Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brady Quinn isn't having it with the PAC-12 players

9,996 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxAg76
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Now that's honesty.
texasaggie84
AG
Brady Quinn is correct. To hell with the Pac-12 anyway.
W
AG
truth
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I didn't know NFL players only had 5 years of post career health care and that's if they played 5 years. That's pretty eye opening
monarch
S
I read the list of demands on another website. Quinn is spot on; if you don't like the situation you are in leave. Go somewhere else or quit playing. The lack of knowledge about how money works and where that money comes from is astounding. Sorry...not sorry. Shut your mouth and play.
Peace for Ukraine!
W
AG
glad to hear him talk about Title IX.

that's a huge part of this issue. Can't do special things just for the football program. It has to include the womens sports as well
greg.w.h
AG
Title IX will result in Div 3 status for men's programs and the proceeds of football and basketball funding Div 1 women's programs.
cupofjoe04
AG
Wow. That was WELL worth the listen. Some very passionate, and yet articulate points. I didn't know about the healthcare for NFL either. Shocking
AggieTFA06
AG
I will give props to the Pac 12 for trying to make themselves relevant in the college football news because I don't see them making much news in the playoff push.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
merch
We don't still think we are going to have a college football season do we? Gets less and less likely everyday.
W
AG
this is part of the problem:

ESPN's article on the Pac-12 players' demands:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29583451/pac-12-football-players-letter-most-important-takeaways-unprecedented-step

all 9 of their beat writers are calling it "ground-breaking" or "historic" or "fantastic" and such.

one of the writers even said that the 6 years of guaranteed medical coverage was achievable.

they have no idea what they're talking about
Reno Hightower
Hey Pac12 athletes, strangling the golden goose won't get you more golden eggs.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I agree with most of what he said. Calling the football players selfish was a little unfair.

Football players make the money for the school and are most likely to have long term health effects. The other scholarship athletes mostly lose money and mostly lower the academic average. 50% of revenue is crazy, But they would be getting more than Currently if the cartel were broken up. 6!years medical is also crazy, but there ought to be some protection for athletes who sustain long term health problems from playing.

It's also unfair since he was a qb. Qb is one of the least likely to get hurt , especially in a pro system like he ran. They probably have the biggest average earning potential of all positions.

Yes they are a bunch of pinko marxists. were it up to me, strip them of citizenship and send them to Afghanistan to start their new lives. Maybe they could unionize the Taliban, or die trying. But the system is crooked all the way around and he could at least be honest about that.

(Yes, there is caselaw against my proposal)
GumboMaverick
W said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29583451/pac-12-football-players-letter-most-important-takeaways-unprecedented-step

all 9 of their beat writers are calling it "ground-breaking" or "historic" or "fantastic" and such.

one of the writers even said that the 6 years of guaranteed medical coverage was achievable.

They have to say it is ground breaking and such. We are in the cancel culture Era.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I agree with most of what he said. Calling the football players selfish was a little unfair.

Football players make the money for the school and are most likely to have long term health effects. The other scholarship athletes mostly lose money and mostly lower the academic average. 50% of revenue is crazy, But they would be getting more than Currently if the cartel were broken up. 6!years medical is also crazy, but there ought to be some protection for athletes who sustain long term health problems from playing.

It's also unfair since he was a qb. Qb is one of the least likely to get hurt , especially in a pro system like he ran. They probably have the biggest average earning potential of all positions.

Yes they are a bunch of pinko marxists. were it up to me, strip them of citizenship and send them to Afghanistan to start their new lives. Maybe they could unionize the Taliban, or die trying. But the system is crooked all the way around and he could at least be honest about that.

The PAC-12 already provides 4 years health benefits. No one mentions that though.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Thanks for informing. That is pretty generous.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
monarch said:

I read the list of demands on another website. Quinn is spot on; if you don't like the situation you are in leave. Go somewhere else or quit playing. The lack of knowledge about how money works and where that money comes from is astounding. Sorry...not sorry. Shut your mouth and play.
Username checks out
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
W said:

The writers who make their living off of following the sport don't know what they're talking about but you do? It's interesting that all 9 beat writers have inferior knowledge compared to you. Maybe you should try a career in sports journalism!
Gil Renard
AG
Now he's done
Agsuffering@bulaw
Sports writers are paid to regurgitate the talking point with pizazz and style. Very few actually investigate and think through a question. Journalism is on life support.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

W said:

The writers who make their living off of following the sport don't know what they're talking about but you do? It's interesting that all 9 beat writers have inferior knowledge compared to you. Maybe you should try a career in sports journalism!

I think Brady Quinn knows a thing or two about playing in college sports.
WoMD
OldShadeOfBlue said:

W said:

Goal number one of journalism is selling a story.

Goal number two is presenting facts in a balanced and fair fashion while not taking sides on issues.
Alpha Texan
AG
The only appreciation I have for the pac 12 is that they usually provide me with an entertaining, defense-free game at 11:30 on saturday nights when all other games have stopped.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
WoMD said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

W said:

Goal number two is presenting facts in a balanced and fair fashion while not taking sides on issues.
Funny that's it's only balanced when it's your viewpoint. In this case Brady Quinn is correct and those other 9 writers are all "selling a story".
greg.w.h
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Sports writers are paid to regurgitate the talking point with pizazz and style. Very few actually investigate and think through a question. Journalism is on life support.
They've all become Pravda!!!
WoMD
OldShadeOfBlue said:

WoMD said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

W said:

Funny that's it's only balanced when it's your viewpoint. In this case Brady Quinn is correct and those other 9 writers are all "selling a story".

What part of what he said are you disputing as incorrect?

And have you not been paying attention to the SJW machine that is ESPN the last few years...? ESPN is literally the sports branch of leftist media, so yes, most everything ESPN spits out is "selling their story" by default. I'm not sorry, but they created this reputation, it is nothing new or surprising if you've actually been watching what they've been spitting out for awhile now. If you're going to take a stand on something, then at least don't pick something so ridiculous as defending espn on anything social justice and leftist politics/propaganda. Seriously, this is not the hill to die on.
AWP 97
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Do you really believe that the other scholarship athletes lower the academic average? My guess is that's not true and if anything the football team lowers the academic average.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
WoMD said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

WoMD said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

W said:

What part of what he said are you disputing as incorrect?

And have you not been paying attention to the SJW machine that is ESPN the last few years...? ESPN is literally the sports branch of leftist media, so yes, most everything ESPN spits out is "selling their story" by default. I'm not sorry, but they created this reputation, it is nothing new or surprising if you've actually been watching what they've been spitting out for awhile now. If you're going to take a stand on something, then at least don't pick something so ridiculous as defending espn on anything social justice and leftist politics/propaganda. Seriously, this is not the hill to die on.
And I've seen plenty of FOX News to know there's a channel to validate any opinion out there. All I'm saying is a lot of y'all tend to regurgitate the same nonsense of whatever journalists opinion that fits your view and you shun all others as nonsense instead of taking both sides into consideration. There's no possible way that the other side knows what they're talking about and never another viewpoint to learn from. I find myself as a moderate who tries to understand both sides. In this case I'm trying to understand where the players are coming from along with the 9 journalists who you don't think know what they're talking about, despite it being their profession, and you, checking TexAgs on and off throughout the day. I listen to Brady Quinn and he sounds no different than any other person giving a hot take. It's filled with hyperbole and assumptions for someone who himself never played for a school tied to a conference. He's calling a lot of people liars. He's even talking about how stupid it is for players to demand things that the conference is already discussing.. It's probably not that stupid if it's already being considered.
Post removed:
by user
94chem
tldr. anybody have a power point of what they actually want?
tate504
AG
Gil Renard said:

Now he's done

This will get buried but you...... You are the shining light on this thread. Well done.
Tegrity123
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Now that's honesty.
little rich kid Brady Quinn.
Mister Doctor
Not a Brady Quinn fan, but he's spot on with his thoughts here.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
So if the Pac 12 doesn't play any games, will anyone really notice?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Tegrity123 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

Now that's honesty.
little rich kid Brady Quinn.

Little dips*** Tegrity.

See how that works?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.