Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Have we Heard from Jimbo Fisher on tweets by players?

8,661 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mister Mystery Guest
Colonel A. 1976
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just Curious?
Col. A 1976
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
No and I don't imagine we will. As much as many of us would like to hear something from him on this topic we won't. He has made his statement and he is back to focusing on football. Probably a pretty smart move on his part. Inevitably no matter what he would say it would be deemed racists if he tried to reel them in at all.
TexanJeff
AG
Hard for him to
Comment without his daily press conference after practice.

It's not like he is going to call a press conference just to tell a bunch of old men that sometimes young people say things on this thing called twitter that they may not like but he is only a football
Coach not head of statue management
samhoustonag
He will avoid doing so if at all possible. Minefield.
PabloSerna
AG
Kellen already said it... "I can't hear you - you actions are too loud" or something to that effect.

Jimbo will say the right things because he is a good man and good men tend to do the right things.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Detmersdislocated shoulder...what statement are mentioning...I have heard nothing, please share??
Col. A 1976
Alpha Texan
AG
We pay Jimbo to run a football program and I think he is committed to running the best football program he can. If we made a venn diagram with building the best football program we can in one circle, and getting active in the Sully situation in the other circle, I don't think there would be ANY overlap, and Jimbo knows that.
Velvet Jones
AG
TexanJeff said:

Hard for him to
Comment without his daily press conference after practice.

It's not like he is going to call a press conference just to tell a bunch of old men that sometimes young people say things on this thing called twitter that they may not like but he is only a football
Coach not head of statue management
Oh look! TJ is both a sexist and an ageist.

Showstopper
AG
If he made a statement I don't know whether you guys would like it. He didn't go to school here so he probably doesn't give a single damn about Sul Ross. If getting rid of the statute got rid of a distraction he'd probably be for it.

If you are pro-statue your best bet is Sharp, not Jimbo or Young.
Artimus Gordon
No win situation! Stay out of the fray! Talk football only.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Colonel A. 1976 said:

Detmersdislocated shoulder...what statement are mentioning...I have heard nothing, please share??

Google jimbo fisher statement on social injustice. He made a statement around the end of May. Don't have the link but if you google it it's there.
GumboMaverick
Id rather he be heads down focused on playing ball - not worrying about the twitter-verse and not talking publically about any of it. My guess is he is talking to his players 1 on 1 - and leading privately - not publicly like the OU dude... or any other coach who feels the need to appease publicly vs. privately go about his business -

social media is the devil.
aggiese72
AG
I agree with Alpha Texan!
rootube
AG
Except he has released a statement and he supports our players.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

See above
twodognight
He said a few years ago when the NFL kneeling was first trending that he supports players' right to express themselves, and that standing or kneeling during the anthem was an individual choice.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Bjork weighed in. Supported Kellen's March today. The one that ended with getting in some old Ags faces, cursing at them, and trying to incite a fight.

Great job AD. I hope your stay here is short.
W
AG
Jimbo did next-to-nothing about Winston at FSU.

he's not going to do anything about this either
Law Hall 69-72
AG
If I was JF, I would take a stand against kneeling, receive a huge settlement after getting fired and never have the aggravation of coaching again.
northeastag
AG
Now that the tweets are out, and the controversy exists, JF is in a no win situation. The least bad choice is to hide in the office like he is doing.

It just goes to show you once again how much smarter Saban is that all the rest of them.
oneeyedag
Google Coach K statement. Put Fishers face on Coach K and there you have it.....Fisher would be wise to stay away, its no longer his show, its the Mondo show.

Double Diamond
There is nothing any of these guys can do. You'll be. shout it down and destroyed. Called a racist and your career over.
rrtodds
AG
Is it too simple?

If you're proud of your boys ... say so.

If you're embarrassed by or disappointed in your boys ... say so.
Double Diamond
It's not that easy. Jimbo nor the AD can't take a stand. Do you want recruiting to end at A&M?
txrancher69
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Bjork weighed in. Supported Kellen's March today. The one that ended with getting in some old Ags faces, cursing at them, and trying to incite a fight.

Great job AD. I hope your stay here is short.
Could not agree with you more. Bjork has badly misread what is going on and it will kick him in the butt. Meanwhile we all know how poorly Jimbo handled his problem QB at FSU and now we see he learned nothing. Hopefully Covid will cancel the season and Mond transfers out from the school he hates so much.
TexAggie1999
rootube said:

Except he has released a statement and he supports our players.

Acting like there is significant racism in our country in 2020 is ridiculous. The most significant racism I have seen over the last two months is by BLACKS. George Floyd? It was wrong, but why are we suggesting it is racist? He had a history of treating EVERYONE badly. He was a bad cop. Is it just because he was white and the victim was black? If that is true, then white people should be the ones claiming racism because far more blacks kill whites than vice versa. Rayshard Brooks? The dude resisted arrest, punched a cop, fought with them, stole one of the two officers tasers and was pointing it at the officer while running away when he was shot. Acting like that was an unjustified shooting is stupid. With 20/20 hindsight, you can suggest ways to have dealt with the situation differently, but in the heat of the moment, after being attacked by Brooks, and while having a weapon (a taser is a weapon and can kill you if used wrong) pointed at you, firing was a reasonable response.

So where is the racism against blacks? Yes, there are some racist in society, both black and white. It is wrong and society views it as wrong. However, this is the extreme minority. Yes, there is a problem with police brutality. Some people are attracted to being police officers by the power the position holds. That can result in getting some of the wrong kind of people. It is going to be tough to identify the bad ones before they are hired, but we should try and we should do a better job of trying to identify bad cops. We do have to be careful not to start firing good cops over things they should not though. There are many reasons blacks seem to be targeted more by the police (though more whites are killed by police than blacks). First, the media highlights every incidence of it and plays the race card. For black on white cases, it is hardly reported and they generally don't even mention the race of those involved. Second, blacks commit, as compared to a percentage of the population, a disproportionately high amount of violent crimes. At only 13% of the population, blacks commit more total murders than whites. If you commit more crimes, you are going to have more interactions with the police. More interactions with the police is going to result in more problems. Does the color of your skin make you more likely to commit murder? No. I am confident it is the socio-economic position in society and cultural. Third, when you resist arrest, bad things happen. Sometimes those bad things are justified (Rayshard Brooks). Sometimes they are not (George Floyd). But in all cases, resisting arrest is a recipe for disaster. I have no idea if blacks resist arrest more than whites, but in most of the high profile cases of blacks being killed by whites, the situation was escalated by the victim resisting arrest. Fourth, blacks are probably profiled to some degree. Some of this might be a general bias. Unfortunately, some may be based on the real data where blacks do commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Some may be police officer racism.

Is the evidence of "significant racism" simply that blacks, as a whole, haven't been as successful in society? If you go back far enough, it is expected blacks would be starting at a lower socio-economic status. It is harder to be successful if you are born poor. That is true for blacks or whites. That isn't racism. Programs to help poor people who really put in the effort to improve their situation are reasonable, but they should not be race based. There is also a cultural problem. Single parent families are far more likely in the black community. They shouldn't be looked down upon, but it does make it significantly harder for children who do not have a father heavily involved in their life. Black on black crime is insanely high. It is going to be harder to get out out of poor communities when you are killing each other. Education has to be stressed. The Asian community stresses education far more than whites. That is why they go from poor to middle class so quickly. The more you stress education, the more likely you are to be successful.

Unless the change we so desperately seek is to reduce police brutality and to help blacks stop viewing themselves as victims and take responsibility for their own success, then I don't know what Jimbo is looking for. All of other stuff, tearing down statues, renaming syrup, etc. isn't going to change anything.
Phoenix1
Jimbo & Bjork need to either get control of the team or pack up their crap & get the hell out. Jimbo has an option to leave anytime he wants. If he's not going to control his players I suggest he uses it.
Double Diamond
Again do you not understand they can't say anything. The mob will have them destroyed.
VatoLocoAggie
Obviously Mond has more power and leverage than Fisher.

If Fisher was truly in-charge and had positional leverage or influence, he would have saved his star QB and team leader and reeled him in.

He has not. Why? Because Mond runs the team. Mind is in-charge right now. Not multimillionaire Fisher. The guy we paid a lucrative contract to unify and build a strong cohesive team. We do NOT have this. He is failing in his contractual responsibilities and failing A&M.

A good coach would never allow this to get this far. He would have a relationship that allows for him to discuss the wrongs honestly and resolve issues without offending BMAs and the university.

Fisher is guilty by omission. Weak.
Paying a man millions to sit at home and wear a mask.
Go talk to him, Fisher and be not only a coach, but also be a MAN!

A true Texan native coach would never allow this.
Sad and disgusting!
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
TexasAggie_97
AG
Double Diamond said:

Again do you not understand they can't say anything. The mob will have them destroyed.

Well then we have a neutered head coach.
sharpdressedman
TexasAggie_97 said:

Double Diamond said:

Well then we have a neutered head coach.
Whatever "It" is, it's usually about "the money." JF will avoid becoming embroiled in this mess because he has a guaranteed contract for megabucks, and he knows he won't/can't be fired for cause by doing nothing. Getting involved is far too risky, economically and socially.

Mond is so far over the line he cannot reconcile his behavior and recover his standing with the Aggie base. JF is driving past the wreck, not wanting to look. JMO
zephyr88
AG
I'd love to hear Jimbo defend his blue hooded linebacker.

I'd love to hear Henry defend his diving rack star.

I'd love to hear Bjork defend their defenses.

It's all a sh^tshow now.

#notanotherdime
#notanotherdown
TyperWoods
Well, Jimbo, I'll be sitting this one out if your football team continues these shenanigans.
coondog004
I'm waiting for Mond to come out and say he won't play unless the statue goes away. I would be fine with that It would be interesting who would come out an be the leader.
merch
Well hopefully he is ready for it because he is going to get asked about it a bunch and he is going to look really stupid not addressing what Mond and Browm and others are doing
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.