doubt he should not have gotten the money he did here (or at Arizona), but being overpaid and in over his head doesn't make him the sad sack loser you are painting him out to be.

IDK anything about him personally and judging on the dumpster fire at Arizona maybe he's having some sort of personal meltdown or has lost the work ethic or enthusiasm he had as a younger coach...but IMO at his best he's a good G5 coach in over his head that I don't hate for taking the money when it was offered to him.

And for those of you saying he owes KK money, Kliff couldn't get it done at tech with the best QB in this generation and he wouldn't give a scholarship to a Heisman Trophy winner, so he sounds more like Sumlin 2.0 to me and I'm not sure why we are writing a different story about him just because he "cool guyed" his way into an NFL job.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.