Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Good article on the Vanderbilt-Sarah Fuller situation

13,113 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheAngelFlight
Mr. Rhythm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Link

I don't care about her kicking for Vanderbilt, good for her for getting on the field and doing a squib kick.

Giving a halftime speech where she calls out her teammates for not cheering enough on the sideline? That is beyond the pale. Know your place, and have some situational awareness.

These guys have been playing together since the two-a-days in Fall Camp, and have faced Florida, Alabama, Georgia, et al. You've been playing soccer. They've been through the ringer together, you've played soccer. Show some respect, know your place, and shut the hell up.

I don't care how loud teammates cheer on the sideline, Vanderbilt isn't going to beat Bama. Not only is her speech insulting, it shows how little she actually knows about football.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Dear diary...

The halftime speech situation is awkward and unnecessary. Agree that women's soccer doesn't equate to American football. Different etiquette and norms all around.

But hey, good for her for stepping up to be the kicker.

sharpdressedman
This publicity-grabbing farce is being more clearly exposed by the hour.
Aggie
AG
And the SEC named her co- special teams player of the week?

For what

Really just cheapened that award for future receipts
Aggie
AG
And I'm sure the Vandy players were " cheering on their teammates" .. but I'm also 100% positive it wasn't on the level of a women's soccer team or softball team and that's what she was referencing to ... so she thought she needed to intervene

Guys don't cheer like cheerleaders, don't do chants ect

TheHoneybadger
AG
Oh yeah, the "equality" thing again. And who wants to bet that if she were to get hit (equally, of course) during her brave choice to play in a P5 conference that the life of the guy who hits her might be ruined by SJWs? I mean, how dare he? He would be branded a sexist, benched, and doxxed for life for abusing a female. My comment might anger libs since I assumed her gender.
Post removed:
by user
rgag12
AG
third coast.. said:

as someone said in another thread, if she was humble and talked about how it was a great experience and was just happy to be there etc it would be fine, but getting this big head and acting like she is some champion of global equality is just ridiculous.

Yep she sounds like an SJW looking to exploit the victim status that society has decided to give women in order to obtain more fame and money.
oneeyedag
Mason owns this, as does the soccer coach. 50 plus kids on a roster, a punter who kicks and his 0-7 butt decides to trot out a sjw to save the day.

That's how you build a team, by throwing current players under the bus.
Post removed:
by user
My Name Is Judge
Knowing that she gave a dumb**** halftime speech right before she shanked her kickoff makes this idiotic stunt a little more enjoyable
TMartin
After a girl eventually gets seriously injured in a men's sport the SJWs are going to scream for the end of that sport.
Ian Neff
AG
Fired the next day.
Aggie
AG
TMartin said:

After a girl eventually gets seriously injured in a men's sport the SJWs are going to scream for the end of that sport.

Well there is a reason that every girl that has ever played the sport .......were all kickers.

But if a kicker or place kicker

If you have a female place kicker as a coach you forfeit any type of trick play with the kicker handling the ball. Could you imagine the les Miles fake Fg flip to the kicker if the kicker was a girl.

What about on a kickoff a returner breaks free and it's up to the girl to try and tackle him.... not gonna be pretty

cj774
AG
Aggie said:

TMartin said:

Well there is a reason that every girl that has ever played the sport .......were all kickers.

But if a kicker or place kicker

If you have a female place kicker as a coach you forfeit any type of trick play with the kicker handling the ball. Could you imagine the les Miles fake Fg flip to the kicker if the kicker was a girl.

What about on a kickoff a returner breaks free and it's up to the girl to try and tackle him.... not gonna be pretty

Good point. Football would truly become ruined.
Spyderman
AG
Be careful what you say here...many women wanted Hillary as POTUS you know.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I coached JH football in my first job out of college. I had two girls come out for football. They were by far the slowest on the team. I put them on the O line.

TH36
Would smash...
Saint Pablo
This type of stuff occupies waaaaaaaaay too much headspace for a lot of posters here.
Saint Pablo
FoOtBaLl MaN lEt SoCcEr GiRl PlAy FoOtBaLl!!!!!!!! mY sAtUrDaY iS rUiNeD!!!!!
Aggies1322
AG
Saint Pablo said:

This type of stuff occupies waaaaaaaaay too much headspace for a lot of posters here.
You know things like this cause real distractions for a team right? That team had just played Florida close and then Mizzou shuts them out and runs them off the field? Are you saying you think there was no distraction caused by what was clearly a gimmick?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Matt Walsh wrote an excellent article about how Sarah Fuller immediately proved that women don't belong in men's sports. With Vanderbilt trailing 21-0, Fuller gave a foolish halftime speech right before a horrible kickoff. Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason clearly made this publicity stunt because he knew he was going to get fired by the end of the season. He was fired the next day.

AgPediRPh
AG
Saint Pablo said:

yep. And no surprise she pissed off the Daily Wire. Yawn
aTmAg
AG
I love how triggered libs try to cover up their triggeredness by accusing everybody else of being triggered.
ABattJudd
AG
When I was coaching high school JV football, we played a team that had a girl at noseguard. My center was so nervous to block her because of where his hands would go. I told him, "hey, she wants to be out there, you treat her like any other opponent and put her on her backside."

I guess he took my advice, because they ended up dating for a while after that.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
TexasAggiesWin
S
If you watched the game live (or a replay of this kick), you can hear some crowd excitement before the kick. However, once she squib kicked the ball 20 yards, it sounded like the entire stadium went silent collectively wondering, WTF
Saint Pablo
Aggies1322 said:

Saint Pablo said:

You know things like this cause real distractions for a team right? That team had just played Florida close and then Mizzou shuts them out and runs them off the field? Are you saying you think there was no distraction caused by what was clearly a gimmick?
You know the team was 0-6 coming into this game? They were close with UF for half a game of football and lost by three scores. I bet they were gonna turn it around this year and not lose by 41 if they hadn't brought in a girl at kicker!

Their kicking team got covided, the rest of the student body was home for break and they couldn't hold open tryouts, so they brought in a girl from the best soccer team in the conference to run a pooch kick on a garbage team. Who dafuq cares?
Max Power
AG
This whole situation is so completely ludicrous to begin with. She wasn't there in the name of equality or merit, it was publicity pure and simple.

If she had real character she would have refused to play for a team that she did not earn a spot by merit. It's a slap in the face to each player on that roster that has worked their tails off for who knows how long to earn a football scholarship to a place like Vanderbilt. It's also a slap in the face to the coaches as well, I definitely wonder how on board Mason was with this whole thing, gut feeling is not at all. If she was truly trying to motivate these guys, it's pretty easy to see why they wouldn't be happy about it.

How would the Vanderbilt women's soccer team feel about a man suiting up to play with them in the name of equality? I'm thinking they wouldn't be keen on it.

I would like to know whose idea this was to begin with. I'm assuming it's a member of the administration with a particular axe to grind.

I have a daughter and I hope to make clear to her that in no way was this about advancing equality, and if she were to ever be put in a similar situation hopefully she would be smart enough to see through it. Don't allow yourself to be a tool for another's agenda, be your own person. If this girl had worked and become good enough to be a legitimate division 1 kicker, I would be totally on board with this, but that isn't what happened here, it was a spectacle created by a small group to pat themselves on the back.
aTmAg
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Aggies1322 said:

Saint Pablo said:

You know the team was 0-6 coming into this game? They were close with UF for half a game of football and lost by three scores. I bet they were gonna turn it around this year and not lose by 41 if they hadn't brought in a girl at kicker!

Their kicking team got covided, the rest of the student body was home for break and they couldn't hold open tryouts, so they brought in a girl from the best soccer team in the conference to run a pooch kick on a garbage team. Who dafuq cares?
It's not about "caring", it's about laughing at morons who think this was "breaking barriers" or that Fuller was on the field for her athletic ability rather than as a PR figure.

And they could have had a team tryout. But the punter would have destroyed her, which would ruin the PR opportunity. So they didn't.
ironmanag
AG
The issue for me is they clearly didn't trust her to kick off. They squibbed it to keep her from getting hit.

If she had kicked off and been forced to get into the play she would have gotten planted and everyone knows it.

It was a stunt.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Mr. Rhythm
ABattJudd said:

When I was coaching high school JV football, we played a team that had a girl at noseguard. My center was so nervous to block her because of where his hands would go. I told him, "hey, she wants to be out there, you treat her like any other opponent and put her on her backside."

I guess he took my advice, because they ended up dating for a while after that.

At the middle school ages, when girl are as big or bigger than the boys, there is zero problem with girls playing football. When the testosterone kicks in during high school is when the real problem with safety issues begin.
Saint Pablo
aTmAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Aggies1322 said:

Saint Pablo said:

It's not about "caring", it's about laughing at morons who think this was "breaking barriers" or that Fuller was on the field for her athletic ability rather than as a PR figure.

And they could have had a team tryout. But the punter would have destroyed her, which would ruin the PR opportunity. So they didn't.
Everyone is proving how little they care about it by talking about it on an online forum. I think that it was overblown on both sides. People that act like it is some revolutionary thing for equality are stupid. The fact she won SEC special teams player of the week is a JOKE. Our punter, LSU's, or Connor Blumrick all were more deserving and that is just from our game this weekend. People who are super butthurt about it are also stupid. I never see anyone get mad when a team throws an equipment into a game to hit a three or some deal like that. This is an 0-7 team that is horrid. They could have brought in Adam Vinatieri come in to kick and they were still going to lose by 41 points.

Maybe, maybe not. She is 4 inches taller and bigger than their punter lol it didn't really matter because their team is so bad and they never came close to scoring.
Saint Pablo
ironmanag said:

The issue for me is they clearly didn't trust her to kick off. They squibbed it to keep her from getting hit.

If she had kicked off and been forced to get into the play she would have gotten planted and everyone knows it.

It was a stunt.
How do you know it's that? How do you know it wasn't a 0-6 team trying to catch their opponent off guard? It isn't like they lined up for 5 kicks and she pooch kicked it 5 times lmao they literally only kicked off one time, on the opening kickoff.
rootube
AG
This article is complete trash. I guess it's a dog whistle for people who are insecure and scared enough to have their world rocked by a girl squib kicking in a boy sport.

I saw an interview with her and she was completely humble and complimentary of her teammates. She acknowledged that she had a lot to learn from the other kickers and expressed a desire to stay with the team and participate in any way possible.
aggiephoenix02
I think many people are just tired of being told one thing by the media and SJW types, and then seeing the truth with their eyes and having it all be totally different.

It's also frustrating to see the mental gymnastics people go through to fit a square peg into a round hole...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.