Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How do the injuries at tight end and center affect our offense?

3,280 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
PneumAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're obviously going to see a lot fewer two TE sets now. I don't see Max Wright being a factor at all in his first year at the position. Maybe next year. Losing Cupp takes a whole dimension away from the offense.

Having injuries at center and relying on a true fish is going to be a huge problem
IMO. The one thing we had going for us on the O line this year was experience. Now the most critical position on the line looks to be in bad shape and is being manned by somebody who has never played a college snap.

I could see these two issues costing us a win this year. I'd probably take the under on 6.5 wins now. What are everybody else's thoughts?
badharambe
AG
Our center is hurt?!?

Who is our center?
Reno Hightower
Is it Chibuzo?
Cramp00
Likely went from a mediocre team to a mediocre team
PneumAg
Cramp00 said:

Good point.
Agsuffering@bulaw
In the video clips of the last "scrimmage" there was a black arm at center. Couldn't see much else other than dan Moore and Carson green. There was a black lg and a white rg. Assuming they were Kenyon and hocker. Couldn't make out the numbers or see faces.

The thinking was that Matthews was C2.

The most likely deduction is that McCollum is hurt again, plus Matthews is hurt or ineffective.

It is possible that someone stepped up and overtook both of them, but not likely. Reed has done nothing in his 3 previous years. Plus, c is asked to read the front. Coaches usually prefer experience over raw talent at c.
SinKiller
Cupp has never played a down of college football, exactly nobody knows what we'll miss with him out.
Agsuffering@bulaw
And the way I saw the season is that we have a bunch of posted bets we mist hit on a few of them to go 7-3. Or, we catch luck.

Biggest bet is whether mond continues to progress. If he takes another leap, it would cover a lot of others.

Second bet is the OL. Too early to sell. McCollum could have been nursing a minor sprain. Anyways, there are 4 others. If 2 of the 4 make big strides, it changes things.

Next biggest bet is probably demas. IF he can threaten good defenses, other things will open up.

Next biggest bet was that TE2 could create mismatches. Looking like we lost that bet.

Probably the last bet is that Preston or one of the other returning wrs becomes not just a space filler, but a mismatch maker.

We should know what to reasonably expect after the bama game. I still think we go 7-3.
vander54
S
Injuries at center are minor from what I've heard on two different sites and Chibuzo is our 3rd string center.

As for TE we still have our starter and a seviceable backup. The scary part is they have moved Blumrick to TE. I hope he either proves me wrong or doesn't see the field unless as a pass catcher only.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

In the video clips of the last "scrimmage" there was a black arm at center.

Racist. Kamala Harris is calling for a full investigation....
Texas Rooster
F her!!!!
fightinag
Cramp00 said:

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR .......... again !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Agsuffering@bulaw
If we actually moved blumrick, that is a bad sign. And I don't know how serviceable rennick or Wright are as TE1. Rennick is adequate as the blocking TE when we go aces or heavy set.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.