Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Potential #1 overall pick Chase Young to return to OSU for Senior year

8,458 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mayor West
Toptierag2018
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866969-video-chase-young-says-plan-is-to-return-to-ohio-state-amid-2020-draft-buzz

Would make absolutely zero sense
aggieclay
If he does for sure, I sure as hell respect his decision.
TMF
AG
Legit chance to win it all and get a ring. Won't get another chance. Can get insurance. I wouldn't say makes zero sense.

We might have more do the same if we had a chance to make the playoffs. We have been mediocre so I don't blame our players at al for leaving. Why come back for more mediocracy? Hopefully that changes soon. I would say it would make zero sense for our top players to come back unless of course to improve stock.
JDay
Already took several thousand dollars from an agent and got away with it. I am sure he is getting taken care of quite nicely.
LEJ
Click. Bait... Free advertising... Fake news.

Would we be talking about the guy without this "story"?
Unemployed
AG
Any player who is a guaranteed top 5 pick that comes back has gotten bad advice.
Humorous Username
AG
RealTalk said:

Any player who is a guaranteed top 5 pick that comes back has gotten a lucrative offer from a booster.

FIFY. Makes ZERO sense, and we all know it.
Elephant Ghost
aggieclay said:

If he does for sure, I sure as hell respect his decision.

Wanting to play his final year of eligibility for a school he loves and wants to help win one more year.

Like so many senior athletes in the past. What a concept. Hell yes, I respect it too.
dixichkn
AG
If he actually loves playing for the school and is not just looking for the quick payday then he is a rare cat indeed. I'm amazed by this,
Lateralus Ag
AG
Some people love playing college football and want to achieve certain goals before they graduate and move on to the next level.

Seems like maybe we could learn a few things from this young man.
Unemployed
AG
TMF said:

Legit chance to win it all and get a ring. Won't get another chance. Can get insurance. I wouldn't say makes zero sense.
It makes no sense financially.

From this article in 2017: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20592832/how-college-football-players-get-insurance

Quote:

According to industry professionals, the general rule is that a top-10 pick will qualify for $10 million of permanent total disability with a $5 million loss-of-value rider.

Devin White, last year's #5 draft pick, got a guaranteed contract worth $30MM with a signing bonus of $20MM.

Do the math.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Insurance would pay maybe 25-50% of what he would be worth, that's if the insurer actually pays.

Bagman Win!
BMX Bandit
Odds are he will change his mind.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
He doesn't want to take a pay cut.
Deputy Travis Junior
Yep. We can learn as much from bad examples as we can from good ones.

What a horrible, risky decision.
Nebules
AG
No chance OSU bagmen or insurance agents are outbidding the NFL. I think he just loves skewl.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
RealTalk said:

Any player who is a guaranteed top 5 pick that comes back has gotten bad advice.

TexAgs loves to play the "bad advice" card. If a guy leaves early when he shouldn't - bad advice. If he stays when he should leave - bad advice. These kids do what they want to do.

With his projection, he's being told to declare. No doubt about it. If he stays, that's on him and nobody else.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Post removed:
by user
ABATTBQ87
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

OMAHA!
Unemployed
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

RealTalk said:

TexAgs loves to play the "bad advice" card. If a guy leaves early when he shouldn't - bad advice. If he stays when he should leave - bad advice. These kids do what they want to do.

With his projection, he's being told to declare. No doubt about it. If he stays, that's on him and nobody else.
So pedantic.

Either way, it's still a bad decision.

And I think Young is trolling.
PooDoo
AG
If O$U wins it all I'm sure decisions will be re-evaluated.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
RealTalk said:

Or he needs to go back to school and take math every class.
Unemployed
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

RealTalk said:

nm

CrottyKid
AG
He shouldn't be eligible and neither should Fields. This tOSU team is a sham and a mockery...a traveshamockery!
halfastros81
AG
Not a smart choice imo. If they win the championship then I suspect he changes his mind.
Toptierag2018 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866969-video-chase-young-says-plan-is-to-return-to-ohio-state-amid-2020-draft-buzz

Would make absolutely zero sense

It makes sense if he loves his school as much as we all love ours.
gindaloon
AG
Round about way of saying he won't play for Bengals.
Joe Exotic
AG
RealTalk said:

TMF said:

From this article in 2017: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20592832/how-college-football-players-get-insurance

Quote:

According to industry professionals, the general rule is that a top-10 pick will qualify for $10 million of permanent total disability with a $5 million loss-of-value rider.

Devin White, last year's #5 draft pick, got a guaranteed contract worth $30MM with a signing bonus of $20MM.

Do the math.

Money isn't the top priority for many people.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Bo Darville said:

RealTalk said:

TMF said:

Quote:

Do the math.

Money isn't the top priority for many people.

Many people say this. Usually people that don't make a lot of money.
Txhuntr
AG
gindaloon said:

Round about way of saying he won't play for Bengals.

This. If you're gonna be on a terrible team, at least make sure it's not in a crappy city, state
JDay
Already took over $10K from an agent. To say he doesn't prioritize money is foolish. Dude is doing really well where he is, well enough to make the decision on whether or not to turn pro a tough one.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Is Vegas taking odds on a career ending injury'?
agnerd
AG
If kids will be able to profit off their likeness next year, would he be more marketable across the entire country as the best college player than as another elite athlete in an NFL full of them? Previous money differential may not be as wide now as it used to be.
iluvpoker
agnerd said:

If kids will be able to profit off their likeness next year, would he be more marketable across the entire country as the best college player than as another elite athlete in an NFL full of them? Previous money differential may not be as wide now as it used to be.

Doesn't happen until 22 or 23
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.