Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Trayveon williams

7,697 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
Ajollyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Samaje perine just got picked up by the bengals.

They now have four rb's.

Mixon
Anderson
Perine
Williams

Really hoping they trade away trayveon to somewhere that needs a rb. He's being overlooked in my opinion
Slamn Sharpe
He was never going to be a starter in the NFL. I'm not even sure he was ever going to be in a 2-deep

Hes gotta work harder than everyone else
UnderTheHillAg
He never had the tools to be anything but a backup, package back used as a blocker; and that's okay! He's making a good amount of money as a practice squad player, as he should probably consider finishing up his degree.
Gil Renard
AG
Best back in the SEC a year ago - just takes one to get in someone's ear
BCooper2012
Good college back. Hopefully he goes somewhere that needs a 3rd option at RB.
ashley
He doesn't have much punch.
patr30n
Not gonna lie, how is anyone not surprised? It was clear in college that he wasn't going to be an every down back or a really good backup in the NFL.

If I recall there were quite a few posters (and mods) on this board who were perplexed why he wasn't drafted earlier...
BrandoC
AG
WTH, is the Bengals RB coach a former Oklahoma RB coach. Never seen any NFL teams stack up with 3 former same college, same position players. Thats a position full of women beaters right there. Trayveon should bolt if he gets the chance.
83Aggie
AG
The Patriots Offense is excellent at utilizing the smaller quick back. He would be a good fit there.
Tamu_mgm
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

He was never going to be a starter in the NFL. I'm not even sure he was ever going to be in a 2-deep

Woah, talk about a leap. He was injured most of last year for crying out loud. Regardless of them bringing in Perine, the 2020 season hasn't even started, nor has camp, practice, let alone the actual season itself and people are ready to write him off in his 2nd season? Ridiculous.
rcb05
AG
He's a roster player, not a practice squad player. Practice squad guys are lucky to get six figures; Trayveon got paid just under $730k last season with three more years on his deal. Even if they cut him tomorrow the Bengals would still owe him another $130k in signing bonus money.

You're right the Trayveon is not the kind of back who is on the field for all three downs, but many NFL teams don't want that anyway. They want a committee, and Williams could excel as a pass-catching back. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets some third down snaps this season if he can stay helathy, it's way too soon to write him off as an NFL player.
TexAgsSean
AG
BrandoC said:

WTH, is the Bengals RB coach a former Oklahoma RB coach. Never seen any NFL teams stack up with 3 former same college, same position players. Thats a position full of women beaters right there. Trayveon should bolt if he gets the chance.

You're such a piece of **** poster. You're the bottom of the barrel of posters on texags.

A position full of women beaters? Samaje is actually my brother-in-law and is as far from a "woman beater" as you'll find. You know nothing about him yet decide to lump him in with that statement? It's pathetic that you would even think to insinuate that about him.

I really wish TexAgs Staff would take out the trash.
Faustus
BrandoC said:

He hasn't been beaten yet.
AgPediRPh
AG
patr30n said:

Not gonna lie, how is anyone not surprised? It was clear in college that he wasn't going to be an every down back or a really good backup in the NFL
to be fair, very few NFL RBs are every down backs. Most teams are going toward running back by committee.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

You're right the Trayveon is not the kind of back who is on the field for all three downs, but many NFL teams don't want that anyway. They want a committee, and Williams could excel as a pass-catching back. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets some third down snaps this season if he can stay helathy, it's way too soon to write him off as an NFL player.

This is it. Maybe 10 teams will have feature backs. Half b/c they overpaid a free-aent RB. The committee is the present and the future. All committee will want at least one RB with TW's skill set.
BrandoC
AG
Your on the wrong forum my friend. Oklahoma is known to have kids from the RB position beat women....on camera. Did I say "Perine is a women beater", heck no but it's a proven fact Anderson and Mixon are. My point is Tray is getting screwed. Here is a site you should visit that you should be on instead.
https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/general-topics/the-stacks/the-pub/4239-landthieves-officially-dead
TexAgsSean
AG
BrandoC said:

Your on the wrong forum my friend. Oklahoma is known to have kids from the RB position beat women....on camera. Did I say "Perine is a women beater", heck no but it's a proven fact Anderson and Mixon are. My point is Tray is getting screwed. Here is a site you should visit that you should be on instead.
https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/general-topics/the-stacks/the-pub/4239-landthieves-officially-dead
Here's a site you should visit that you should spend more time reading instead of TexAgs.

Here was your quote, "Never seen any NFL teams stack up with 3 former same college, same position players."

Those 3 would include the 3 RB's from OU on the team: Samaje, Mixon, Anderson.

Then you said, "That's a position full of women beaters right there."

That is you lumping him in with them. I couldn't care less about Mixon or Anderson, but you just assume that Samaje is on the same level.

If your point was that Tray should get out of there then you should have said that and left it at that. I don't know why I would expect you to post something decent on here, though. You're a known terrible poster on TexAgs.
AggieJoker90
AG
You failed to even list their 2nd string RB Gio Bernard. He is their 3rd down back and at 5'9" / 205 he is the one on the depth chart that is costing TW reps
BrandoC
AG
People on here have literally bashed people I have known as well. Who cares it's a dang sports forum for gosh sakes. Have some thick skin. Not only that but it's about a hated team we could care less about. I didn't even single out the kid on top of that. If it was the same situation about a sip would we even be having this conversation, no. The kid may be a good kid, I don't know but he was surrounded by a lot of coverup players at OU that did bad things. If he is a good kid like you say then I am glad he wasn't like the rest.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
This site is going loco.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Agsuffering@bulaw
Playing at ou = guilt by association, at least in the court of public opinion
Slamn Sharpe
Tamu_mgm said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Woah, talk about a leap. He was injured most of last year for crying out loud. Regardless of them bringing in Perine, the 2020 season hasn't even started, nor has camp, practice, let alone the actual season itself and people are ready to write him off in his 2nd season? Ridiculous.

You misinterpreted what I was saying. My take on him is based purely on talent and what I saw in him as a Collegiate athlete. Going into the draft I never thought he would have a long career in the NFL. It made sense that he declared when he did but it didnt change how high or low his ceiling is as a RB

I like the guy and he was fun to watch. His stats in college are a little misleading however
samhoustonag
VatoLocoAggie said:

This site is going loco.
Gone loco?
Tamu_mgm
AG
If he can stay healthy, then I think he will play out a meaningful career in the NFL That's the only obstacle I really see with him, considering his athleticism. Also, if he can work into the top 2 of a rotation, whether in Cincinnati or another team, I think he could contribute big time with his ability as a runner / athlete / receiver. Jimbo used him in the screen game quite a bit in 2018.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.