Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Its Official - Conference Play Only

15,586 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't wait to see the new schedule, I'd love revenge on Georgia.

Link to Article
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Leander - Ag
AG
Gonna be fun!
rgag12
AG
5-5 here we come!
wangus12
AG
Nice. Now we have a built in excuse for why our schedule is too hard
rsf0626
very intrigued how the playoff committee will determine the teams based on each conference doing conference only...based on the eye test I guess
rsf0626
Aggie_Journalist
AG
rsf0626 said:

very intrigued how the playoff committee will determine the teams based on each conference doing conference only...based on the eye test I guess

This will be the year four SEC teams make it into the playoff.
Thanks and gig'em
W
AG
rgag12 said:

5-5 here we come!
A&M has not had a losing season since 2009.

but all bets are off now
Panama Red
AG
rsf0626 said:

So nothing different than usual
J-Licious
AG
Does Vegas cancel the bets people made on o/u wins during regular season?
hunter2012
AG
Most favorable schedule we were ever going to get in the SEC and it gets rewritten by a f****** virus.
Charlie 31
AG
WOW!!!
AGAZ03
AG
My thoughts exactly.

Bye bye 10-2 season.

This will be brutal. Also where is the bye week?
rsf0626
hunter2012 said:

Most favorable schedule we were ever going to get in the SEC and it gets rewritten by a f****** virus.
wouldn't be A&M if it didn't happen this way
rsf0626
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
We weren't going to beat Bama or LSU so it doesn't matter anyway.
SouthCollegeStation

One Possibility - 10 SEC Games in 10 Weeks Schedule: Texas A&M:

Game 1 - Sept 26 - Arkansas - Home Game #1 Played at Kyle Field
Game 2 - Oct 3 - at Miss State - Away Game #1
Game 3 - Oct 10 - Missouri or Kentucky - Home Game #2
Game 4 - Oct 17 - at Auburn - Away Game #2
Game 5 - Oct 24 - at South Carolina - Away Game #3
Game 6 - Oct 31 - *LSU moved to allow Florida on Nov 28 - Home Game #3
Game 7 - Nov 7 - Ole Miss - Home Game #4
Game 8 - Nov 14 - Vanderbilt - Home Game #5
Game 9 - Nov 21 - at Alabama - Away Game #4
Game 10 - Nov 28 - Florida (Replacing LSU) - Away Game #5

maver1ck
AG
sips are avoiding the beatdown in Death Valley.

Herman will take an L to some Mountain West squad instead
hunter2012
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

We weren't going to beat Bama or LSU so it doesn't matter anyway.
I'd say we have an excellent shot against LSU. I don't care that they were a team of destiny last year, their entire roster and coaching staff has been gutted. They can't reload the way Bama does. Beating LSU and Auburn was a backdoor into the playoff. Now we have no tune ups, we have to face a Dan Mullen Gator squad, and we don't have the best track record against Mizzou(though it's been a few years). If there's no playoff then we'll have to go undefeated just for the AP to acknowledge us, let alone a MNC.
GEA2007
AG
Hope we've got the spine to stand up to Jerry and not get roped in to 10 more years in Arlington in exchange for a two-year home-and-home with the Hogs.
Bunk Moreland
our next 2 in the rotation are Missouri & Florida so that's who I expect to see added.
W
AG
it will be interesting to see if the horns ever make the return trip to Baton Rouge
BuffsAg47
AG
I think it's gonna be fun.
hunter2012
AG
W said:

it will be interesting to see if the horns ever make the return trip to Baton Rouge
Weren't the horns tied to the outbreak. What if they caused this to wiggle out of it?! /BOMC
W
AG
so for A&M to have a winning record...

Jimbo must beat one of Bama, LSU, Auburn, or Florida or win in Starkville (where A&M has lost 3 straight).

not going to be easy

Charlie 31
AG
This is going to create a huge financial blow to the athletic departments of those non-Power Five conference schools whose budgets rely heavily on funds earned when their football teams play non-conference games against Power Five conference teams.
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

so for A&M to have a winning record...

Jimbo must beat one of Bama, LSU, Auburn, or Florida or win in Starkville (where A&M has lost 3 straight).

not going to be easy

Classic Aggie mentality...and completely predictable...our fan base never disappoints
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Even with a 10-game conference schedule, I still believe we have a better chance of beating LSU at home than Auburn on the road. Under Jimbo Fisher, we've gone 1-3 and 1-2 in SEC road games over the past two years, not including wins over Arkansas at Jerry World. Including a loss at Clemson last year, he is 2-6 in true road games. The only road wins were at South Carolina in 2018 and Ole Miss in 2019, and both wins were by seven points or less. In fact, we have not scored more than 26 points in any road game.

When LSU visits us on 11/28, they will be coming off a difficult road game at Auburn, and I predict they will lose that game. Since 2000, LSU is 3-7 at Jordan-Hare stadium with wins in 2008, 2012, and 2018, and I don't see LSU winning two games in a row at that stadium. We will be coming off a loss at Alabama. With both LSU and Texas A&M motivated to bounce back from these tough road loses in the state of Alabama, home field advantage could be the biggest factor in determining the outcome.

LB12Diamond
AG
Anyone know how this will affect Arkansas game?
Mathguy64
AG
Lost in this is that a whole lot of small schools who play to get paid are going to miss that massive cash infusion.
West Point Aggie
AG
mathguy86 said:

Lost in this is that a whole lot of small schools who play to get paid are going to miss that massive cash infusion.

Survival of the fittest
Sparkie
AG
hunter2012 said:

Bama is supposedly loaded. With 8 to 10 players predicted to be drafted in the first round. If A&M could manage to get 8 players drafted in a single year, we would be pissing ourselves.
maroongoon95
AG
So we replace Georgia with at Florida. Schedule like last year. Typical our luck
Leander - Ag
AG
Jebber said:

Moving to Kyle per AD
West Point Aggie
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Jebber said:

Moving to Kyle per AD

So we play at home in a basically empty stadium and at their place next year full capacity?
Alpha Texan
AG
I think we're gonna push the start of the season back a couple of weeks. Probably won't start til mid-late september and have one bye week. When will that be? i dunno.
W
AG
A&M will accept that tradeoff with the hope of having 50% capacity...and being able to charge $200 or $300 per ticket (for the Arkansas game)
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.