Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Camron Horry in the transfer portal

6,500 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by psybj
AggieBlu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He make 10 in the portal now. I was wondering if this would happen. Good luck to him.
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Agsuffering@bulaw
I wasn't. Best of Luck to him.
psybj
Reportedly LSU has offered him, wants him to be OT
psybj
AggieBlu
AG
psybj said:

Interesting. Development in to 2 other positions didn't work. I guess third times a try but I think an A&M degree would look better.
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Ginormus Ag
AG
Can he transfer to basketball? Maybe he inherited some of his dad's clutch shot luck.
Aston04
AG
AggieBlu said:

psybj said:

Interesting. Development in to 2 other positions didn't work. I guess third times a try but I think an A&M degree would look better.
I'd be surprised if LSU had scholarship space to take on a project with a couple years left of eligibility.
psybj
<<I'd be surprised if LSU had scholarship space to take on a project with a couple years left of eligibility.>>

LSU is desperate for OT, simply LA don't grow them. LSU now has an excellent OL Coach but don't have the talent there.

psybj
Agsuffering@bulaw
Dont Feed the Troll. Psycho BJ is mad that I questioned LSU's OL development on another thread.
NoahAg
I get him leaving. He'll never play here. but why not hang out for the bowl game perks? Does he gain anything by announcing now?
Agsuffering@bulaw
He and Jimbo probably have an understanding. Put name in portal now so coaches know you are looking. Jimbo probably will allow him to stay long enough to graduate. Whether he travels and plays in the bowl will probably be at Jimbo's discretion.
Matsui
AG
It helps with signing day before and comparing numbers as well.
Showstopper
AG
Transfers count towards the 25 limit. For that reason alone I would not anticipate LSU going after him but congrats to him if they do offer him a slot.
TAMU74
AG
Good luck.
chipotle
This is how I picture the transfer portal:

I don't know why.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I loved watching his dad and was hoping to see Camron turn into a star. I hope he finds the right place for himself.
Slamn Sharpe
If hes anything like his dad he'll never play defense
kbarj
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

He and Jimbo probably have an understanding. Put name in portal now so coaches know you are looking. Jimbo probably will allow him to stay long enough to graduate. Whether he travels and plays in the bowl will probably be at Jimbo's discretion.
I hope you're right. Seems like the right way to do it.
Agsuffering@bulaw
We want him to graduate and then finish his career where he can play. It builds credibility, that we consider the athletes who dont pan out for us (unless they punk out w/o talking to Jimbo first).

Athletes like that are in a bad position: if he declares, the coach can pull his ship immediately. But if he doesnt declare, he can't let other coaches know he is looking for a landing spot.

And Jimbo goes further. He new that players like Tucker, Paul, and Brian Johnson were not to making it. He shut them down so they could redshirt this year. A lot of coaches wouldnt consider the player. If he could rest a starter from STs, the hell with the attrition candidate.

Jimbo is smart and/or humane enough to consider the athlete's perspective.
S.A. Aggie
AG
psybj said:

<<I'd be surprised if LSU had scholarship space to take on a project with a couple years left of eligibility.>>

LSU is desperate for OT, simply LA don't grow them. LSU now has an excellent OL Coach but don't have the talent there.

They don't have the talent there??? Hmmmm, I don't agree. Looks pretty good.
monarch
S
If hes anything like his dad he'll never play defense

True dat there.
WC94
AG
Quote:

Can he transfer to basketball? Maybe he inherited some of his dad's clutch shot luck.

Clearly a Mavs fan, since he won titles in Houston and SA. Dude has 7 rings, those weren't lucky shots.
Ginormus Ag
AG
WC94 said:

Quote:

Clearly a Mavs fan, since he won titles in Houston and SA. Dude has 7 rings, those weren't lucky shots.

Nope. Spurs fan since I was 6 and Willie Anderson was the best player on team. Still a fan today, even though they suck. I even have a framed picture of the 2005 Game 5 shot in Detroit. I wish that I could get it autographed. It is one of my all time favorite sport pictures.
psybj
S.A. Aggie said:

psybj said:

They don't have the talent there??? Hmmmm, I don't agree. Looks pretty good.

LA has great talent per capita but not OL.

On the list of 2020 Top Prospects in LA, the 2 highest rated OL are #11 and #52.

LSU has zero OL commits from LA for the coming class & unlikely to get any.
2019 LSU signed 2 OL from LA and a TE they hope to convert to OT.
2018 signed 1 OL from LA.
2017 LSU signed -0- OL from LA.

Only one of LSU's current starting OL is from LA, a 3star late pickup.

LA simply lacks OL talent, consistently.
psybj
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.